International Servers

Dear friends and lovers

Would Blizzard ever consider merging EU, US and perhaps other servers from around the globe? I'd consider it being pretty neat socializing with people from all over the world and it might help out with some servers with a considerably low population.

I know it's a bit out of the blue but meh!

Thank you in advance

Thybalt

Considering people are throwing insults at one another constantly due to what server you happened to start on before server merges I would not want to see the resulting racism/country bashing that would happen if they did this.

After playing EVE Online for a few years, it really sucks to not be able to play on US servers as a European player. I really don't see any harm in this, as long as they keep the ping low like in Guild Wars 2 (below 50, even when playing on US servers from Europe).

You've got a point there. But on EU there's already a lot of countries involved and it just depends on the people you're playing with I guess? There will always be people insulting each other, even if they just dislike the class/race you're playing as?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    After playing EVE Online for a few years, it really sucks to not be able to play on US servers as a European player. I really don't see any harm in this, as long as they keep the ping low like in Guild Wars 2 (below 50, even when playing on US servers from Europe).
    Indeed. There would be no harm, it would only broaden people their horizons.

Deleted
    I don't see it happening but I would personally love it. I have to say, I would be far more likely to keep an active subscription if I could play with both my friends in the EU and the US. Being able to access servers across the pond has never been a problem in GW2, I never had a single insult there for being EU on an NA server and could easily guest or transfer to an EU server if I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I don't see it happening but I would personally love it. I have to say, I would be far more likely to keep an active subscription if I could play with both my friends in the EU and the US. Being able to access servers across the pond has never been a problem in GW2, I never had a single insult there for being EU on an NA server and could easily guest or transfer to an EU server if I wanted.
    I think it's quite unlikely too, but it would be great if they could make it happen if the population keeps on dropping. Might also give people some off-topic stuff to talk about whilst 'enjoying' an instance farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would expect there tech to be far far to old for that.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I kept 2 subscriptions for a while to play with my EU friends. It'd be interesting to see low pop US and low pop EU together, or even EU and US servers on the same list. Will it happen? Meh. But I can dream, at least.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thybalt View Post
    Dear friends and lovers

Would Blizzard ever consider merging EU, US and perhaps other servers from around the globe? I'd consider it being pretty neat socializing with people from all over the world and it might help out with some servers with a considerably low population.

I know it's a bit out of the blue but meh!

Thank you in advance

Thybalt
    I doubt it will ever happen, the reason is that Blizzard Europe its a diferent company then Blizzard US, being a subscrived service they have keep a diferent accounting that will allow them to pay local taxes. Its the same for Asian realms.

Edit: The day they make the game F2P this problem ceases to exist, but even then i doubt they will merge it.

Another reason its latency, the games takes less time to conect to Paris, as a european player, then it does to conect to califórnia, being a game were latency its importatnt to parts of the game this is a big issue.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2014-01-26 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Yeah because seeing chinese, russian and english in 1 chat works great. Seen it on private servers; biggest racist chat in the world. I'm not a supporter of this plan. You overestimate tyhe amount of ppl speaking English.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Ah well, for every decision Blizzard makes there will be pros and cons. And if they'd only merge EU and US the English speaking part wouldn't be such a problem. But you're right, the cons may outweigh the pros right now. Would be great if they could all just get along though.