Deleted

Best healerfor battlegrounds?

What is the best healer class/spec for battlegrounds currently?
    I'm looking for a good healer spec to play some battlegrounds with for fun, i don't really care about the class
    Im not really interested in their performance in arena, it's just supposed to be an alt which i play once in a while when i want to do some pvp or when im bored.

Any help deciding what class to play would be much appreciated
    Last edited by mmoc38ce0042d5; 2014-01-27 at 12:24 AM.

Probably monk or druid, mobility is king in bgs.

For Randoms? None. You'll essentially be playing solo while having many complain that you're not healing them, despite the fact they're just going mongo on someone completely irrelevant to the outcome of the game while you're being trained by 2+ DPS and a supporting healer. On a somewhat more serious point, not a Priest. You can't peel yourself effectively and unless you're Disc you don't really have an "OH SHIT" button to use that people don't just laugh at and completely ignore.

i love my druid and pally healing in battlegrounds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mistweaver. You have great healing, good dispelling, great survivability and good ccs.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

mistweaver/druid, you can kite any caster forever, druid is basically immune to roots/slows, and mistweaver doesn't need to cast to heal, just run around healing sphere, any stuns/silence = lol 2.5 seconds bubble time.

Mistweaver for sure.

Mistweaver or Paladin for battlegrounds.

As a druid/priest/shaman you'll literally flop over in two globals if more than one person looks at you without peels.

Don't play a healer if you're solo-queuing. You will be alone, won't ever get peels, and will be complained at relatively frequently as well. If you're dead-set on solo-queuing as a healer for BGs, though, Paladin or Mistweaver is probably the best bet. Like the guy above said.

Deleted
    Mistweaver has perhaps the strongest defenses when being tunneled by multiple classes with a zerg mentality in that its stun immunity and roll become more effective the more people are on you, for self peeling it's probably the best. Most healers can handle a couple dps without peels if they play right, unless it's two Warriors and you're a priest, which isn't uncommon. A couple of high damage dps and something with control like a rogue/mage combined will drop you like a sack even with CDs, you have to either be a Paladin for bubble or a Mistweaver for the immunity after the stun to survive them. That said, Mistweavers drawback in BGs is that it has less to handle incoming damage on multiple players due to the set up time of its AoE heals.

For BGs exclusively I recommend trying a resto druid with stam in your blue sockets with a stam freedom trinket, spirit is overrated for BGs in that you get to drink pretty much whenever you want. I run with treants and cenarion ward over the more common tree form for a couple reasons. Throw out your trees early and you have enough to get you through some stuns/silences out of bear, cenarion ward is mostly for versatility in that you have a big heal that can be targeted on yourself or someone else when you're stunned. The reason I dislike tree form is that A) Every dps and their mum knows to just zerg the druid once tree form ends and B) it's an obvious target that will attract every dps around you. With your enormous health pool in bear, most people take one look and just go for an easier target.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Don't play a healer if you're solo-queuing. You will be alone, won't ever get peels, and will be complained at relatively frequently as well. If you're dead-set on solo-queuing as a healer for BGs, though, Paladin or Mistweaver is probably the best bet. Like the guy above said.
    i never have that problem. i simple /w the best geared guy and ask if he needs a pocket healer. most will say yes. and i tell them its a deal if they defend me. most of the time it works like a charm

Deleted
    I beg to disagree with you Felfury, MW is by far the best healer for bg/rbg right now. It nearly impossible to kill a skilled&geared mw monk even with the mage / rogue on you as you mentioned. There are simply to many ways to kite plus instant healing which doesn't require casting. Furthermore MW has one of the highest burs healing and can heal multiple targets with sphere, great dispels and utility - ROP. On the other hand rest druids need to have all hots rolling on a target to keep it alive and in such cases a simple switch will end up in a kill...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohyoto View Post
    I beg to disagree with you Felfury, MW is by far the best healer for bg/rbg right now. It nearly impossible to kill a skilled&geared mw monk even with the mage / rogue on you as you mentioned. There are simply to many ways to kite plus instant healing which doesn't require casting. Furthermore MW has one of the highest burs healing and can heal multiple targets with sphere, great dispels and utility - ROP. On the other hand rest druids need to have all hots rolling on a target to keep it alive and in such cases a simple switch will end up in a kill...
    Sure, too bad 99% of mw are complete garbage that do nothing but cast soothing mist

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Sure, too bad 99% of mw are complete garbage that do nothing but cast soothing mist
    Soothing mist is fine, it is chi surge what is garbage. You just have to use Soothing mist when need.

Also paladins are east to kill, after you get there bubble they fall over so easily.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

As a holy priest I usually dont die in random bgs till I oom or I have 5 or 6 people on me with some well timed silent, stuns, cc. I dont know if holy is the best, but I think its pretty strong.

paladin- good instant heals and the best "oh noes button" since very rare to get bubble broken, followed by mw/druid as their mobility and utility is very good for getting yourself out trouble, since peels are extremely rare in randoms

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea how I failed to notice this thread yesterday but pick my class threads are not allowed. Closing this.