Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much never

If you don't play WoW for any competition at all you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Something wrong with it?
    I prefer having fun then stressing over things
    Yes trying to excuse slack with it is wrong. Only 14 dust, 2 essences and 12 leather are needed to get you the cheapest enchantments.

never. i have no interest in comparing achievements with anyone, nor do i care about my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    never once in my entire life

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

15+ Year Old Account
    If you use achievements/achievement points as a metric for how "pro" someone is or isn't, you're pretty much deluded. It's essentially an indication of nothing.

That said I've used the comparison a few, mostly to see what I have that people who call themselves achievement hunters haven't.

Deleted
    Only when I get outplayed in PvP, I feel better if they've got multiple Gladiator titles or something.

Usually in two situations. Either a) they're really good and I'm interested to see how much they've done in game, or b) they're terrible or annoying and I'm wondering the same thing. It's less of a comparison thing though, I sold the account I played for 6+ years and just use an alt account to mess around on now so there's a limit to the e-peening I could do at this point. =)

Deleted
    Never. Achievements are a cancer of the video gaming world and needs to be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not even know you could compare achievements
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Not anymore. I know exactly who's in front of me on achi pts

10+ Year Old Account
    I hardly ever even look at my achievement screen unless I'm actually working towards something like a mount, title or pet that requires me to get a certain achievement or series of achievements. It's just like the achievements/trophies on the Xbox 360 and PS3. If I get it, cool, if not oh well. Only time I will work towards getting achievements on the consoles is if it's really simple to get. The day will just have to come where I'm in the mood to get achievements and I hardly ever am. Although I think achievements in games are a good way to increase a game's gameplay value.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    The only time I ever check achievements is when I think people in lfr/lfd/flex are lieing to put others down. You know how it goes, "damn scrub, I've done this on heroic on my main so stfu and listen to me"

Deleted
    I'm not really achievement hunter if there isn't some tangible reward for it, so comparing because of my ego seems kinda pointless.
    But I use it quite often when I meet people from the best guilds on our realm or guilds that are dead for some time but used to be good, check their Feats of Strength just for the general idea how long do they play and how many realm firsts do they have.

Deleted
    only when low level people are begging for money. if they have less than 100 achi points ill bung em a few gold and a bag or two

I do achievements because of OCD, but i only tend to compare when people talk smack... So i can shut them up and even make them ragequit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    only when low level people are begging for money. if they have less than 100 achi points ill bung em a few gold and a bag or two
    Can't believe I never thought of that, that's an excellent idea. Thanks.

Never. I don't go out of my way to do achievements unless there's something neat involved like a title I'd like or a mount and I certainly don't care about people who have more points.

I do, however, try to complete multi-segment achievements if I'm only a handful short because I somehow earned the other prerequisites.

Let me answer it this way:

I find it deliciously ironic that the key command to bring up your acheesements is the "Y" key.

...it will hit you in a few seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never do that. I can't even imagine why it's interesting.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."