Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    1. Players must be challenged for raiding to exist. Make content last a lot longer, no easy ways to do it. Yes, make it comfortable to start doing it (it's already too comfortable) but always put the challenge in. This is why raiding is in decline since the beginning of wrath.

2. LoL and similar games are all about teamplay, personal level execution is very simple there. Do that in WoW and the monkey will play it better than you.

3. All of the pvp was casual before arenas, there was nothing to hurt.

4. Agree.

5. Tell me, why are you playing MMO games if you hate competition so much?

1. No, you're totally wrong. Raids can exist without much, if any, challenge, and challenge doesn't really extend their lifespans. Challenge is actually counterproductive to the business success of a game and (not unrelatedly) satisfaction of most players.
    2. You don't appear to be making a point there.
    3. You don't appear to be making any sense. If all PvP was casual before arenas, then of course there was something to hurt. Are you assuming that if something is casual, it has no value, and therefore cannot be hurt? Talk about assuming what you want to prove.
    5. Perhaps you now understand why so many people stopped playing WoW.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Migrations + Battlegroups ruined communities.
    Faction change helped towards that aswell when it came in wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Perhaps you now understand why so many people stopped playing WoW.
    Because it was launched 10 years ago ?

Do you often play Age of Empires and Call of Duty1 these days ? Let alone you would need to pay a 180 dollars per year to continue playing them...

The posts you see here are so ridiculous, that once you mention WoW some red curtain falls in front of some posters eyes and they make the silliest conclusions.

Also: MMO's are dead in subscriptions. WoW is the only one standing above multi million players.

iPads, Free browser games, 10 minute fights on the internet replaced lone 10 hour basement play...

That's why Titan was scrapped and Hearthstone launched in beta ....

The world changed.

And some still think they have to find a reason why WoW's player base changes...

So silly.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-01-30 at 11:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lfr
    noobisation
    casualisation
    retardation
    mongoloidation

Quote Originally Posted by Heinouka View Post
    2- SHOP = P2W !
    That's odd, last time I checked the sparklin pony doesn't help me pwn in PvP nor does it help me beat PvE content.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    So... Your logic is that, if you were a US soldier and you walked right past, I don't know, Bin Laden's guards, for example, they shouldn't "tag you for PvP"?
    1/ That's real life.

2/ Guards aren't players.

How basic is that concept? Extremely. How can you not understand it? An NPC attacking YOU shouldn't flag you for PvP. Heck, sometimes just being aggroed by a guard tags you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    1 - Removing WOTLK raid model
    What raid model? It changed every single tier.

It was also the only expansion that let you buy tier items without even stepping into a raid.

1. Stat inflation - it is pretty nuts that someone who does heroic versus someone who with 496 gear can have double their hps and like 3-5x their dps.
    2. XP in battlegrounds - if there were no xp, you would have zero bots before level 90...might actually be fun in there.
    3. PVP balance: hasn't been there as long as I've played...always OP classes. The fact mages have been crazy OP for 3 xpacs...just symbolizes how much they care.
    4. Giving and Removing Guild Perks: Faster Travel when Dead and Have Group Will Travel: This was a decent guild perk that made life very easy. I personally feel my time is wasted by time sinks of and the removal of these two are a prime example of a time sink.
    5. CRZ - I actually hate this thing more than words here can say. ATM I abuse the crap out of it for my own purposes, but really it killed small servers and the reasons people might have a char on there (farming rares/resources). Plus I hate how I lag when I change zones and how my friend dismounts from my rocket when I change zones....all things that haven't been fixed yet.

1. New Content instantly taking priority over old content
    I guess this is a result of a combination of things. LFR being a clear culprit, content getting nerfed during later patch stages, removal of attunements, etc. I miss the days when guilds were at different stages of the expansion. You had guilds just still progressing through SSC/TK while others were working through BT/Hyjal.

2. Refusing to balance PvP and PvE separately
    PvP gear was a step in the right direction and I think where they're going in Warlords should've been done a long time ago. A tourney realm-esque system for PvP is just want the game needs. I realize there needs to be some sort of reward for PvPers but higher item-level gear shouldn't be one of those rewards. It promotes further imbalance. Not to mention the fact they won't bite the bullet and design spells to work differently whether it's PvE or PvP, because they believe that it would be too confusing for players.

3. The MoP rep system
    It was simply too punishing for a lot of players. Much preferred the Tabard "Championing" system.

4. Homogenization
    It was more fun when things were unique and raid comp wasn't just about getting to 8/8 on the consolidated buff bar, it was about the utility that specs brought to the table. I miss totem twisting .

5. Making 10 mans the equivalent to 25s
    Nothing against 10 man raiders and being from Ursin I understand that without it many wouldn't get to raid. I just feel like content quality would've been so much higher had they stuck a set amount of people for raids rather than trying to design and balance around 2 different sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    We wish Blizzard or any company didn't cave to the whiners.
    It was mainly a retort to the "argument" the person I quoted made, tried to show him/her that I could make the same argument he/she used for the opposite case

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    1. 25 man raiding
    2. 10 man raiding
    3. Any form of PvE points
    4. Splitting dungeons and raids into normal and heroic
    5. Don't need a 5th

WoW died with TBC.
    40 mans really sucked and having so much players had no interest at all.

1. Allowing LFR to give the maximum reward for casuals/alts. There should be something with similar reward levels that doesn't take up this much time. Most things should have a good effort vs time spent vs reward ratio. LFR scores extremely poorly in my opinion with extreme time requirements (queues up to an hour, followed by up to several hours clear time), no effort required and highly RNG rewards. Getting nothing but gold when coining every boss and ending up with nothing but a few motes of harmony while guild chat is filled with people obtaining LFR items is very discouraging.

2. Stepping away from Cata's JP/VP system and making JP useless and VP for outdated items and item upgrades. I loved being able to buy current tier epics for Valor and previous tier with Justice. You rarely ran out of things to buy with Valor on alts and there was a BoE Valor item you could sell with excess points.

3. Item upgrades and thunderforged/warforged. Both cause unneeded item level inflation. The latter only adds even more RNG to loot. They said they would keep item upgrades in for WoD but at the same time they are removing most gem and enchantment slots and reforging because it was just something you had to do for each item.

4. Giving Challenge modes, and to a lesser extent Proving Grounds, only cosmetical rewards. Both are probably the most unsuccesfull features added in MoP.

5. Timeless Isle. Useless for geared characters (other than farming for RNG pets from RNG rares) and awful "effort vs reward" for characters hovering at the ~500 iLvl.

1. CRZ by a mile
    2. LFD, LFR was just an extension of that really.
    3. stay subbed legendaries
    4. VP system
    5. connected realms
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I never though I'd say this but I actually agree with people who said the talent system change. I like the new system a lot more than the old one but I think it should have been implemented a lot better. Old talents where you'd put points like 1/3, 2/3 etc were boring indeed but now you only get one every 15 levels and it feels kinda ''few and far between''. I wish they would add something in between, like every 2 levels, obviously it can't be a talent point as such but some sort of character progression (other than getting new abilities I mean). In the old system it felt kinda good to gain another talent point. :P

1) Removal of the Doodad Door.
    2) Ingame VOIP (seriously....they spent resources on this thing, and it completely does not work)
    3) CRZ....to an extent. It's useful on some zones, but it's extended to far too many.
    4) DAILIES!
    5) Combining 10/25m Lockouts.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    2) Ingame VOIP (seriously....they spent resources on this thing, and it completely does not work)
    I once saw an openraid event that said "we'd be using in-game voice chat".

No kidding. :-)

Never heard of *anyone* using that thing before. Because, yeah, it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

Never heard of *anyone* using that thing before. Because, yeah, it doesn't work.
    Blizz said they wanted to revisit it someday...I wish they'd do it sooner rather than later so I can cancel my Vent server sub and have one less thing to pay for.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

I'm in a 13/14 HC 25-man guild who only use the in-game voice chat. It works ok, on par with some of the lousier voice chat programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzel View Post
    I'm in a 13/14 HC 25-man guild who only use the in-game voice chat. It works ok, on par with some of the lousier voice chat programs.
    oOoOoOo

Honestly, this is the second time I hear someone say seriously (provided you are serious, then again, maybe that openraid guy wasn't serious either and was just making a gig) that they are using in-game voice chat in my entire life. Glad it works for you, but well... actually, no, nothing, glad it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzel View Post
    Still no excuse for it's lousy quality. Many games out there offer VOIP as part of their gameplay and they sound a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Because it was launched 10 years ago ?
    Do you often play Age of Empires and Call of Duty1 these days ? Let alone you would need to pay a 180 dollars per year to continue playing them...
    The posts you see here are so ridiculous, that once you mention WoW some red curtain falls in front of some posters eyes and they make the silliest conclusions.
    Also: MMO's are dead in subscriptions. WoW is the only one standing above multi million players.
    iPads, Free browser games, 10 minute fights on the internet replaced lone 10 hour basement play...
    That's why Titan was scrapped and Hearthstone launched in beta ....
    The world changed.
    And some still think they have to find a reason why WoW's player base changes...
    So silly.
    Do Age of Empires and Call of Duty1 add new content all the time? Do they offer multiplayer? There is your comparison going wrong...
    It's not the game being old, it's being a subscription based game being old.
    In case you didn't read it: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/...egends-surges/