Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    First of all, keep my Tyrael's charger away from the store. It's not always a bad thing to keep stuff exclusive. I signed up for an entire year and was faithful to the game. Too bad for the people living in the wrong country OR that didn't wanna be faithful...

Secondly, are they REALLY bragging about this game supporting 8 year old hardware whilst people are having performance issues on new high end setups??? That is just bad. Cater to players caring enough to upgrade their systems once in a while I say...

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    But you do sound exactly like an elitist snob. I suspect you are the one in LFR wanting to kick anyone doing less than 100K dps who is there to gear up because you already geared up and forgot what it was like to be the lowbie. Surely you weren't the one wanting to kick my discipline priest for only doing 65K dps while I was healing? Blizzard is a business and doesn't want to alienate any customers by becoming a niche game for elitist snobs like you.
    Are you kidding me?

So now having some form of expectation rather than almost none is elitism? If you refuse to update your system, despite being ancient, then either you can't afford to be gaming OR you're not being very smart with managing your finances. Again, you don't have to buy a better PC over night. It can be done over the course of a year or years. Many people playing WoW have had such time to consider and save for such a day.

Again, if none of you want to put aside money for it and make that happen, then you SHOULD be left behind.

Comparatively? That'd be me expecting you to at least do half the DPS of your teammates rather than standing there with your finger up your nose. You've got it all wrong sister.

Khaz Modan and Azjol-Nerub

Yayyyy!!!! We need all the Horde we can get! ...Even if they come with a lot of Alliance baggage...

Deleted
    Show us the human males next! Maybe trolls...

Deleted
    But you do sound exactly like an elitist snob. I suspect you are the one in LFR wanting to kick anyone doing less than 100K dps who is there to gear up because you already geared up and forgot what it was like to be the lowbie. Surely you weren't the one wanting to kick my discipline priest for only doing 65K dps while I was healing? Blizzard is a business and doesn't want to alienate any customers by becoming a niche game for elitist snobs like you.
    I don't think he sounds like an elitist snob. My pc is 4 years old, and it wasn't even high-end back then; yet it can play WoW at a quite satisfying level of graphics without a single problem. The 10-year-old PC at my parents' house, on the other hand (that was low-end even then), can play WoW at the absolute lowest graphics settings.

Are you saying that someone who can't bother to buy a couple of upgrades every few years can still claim as much right to play the game as anyone? Especially a game that's supposedly always evolving to stay fresh? Would you demand the same from games like Skyrim? If my PC was a Pentium II I bought in 1998, should I have also demanded from Blizzard to have a super-ultra-low graphics version of the game just for me?

I understand that Blizzard doesn't want to alienate people with low-end systems, and I agree with that stance. But there needs to be a threshold on what is acceptable as low-end and what is definitively obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Are you kidding me?

So now having some form of expectation rather than almost none is elitism? If you refuse to update your system, despite being ancient, then either you can't afford to be gaming OR you're not being very smart with managing your finances. Again, you don't have to buy a better PC over night. It can be done over the course of a year or years. Many people playing WoW have had such time to consider and save for such a day.

Again, if none of you want to put aside money for it and make that happen, then you SHOULD be left behind.

Comparatively? That'd be me expecting you to at least do half the DPS of your teammates rather than standing there with your finger up your nose. You've got it all wrong sister.
    What do you think the lower end should be? Where does Blizzard draw the line?
    Last edited by Laylriana; 2014-01-27 at 06:12 AM.

Barking up the wrong tree here fella. My discipline priest is a healer who does dps as a sideline. Both my priest and my main hunter have the legendary cloak. The priest is tops in heals and the hunter is tops in dps. And I have an up to date computer. However, I do have more patience with my fellow players of WOW. The point is that your expectations are not "having some form of expectation" but expecting everyone to play up to what you think your abilities are. And no, no one need be left behind just to please your inflated opinion of yourself.
    What are you talking about? I seriously got lost in all that babbling and I'm not trying to be cheeky or cute here. Again, all I expect out of anyone is some kind of effort. That was my whole point.

That includes trying to update their rig from time to time so that Blizzard doesn't stick with models that looked like crap even for when they were first released almost a damn decade out of fear of alienating a chunk of their player-base. My argument, again, is you don't need a powerhouse machine to do this and you don't need to have great income either.

Just a little money here and there, save up, buy smart. There is a lot of folks out there that'll even help with the build. If people cannot manage that, they do NOT belong in gaming. It's really as simple as that. You cannot, and should not, indefinitely cater to individuals that clearly have no interest in trying to stay somewhat relevant with the times. That's unfair to everyone else.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2014-01-27 at 06:18 AM.

Waifish? Gees. Looks like she hit the gym, lost 20 pounds of baby fat and then gained 15 pounds of sexy lean muscle.

Question is - the Human male model - Do we want him lean and athletic, or More Muscular and a little more defined? The animation will sell either look really....

Deleted
    What do you think the lower end should be? Where does Blizzard draw the line?
    Basically if you're not running double Titans, six cores and 32GB RAM at the very least, you should not be able to play the game or even attempt to do so. You'd only be slowing the higher ups. By the way, you also shouldn't be able to connect with less than 20/20 Mbps D/U @ 20ms ping max. You'd just be hindering others in LFRs and BGs etc.

People seriously need to learn to stop complaining about the models and their looks. Male Draenei walk around with Shoulder Armor the size of their torso, ON EACH SHOULDER. That isn't possible! Stop complaining about boob size or waist size in a game like WoW. Do the complainers just ignore the fact their Shoulder Armor clips thru their character's head or even worse, into their torso when their characters cast spells/attack/emote?

If someone can run MoP areas with Pandaren everywhere on their older PC, wouldn't they be able to handle the new race models?

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    If someone can run MoP areas with Pandaren everywhere on their older PC, wouldn't they be able to handle the new race models?
    Not necessarily. You didn't have hundreds of pandas doing world raids did you? With the updates 90% of the models will be up to that detail and quality.

I don't think it's going to be as bad as people think and if it is... again, you need to just upgrade, you've fallen way too behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    Basically if you're not running double Titans, six cores and 32GB RAM at the very least, you should not be able to play the game or even attempt to do so. You'd only be slowing the higher ups. By the way, you also shouldn't be able to connect with less than 20/20 Mbps D/U @ 20ms ping max. You'd just be hindering others in LFRs and BGs etc.

Yeah because that's totally what we're thinking when we say that you need to upgrade.

Y'know, as if there is no in between hardware from the utter-crap to the several-thousand dollar ridiculousness you're speaking of.

Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    Hmmmm. It would be interesting to find out how many of the player base would be cut out with those minimums. Especially with your recommended minimum of 20/20Mbps D/U @ 20ms ping since most of us are at the mercy of our IPs in that regard.

My wifes PC was struggling in raids, the core parts was from 2006! With a slightly upgraded $80 gfx card some years ago. Bought a new one this year at around $900 and its doing 60-100 fps on high/ultra in stormwind =) Thats $122 per year, pretty cheap if you ask me! (And she can do word processing too!)

Not necessarily. You didn't have hundreds of pandas doing world raids did you? With the updates 90% of the models will be up to that detail and quality.

I don't think it's going to be as bad as people think and if it is... again, you need to just upgrade, you've fallen way too behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because that's totally what we're thinking when we say that you need to upgrade.

Y'know, as if there is no in between hardware from the utter-crap to the several-thousand dollar ridiculousness you're speaking of.
    People can get tablets these days that will run WoW at 60+ fps, I recently got the Surface Pro for like $600 and it runs WoW perfectly. Only time it takes a dip in frames is in raids; comparable laptops would probably cost the same or less depending. Intel HD 4000+ graphics can handle WoW pretty damn well if the CPU is good.

Perhaps that's why people get so defensive when told they oughta upgrade, they assume you mean a $2k rig...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    My wifes PC was struggling in raids, the core parts was from 2006! With a slightly upgraded $80 gfx card some years ago. Bought a new one this year at around $900 and its doing 60-100 fps on high/ultra in stormwind =) Thats $122 per year, pretty cheap if you ask me! (And she can do word processing too!)
    Damn you purchased a hardcore video card.

A 580GTX or even something of the 600 series would do you great for WoW.

I'm about to upgrade to the 780 Ti (700-800 USD) to replace my 680. However, not really for WoW but rather Wildstar and The Division when it comes out. I play at 1080p though and freak out any time my frames drop below 60fps, even during PvP and raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    People can get tablets these days that will run WoW at 60+ fps, I recently got the Surface Pro for like $600 and it runs WoW perfectly. Only time it takes a dip in frames is in raids; comparable laptops would probably cost the same or less depending. Intel HD 4000+ graphics can handle WoW pretty damn well if the CPU is good.

Perhaps that's why people get so defensive when told they oughta upgrade, they assume you mean a $2k rig...
    With shadows off and weak to no AA, it takes very little to run WoW great. Hell, most of these people aren't even running on a 1080p capable monitor so that makes it all the more easier!

That's why there is no excuse not to upgrade. With tax returns for US citizens, now is a good time to do so if WoW is really your game.

Just a little money here and there, save up, buy smart. There is a lot of folks out there that'll even help with the build. If people cannot manage that, they do NOT belong in gaming. It's really as simple as that. You cannot, and should not, indefinitely cater to individuals that clearly have no interest in trying to stay somewhat relevant with the times. That's unfair to everyone else.
    Let's talk about a theoretical person named Bob. Bob works a crappy 9-to-5 job to support his family; at least, it's supposed to be 9-to-5, but he ends up having to put in a lot of unpaid overtime to make deadlines. Between rent, utility bills, food, school expenses for his two kids, he doesn't have much money at all for entertainment. He could save up for a few months and buy a new PC game, but all the games released today have requirements far beyond the PC he still has from college. Console games would require investing in, well, a console. But his old rig still runs WoW, and $15 a month? That he can manage. It's actually a lot of entertainment for his money, with new raids coming out periodically, PvPing, questing, all sorts of things to do. It's just a great way to unwind after a grueling day at the office.

But then one day, Mike Morhaime suddenly gets hit by a bus, and a man named Kelliak learns that he was somehow related to the dearly departed Mr. Morhaime, and he has inherited a controlling interest in Blizzard Entertainment. Kelliak wastes no time installing himself at the top of Blizzard's command structure, and he has a new direction for WoW, a brighter, more ELITE future for the game. Graphics artists are hired by the truckload to produce the new, high-resolution graphics that'll cover every inch of the game world, and soon, WoW is indistinguishable from any game produced in the year 2014.

Of course, sacrifices have to be made, and unfortunately, the new WoW just won't run on Bob's old computer. Separated from both his source entertainment and the social groups WoW let him interact with, Bob seeks out a new thrill to spend his meager entertainment budget on, and he finds it in cheap beer. Bob soon becomes a drunkard. He loses his job. His family leaves him.

But hey! At least WoW is pretty again, right?

Wink

Damn you purchased a hardcore video card.
    Lol... the ENTIRE PC was $900

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    Lol... the ENTIRE PC was $900
    Lmao, well then, well done.

Deleted
    I want to see night elves! *Argh* But it's looking good though- can't wait!