Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Plague has returned!

It seems the Rakghoul plague has returned to SWTOR.

As always Dulfy has a great guide here: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/21/swtor-th...e-event-guide/

Its another chance to get the Green-black crystal if you missed it from the first Rakghoul event.

It's a daily quest hub area with plenty of achievements to try and get. The content is not to bad overall with an interesting raid boss at the end.

A decent time filler and very good for those that want that colored crystal and a few other interesting reputation items.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't do much yesterday, but I was hoping to do enough to unlock the legacy title for newcomer "First Responder", I find it rather neat for when my shadow tank hits max level and gets geared up.

i gotta say BW did good with this event. Did all the dailies today and it was fun. Gotta wait til tomorrow to get outsider and do rest of the events. Its set up just like gree, good to see the plague move to a new planet. Im really hoping that we get to see the mastermind behind it all in a final Op showdown or a HM Fp

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    i gotta say BW did good with this event. Did all the dailies today and it was fun. Gotta wait til tomorrow to get outsider and do rest of the events. Its set up just like gree, good to see the plague move to a new planet. Im really hoping that we get to see the mastermind behind it all in a final Op showdown or a HM Fp
    My understanding is that the Rakghoul is another reoccurring event. Not sure if it will last 1 or 2 weeks but there is mention of this popping up on Tatooine and Corellia as well but not this time around. So we you may see it on the other planets.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, OK, this explains a few things.

I was peacefully browsing the GTN on the fleet last night, and I started noticing an annoying coughing/choking noise. It took me a while to realise that it was me! I waited for the debuff to expire, but instead it turned into a "Stage 2" debuff, and now I'm choking even more regularly. It took me three times longer to walk back to my hangar, since I kept stopping .. how the hell do I get cured of this?

I'm only a level 23 Jedi Guardian, so not sure if I can participate usefully in this event?

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    Hmmm, OK, this explains a few things.

I was peacefully browsing the GTN on the fleet last night, and I started noticing an annoying coughing/choking noise. It took me a while to realise that it was me! I waited for the debuff to expire, but instead it turned into a "Stage 2" debuff, and now I'm choking even more regularly. It took me three times longer to walk back to my hangar, since I kept stopping .. how the hell do I get cured of this?

I'm only a level 23 Jedi Guardian, so not sure if I can participate usefully in this event?
    you will need to buy the Rakghoul antidote otherwise in about 1 hr you blow up. You can /stuck as well though not sure if this will remove the debuff. If you do not want to be apart of this I recommend avoiding fleet for a while

You can buy an antidote from every medical droid regardless of level.

For the event missions, I think you need to be at least level 25.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    OK, thanks for the tip about the antidote.

I've looked closer at Dulfy's guide, linked in the OP, and it mentions that low level players will be "bolstered" in the event. Hopefully that means I can give it a shot?

The rewards that are listed for some of the quests are especially attractive : 8730 credits!! It normally takes me a whole planet worth of quests to earn that much. So even if I can do just one or two, it seems it'll be worth my while. I shall investigate further tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Its another chance to get the Green-black crystal if you missed it from the first Rakghoul event.
    A question about that: I only have one character above 25, and it's a Zabrak Assassin who's happy with his red/black saber crystal.

Green-black does look cool though, I'd like to get one while the event's going to have it. I read somewhere that you can use Bind on Legacy weapons to mail them to alts on your legacy, but I can't really figure out if that's still possible for someone starting recently. Anyone know?

I think I still have alts that have the plague from last event.

Deleted
    The only downside is that they based the event in Alderaan, which is a laggy planet (probably the worst case) as it is. When the event started, right before the recent maintenance, Alderaan went from bad to absolute chaos. What was before a long loading screen and a mildly stuttering feel (an annoying place to do my GSI dailies) was after completely unplayable.

I did manage to go to the planet early in the next morning, before a lot of people got on and got the dailies done but basing the event in Alderaan really killed my desire to participate in it, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rewards that are listed for some of the quests are especially attractive : 8730 credits!! It normally takes me a whole planet worth of quests to earn that much. So even if I can do just one or two, it seems it'll be worth my while. I shall investigate further tonight.
    Is that 8730 credits for everyone, or just the 55s? That's the reward amount for the CZ dailies at 55.

first one was much better in my opinion.
    this one just feels like a timed daily area.
    the first one had surprises, a story, more quests and story after each day
    I'm disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    A question about that: I only have one character above 25, and it's a Zabrak Assassin who's happy with his red/black saber crystal.

Green-black does look cool though, I'd like to get one while the event's going to have it. I read somewhere that you can use Bind on Legacy weapons to mail them to alts on your legacy, but I can't really figure out if that's still possible for someone starting recently. Anyone know?
    I do think the minimum level is 25 so you should be able to do it.

The any crystal can be mail in a Bind to legacy that has a crystal slot. So, a bind to legacy weapon (hilt or any gun) would allow you to transfer the crystals to any toon you wanted.

I transfer bound armors, mods, enhancements, barrels, hilts and crystals to alts all the time from my main. As far as I can remember, the only things you cant move are off hand items like knife, shotguns and OH generators. There just isn't any Legacy gear for those items in game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    first one was much better in my opinion.
    this one just feels like a timed daily area.
    the first one had surprises, a story, more quests and story after each day
    I'm disappointed
    I wasn't around for the first event, but...this. It's a daily area with a couple of cutscenes and irritating people doing their best to explode on the fleet/around other people. Not really impressed by it.

I missed the first event as well, which had great armour (Containment). Now though, it seems we should have these rather highly neon coloured pink or green... things that remind rather much about Gree armour. Makes me a bit sad. On another note, there are fancy pets and mounts.

For me, it's mostly a nuisance. The rewards aren't really worth the trouble (save the crystal), and a vaccination costs 2K credits. Especially that annoys the living shits out of me. Why make it cost credits? Seriously; even if you just want to play the normal game, you have to get the vaccine for 2K credits. Bloody hell; make it 2 credits.

I know 2K isn't much, but it's something I'm pretty much forced to pay anyway, regardless of whether I want to participate in the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    For me, it's mostly a nuisance. The rewards aren't really worth the trouble (save the crystal), and a vaccination costs 2K credits. Especially that annoys the living shits out of me. Why make it cost credits? Seriously; even if you just want to play the normal game, you have to get the vaccine for 2K credits. Bloody hell; make it 2 credits.

I know 2K isn't much, but it's something I'm pretty much forced to pay anyway, regardless of whether I want to participate in the events.
    You're right it should be free but unlike WOW at least there is the option to opt out of this event entirely should you want to and for what is a very small price to pay.

Even with the price, it's a godo thing to just have the option to skip the event entirely if you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    crystal might be nice but i really cant be bothered to do dailies

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Is that 8730 credits for everyone, or just the 55s? That's the reward amount for the CZ dailies at 55.
    You're right - that must be the reward for level 55s only.

I went into the tunnels last night (there are speeders that take you there, for any other lowbies thinking about it, you don't need to battle your way across all of Alderaan), and managed to complete the basic missions in thirty minutes or so. I was only defeated a couple of times, once when I accidentally got myself tangled up with a high level player's ghouls, and once when I strayed into the [HEROIC4] area.

The rewards were approximately 1200 credits at lvl 23. Not bad.

I have questions about the THORN reputation though.

1. It seems that many of the rewards also have a rep requirement. Is the only way to earn rep, by using those "tokens" or "badges" ? (I can't remember their exact name, or even if they were mission rewards or drops). In Warcraft, you could get rep by killing monsters and also for quest hand-ins.
    2. And it seems that reputation is at the Legacy level, rather than at the character level (ala WOW) ? Is that right ?