Duel specing Holy/Disc

Hey guys, wondering what would be best if I wanted to duel spec Holy/Disc. As what stat priority would be best for me. I like Holy the most but Disc is better on most fights. So if I still do the 4721 (or w/e it is) breakpoint then stack mastery as holy, would that still be good for disc. I know disc wants crit but crit sucks for holy (as far as I know). Would disc still be able to put up solid numbers?

Keep in mind I'd like to stay holy for as many fights as I can and only go disc if I suck at it. With that kind of stat priority would I still do solid as disc or would it be worse than holy because of the lack of crit?

Sorry for the very wordy question.

Crit is a superior stat than mastery even for holy especially if you have amplification trinket so the choice if you wanna dual spec is easy. Don't listen to baddies that keep believing that crit is bad, if anything mastery is bad nowadays cause the healing it provides is too slow and extremely prone to overhealing.
    Last edited by Isheria; 2014-01-26 at 11:06 PM.

Alright sweet. Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure at first about what you said then I saw your guild and kills and stuff and.....well yeah I'll go with what you say lol.

Thanks again.

I also run both specs with my crit disc set. But I think your only issue would be the amount of spirit on your gear for holy.

I run with 10k spirit for Disc but I find that to be too little when I go holy. I switch in some alternate pieces in where I am not re-forging spirit into crit (if you are anyway, if not then you might be good)
    Teegers - Disc/Holy Priest - Summit - 14/14H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Teegers/simple
    http://www.twitch.tv/teegsx

Quote Originally Posted by Teegs View Post
    I also run both specs with my crit disc set. But I think your only issue would be the amount of spirit on your gear for holy.

I run with 10k spirit for Disc but I find that to be too little when I go holy. I switch in some alternate pieces in where I am not re-forging spirit into crit (if you are anyway, if not then you might be good)
    This guy has nailed it.

That being said try to make 1 of the two healing specs your "main" healing spec. These days disc will outperform holy by a significant margin on most encounters. I had the same issue as you for a long time, and eventually said it was not worth making 2 sub-optimal sets instead of making 1 very strong one.

If you decide to go disc most of the time, you can drop your spirit to less than 8000, which makes your throughput that much stronger (but make sure you are comfortable with managing things like rapture, PW: Solace, situational priorities, etc)