Deleted

Subscription Timer

So there's been a lot of discussions about WoWs sub fee and if they should change it somehow.
    Some people think they should go F2P with fees only from Expansion packs and store items.

There have been lot's of good ideas thrown around so this is another one of those.

What if they removed the 60 day and 90 day subs and kept the 30 day, but the 30 day sub would work the following:

The time remaining on the 30 day sub would only count down if you are online.

There has been another MMO that had this, AION I think (?).
    WoW would still have a sub fee and Blizzard would still get the fat dough.

What do you think?

Deleted
    but they would loose a huge amount of income.
    Think about it, 30 days play time is a hell of a lot longer than 30 calendar days.

Less Money = Less development.

They won't do it, because it will lose them money (provided sub cost will stay the same).

There's really no need for this. $15 a month is already nothing, it would hurt Blizzard more than it would help consumers. Completely not necessary.

It would be annoying because I then would have to log out instead of being semi afk all day long :P

Not sure why on earth they would do a thing like that tho, would be great from a player point of view as you save days/money. But you either pay or you don't pay to play a game. Think that (just as F2P) would just open up for pay to win and I can't stand playing that type of game. So in my opinion keep it as it is and people who want to spend extra on cosmetics or leveling then that's their choice.

Deleted
    You guys are not wrong ^^

As said, just an idea (which turned out to be a bag of shiet)

I'll go hide now --->

10+ Year Old Account
    From a consumer standpoint i would love it.

From a company standpoint i would hate it.

If they were to do something like this, I don't personally want it but if they were.
    If you log onto the game 1 day then you use 1 day regardless if you are online 1min or 23hours and 59min.

but. I like the system it has right now.
    I even like the sytem they have where there is microtransaction. Not htat i will use it but those who want it is awesome for them.

The only system I would like to be implementet is the one they use in eve online that you can buy gametime for ingame money.
    basicly people can buy gametime items from homepage and sell ingame and people ingame can buy these items and redeem for gametime.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-01-27 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    but they would loose a huge amount of income.
    Think about it, 30 days play time is a hell of a lot longer than 30 calendar days.

Less Money = Less development.
    We're not getting a whole lot of development anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    We're not getting a whole lot of development anyway.
    excuse me ?

Whole new expansion, previous expansions, and Content patches, Merged realms, cross realms technology, new game (Hearthstone) new models, new in game ticket system, and what ever else they have developed behind the scenes in regards to server technology, Back end interfaces for the support staff etc.

Development does not just mean what you see in game, and it's all got to be paid for.

As much as i'd love that and it's save me some $$. No blizzard would lose a lot of cash so they won't do it.

Honestly they don't need to change from a sub model. $15/mo isn't bad. You're getting a whole month of entertainment for $15. If blizzard started to lock you out of certain parts of the game and still charged $15/mo then there would be a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    So there's been a lot of discussions about WoWs sub fee and if they should change it somehow.
    Some people think they should go F2P with fees only from Expansion packs and store items.

There have been lot's of good ideas thrown around so this is another one of those.

What if they removed the 60 day and 90 day subs and kept the 30 day, but the 30 day sub would work the following:

The time remaining on the 30 day sub would only count down if you are online.

What do you think?
    Bad idea I think. People will only login when required. And when they have to wait for other people who are late or wasted their evening, then it will cause more drama since it will be wasted money. People will also be checking their timer all the time. Speed will be everything.

I am not sure how fun that would be fun.

People already complain about long queues... Could you imagine if DPS had to leave the game running for 40 minutes to find a queue?

I can see the forum threads now.
    Healers and tanks save money because the don't have to long queue. We are paying to DPS. Blah blah blah.

no thank you :/