[Boomkin]] Multidotting for Single DPS

Hello everyone, I have absolutely no clue about how boomkins work in general, but I would like to ask:

On paragons, is it worth spending the extra GCDS to multidot all 3 targets in order to maximise single target dps?

And then, if you had unlimited targets, how many targets would it be worth to dot up before it would be a loss in single target DPS?

DoTing extra targets is a loss on single target DPS, as this thread on the first page will tell you. Specifically DoTing a second target is a 3% loss and a third target an 8% loss.

Deleted
    I've been doing it on Paragons for extra SS proccs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    DoTing extra targets is a loss on single target DPS, as this thread on the first page will tell you. Specifically DoTing a second target is a 3% loss and a third target an 8% loss.
    While the fact is right, I wouldn't really trust on simcraft that has quite wonky spell priorities for Moonkins.

But yeah, multidotting is not a single target DPS increase.

Multi dotting despite not being a dps increase can still be useful, lets say for whatever reason you're on Paragons and you have to run across the room for some reason, if you remain in boomy form you can dot other targets so that once you stop moving you will have a higher chance at getting SS procs and thus an easier eclipse transition once you stop moving.

Just because theres adds up that you don't need to kill doesn't mean you can't use them to your advantage.

Sometimes even with a minor amount of movement with gem/NG up popping a quick dot on another target can really aid eclipse transition and extra burst on adds for instance
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Deleted
    It may prove useful if you have to move alot, or if something spawns that needs to be nuked down ASAP, but other than that, I'm pretty sure its a DPS decrease, unless you have CA up (?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    Multi dotting despite not being a dps increase can still be useful, lets say for whatever reason you're on Paragons and you have to run across the room for some reason, if you remain in boomy form you can dot other targets so that once you stop moving you will have a higher chance at getting SS procs and thus an easier eclipse transition once you stop moving.

Just because theres adds up that you don't need to kill doesn't mean you can't use them to your advantage.

Sometimes even with a minor amount of movement with gem/NG up popping a quick dot on another target can really aid eclipse transition and extra burst on adds for instance
    This guy is telling the truth. Either dot them up for extra SS procs while moving, or help healers out by throwing rejuvs around while moving. Whatever the raid needs at that time. People always worry about the simmed benefit, but look at the real benefit. Think as a raider, not a bot.