Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Upcoming Champions

Hey all,

Some of you might now a new Champion is coming soon-ish. There were supposed to be 2 Support Champions coming in 2013, but they wanted more time between Champions at some point and that second Support Champ got pushed into early 2014.
    A lot of things have been coming out, like the Eyeball Champ leaked on Reddit some time ago, but let's talk about the timeframe here.
    I believe the next Champ should be coming in 2-3 weeks, 4 weeks tops from now.

2013-06-13 - Aatrox
    2013-08-22 - Lucian
    2013-10-10 - Jinx
    2013-12-13 - Yasuo
    4 Champs in 8 months, sticking to that timeframe we should have a 5th 2 months after Yasuo (2013-12-13), which would make 2014-02-xx.
    I personally hope it's a Support Champ, as that's what I play the most, but Vel'Koz seems like a cool Champion.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2014-04-19 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it depends on what they value more.. fixed/redone older champs.. or new champs. and it seems they are more focused on fixing the older champs. i think its a bit wrong of us to try and put any sort of hard time limit for a new champ, given there are so many broken ones that need to be updated first. i think its more plausible to just worry about what kind of champ will be next.

i hope it will be a support champ as they hinted at before christmas saying they had one scheduled for before christmas but that could have changed also. which is fine too, because i really want those reworks done. i would love to see more season 1 champs become viable again. much more so then seeing a single new unbalanced champ poking into the lineup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    it depends on what they value more.. fixed/redone older champs.. or new champs. and it seems they are more focused on fixing the older champs. i think its a bit wrong of us to try and put any sort of hard time limit for a new champ, given there are so many broken ones that need to be updated first. i think its more plausible to just worry about what kind of champ will be next.

i hope it will be a support champ as they hinted at before christmas saying they had one scheduled for before christmas but that could have changed also. which is fine too, because i really want those reworks done. i would love to see more season 1 champs become viable again. much more so then seeing a single new unbalanced champ poking into the lineup.
    I'm waiting for the Sion rework myself and at some point they said they had 2 Champs planned before the next Support, which ended up being Jinx and Yasuo, so unless they changed their minds the next should be Support. They revealed they had another Support Champ planned, but nothing about what would come after, so I personally hope they bring out the next Champ before focussing on full reworks.

Xerath and Skarner kit reworks are already on the PBE by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Vel'koz was tagged as Mage / Support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I think Vel'koz was tagged as Mage / Support.
    If you click the link in my OP and look at his abilities there's not much support in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three of his abilities have CC attached. Granted, no hard CC on 2 of them, but 80% slow and a knock up+displace are plenty for a support.

Deleted
    Three of his abilities have CC attached. Granted, no hard CC on 2 of them, but 80% slow and a knock up+displace are plenty for a support.
    Fair enough, 80% slow (decays over 1.25 sec though) and a knock-up do work, but I was hoping for a more direct support like Nami or Leona

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Xerath and Skarner kit reworks are already on the PBE by the way.
    yah i heard about them, but they are not season one champs. Sion is definitely a champ i cant wait to see what they've done with. much like Heimer was, Sion is one champ i think is way out of place. Heimer works so much better now, and is useful even without his turrets. i am more excited to see these reworks (and omg, they need to redraw the Nidalee artworks) before seeing another new champ.

None of the utility seems to scale off AP, at least from the looks of those screenshots, which makes it seem to me like the damage itself is the focus, and it has a weird +500% damage modifier to minions on its R, which doesn't make a lot of sense for a support. A non-tanky character, without mobility, or sustain, sounds a lot more like a midlaner than a support to me.

I guess annie is a midlaner too, and she's still a great support, but I was kinda hoping for a more support-focused support, over another strong damage-dealer, who's not just for killing people early-game, and then has some utility thrown in to make them not useless late-game.

So I hope it's not one of the announced supports.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    thresh has no scaling utility either, only damage, yet he's entirely focused on utility
    noone really knows until it's released
    Thresh has an immobilize/pull, shield/friendly displace, enemy displace and a slow. I've seen Thresh with AD items and Trinity Force completely rip people apart.

I'd love to support with purple beams D:

Quote Originally Posted by Vodkatwist View Post
    I'd love to support with purple beams D:

I think Vel'koz is going to be more of a mid lane roaming assassin than anything else, something about him screams Leblanc rip off. There are some midlanes that do roam a bit and can destroy people, but other than just recently with Leblanc haven't been seeing many, although Shiphtur keeps trying to play katarina, so I think Vel'koz is going to be another person to do it. The only issue I see with him is that he doesn't seem to have a great getaway tool as well as his ultimate makes him stand completely still for full effect, which unless a gimick team most people wont use in higher ranks.

Could always be Ao Shin next, he was mage/sup

*crickets*
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    Could always be Ao Shin next, he was mage/sup

*crickets*
    According to the Wiki Ao Shin has been shelved and possibly pushed to late 2014/2015, because they had difficulties with him.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwiki
    Ao Shin is an upcoming champion in League of Legends. [1] At the time of Ao Shin's reveal, it was known that at least two champions (now known to be Jinx and Yasuo) were scheduled to be released before him. [2] Due to production difficulties, Ao Shin has been delayed and may not be released until 2015. [3]
    http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ao_Shin

At the risk of sounding cliché but I want another sexy foxy lady champ a la Katarina / MF / Ahri ( obviously not foxy in the sense of Ahri , it's an expression )

Don't think I can even remember the last release of a champ like that since I started playing, we either had blob monsters, male chars or overdressed / weird females like Quinn , Syndra / Lissandra / Elise in late 2012 / all of 2013.

Not gonna say Vi / Quinn / Lissandra / Syndra / Elise are bad in that regard but they aren't quite Ahri / Katarina / MF level ( though some of them are pepped up in skins like Officer Cait / Vi )

I know a lot of people here will disagree but you can't deny that female champs after Ahri missed the appeal ( well Vi has it cause she's badass and maybe syndra

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with Vi? She's my favourite LoL Lady... both to play and to... well you know

Also do you think they pushed Ao Shin back because of Ao Kuang from Smite?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Hope support aswell

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    At the risk of sounding cliché but I want another sexy foxy lady champ a la Katarina / MF / Ahri ( obviously not foxy in the sense of Ahri , it's an expression )

Don't think I can even remember the last release of a champ like that since I started playing, we either had blob monsters, male chars or overdressed / weird females like Quinn , Syndra / Lissandra / Elise in late 2012 / all of 2013.

Not gonna say Vi / Quinn / Lissandra / Syndra / Elise are bad in that regard but they aren't quite Ahri / Katarina / MF level ( though some of them are pepped up in skins like Officer Cait / Vi )

I know a lot of people here will disagree but you can't deny that female champs after Ahri missed the appeal ( well Vi has it cause she's badass and maybe syndra
    I find it semi-disturbing that you are judging recent champions on their appearance rather than how they play. Personally, I couldn't give a fuck what they look like as long as they are fun to play.

Also, Syndra is hot as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post

Yes you are right , I'm totally a creeper for requesting more sexy female champs in a game that oversexualizes the female champs instead of wanting more blob things and one eyed void monsters....

You can't be a creeper if the developer makes it billboard sized obvious that they oversexualize most of the female champs themselves , nice try though.

1/10 for lame ass meme copypasta.