Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Simple changes you would like to see in WoD

What are some simple changes/fixes you would like to see in WoD? These might be issues that are programatically difficult to change, but at least on the surface seem rather basic. Please don't respond with stuff like "hunters and rogues need to be completely overhauled".

Two of mine:
    More raid beacons
    Night time actually being more dark

Darker nights! I would love to have darker nights and our gear/enchants lights it up some what. Also I wish things that were broken/being constructed were repaired 2,3 and even 5 years later...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    New minor glyphs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Idk if you'd consider it simple, but one of my (and I know this would be controversial) personal changes I'd like to see is stop letting players make bad decisions in regards to gearing.

For example, don't let Blood and Unholy DKs Dual wield. Have the armor specialization be far more obvious. There are just too many hidden aspects to WoW that was acceptable back in 2004, but isn't now. I think better in game guides would do casual players a world of good.

Deleted
    100% drop rates on kill/collect quests. I just resubbed a couple of days ago and was very surprised indeed to find that they still haven't fixed this in Pandaria. I thought they'd accepted it was a bad idea back in Wrath?

I have a lot of changes I'd suggest but that's about the simplest one.

Darker nights. (PLEASE)

Some more challenging content for me to do personally or with a small group of friends.

Quivers (I know they said they are going to add them, but I reallllly want them.)

Uh... better quest content? *shrugs* That's about it for now.

Deleted
    city guards removed/made weaker/respawn less often

Darker nights and more weather effects.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

It won't happen, but I'd love to be able to queue for a dungeon, LFR, etc. on one character and be able to play another character until the queue pops.

I'd like to see some changes for the better.

Ex: Would be cool to have a third profession. Or, would be nice to be able to be able to add certain professions in part: if my main could pick flowers and mines without having to give up the COOL professions, for instance, at some (possibly high) cost.

Ex: Would be nice to add something genuinely fresh, such as player operated airships.

Ex: Mounted combat.

Ex: Dragons actually are better than griffons at something.

The biggest thing to look forward to right now is 20m raiding and real ally racials. And I bet they screw up one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    Darker nights and more weather effects.
    OH YEAH, better and more weather effects fo sho.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    100% drop rates on kill/collect quests. I just resubbed a couple of days ago and was very surprised indeed to find that they still haven't fixed this in Pandaria. I thought they'd accepted it was a bad idea back in Wrath?

I have a lot of changes I'd suggest but that's about the simplest one.
    Just wait till you get to the legendary quest. And you thought Wrath was bad? Lol.

Anyways, at least in WoD they are making quest items not take up bag space.

Deleted
    there were multiple threads on the official forums on both eu and us wasn't there showing majority of the players wanted dark nights back. has there been any news/updates on that?

I would love a way to see where my Mages blink ends. Like a copy of my char, a bit transparant and some shimmery blue smoke around him, or something with a blue line on the floor (does not have to be that complex, a blue shimmery dot would be anough). and maby something simular for the classes that have "blinks" to track where theyl end up, Hunters dissengage for example.

The ability to transmogrify 2H swords/axes/maces into polearms since they went through so much effort to allow TG to work with polearms.

Deleted
    Less flying aimlessly around cities and more things to do that make the world feel alive, like invasions, giant gronn attacking cities randomly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    city guards removed/made weaker/respawn less often
    No thank you.... I play on a PvE server for a reason, I choose NOT to PvP, and a lot of others do the same. this will open the doors for the cities to be chaos and players not able to enjoy the game that do not want to PvP. It's like when I'm questing in a zone and some asshats decide to raze a town and flightmaster nonstop.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Bigger doorways. Sincerely, tauren on a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I'd like to see some changes for the better.

Ex: Would be cool to have a third profession. Or, would be nice to be able to be able to add certain professions in part: if my main could pick flowers and mines without having to give up the COOL professions, for instance, at some (possibly high) cost.
    Would love if they made it so you have 2 crafting professions and 2 gathering professions. Remove Gathering professions bonuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    Less flying aimlessly around cities and more things to do that make the world feel alive, like invasions, giant gronn attacking cities randomly.
    I saw them talking about looking into making npcs have more hobbies and stuff, instead of pacing back and forth.

Diablo 3 Transmog system
    More cosmetic minor glyphs
    Death Knight eye color changes (red for blood, green for unholy, etc.)
    Proper scaling for Draenei on smaller mounts like horses
    quivers showing for hunters