Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I cared about achievements in Wrath and early Cataclysm but stopped caring a long time ago. Too many achievement points tied to shit I don't like doing or even find fun to bother anymore.

I basically never check achievements anymore and I could careless what people have. I can see maybe checking for PvP but PvE, not so much. Awhile back we recruited this mage with only like 4-5k achievement points and he was a better player / higher DPS than our 20k achievement mage during heroic progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have over 12k achievements points but you don't have heroic garrosh or atleast 2200 rating achievements, then you're not pro, you're not even decent, you're bad. Sorry if you fall into that category, but OP makes it seem like achievements = skill... to some degree they do, but only if you got the good ones. If you have a shit ton of achievement points but you don't have any important ones like the ones I mentioned, then you're only proving that you spend countless hours doing nothing but chasing pointless achievements. I could careless if you have every achievement aside from heroic raiding or high end arena... if you don't have one of those two, your whole collection of achievements is void. The only reason people feel awesome w/ their achievement points is because blizzard purposely put countless ones in there that don't require skill at all, just a mixture of luck and grinding. If blizzard only made achievements hard, then they'd really be achievements, but because someone can kill/kiss critters for hours and collect achievement point, there's really no feat being achieved. 17000 achievement points don't mean jack unless you got the good ones.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I do it all the time, and usually people have far more achievements/feats of strength than me. Yeah, as an achievement hunter as myself, that totally sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If you have over 12k achievements points but you don't have heroic garrosh or atleast 2200 rating achievements, then you're not pro, you're not even decent, you're bad. Sorry if you fall into that category, but OP makes it seem like achievements = skill... to some degree they do, but only if you got the good ones. If you have a shit ton of achievement points but you don't have any important ones like the ones I mentioned, then you're only proving that you spend countless hours doing nothing but chasing pointless achievements. I could careless if you have every achievement aside from heroic raiding or high end arena... if you don't have one of those two, your whole collection of achievements is void. The only reason people feel awesome w/ their achievement points is because blizzard purposely put countless ones in there that don't require skill at all, just a mixture of luck and grinding. If blizzard only made achievements hard, then they'd really be achievements, but because someone can kill/kiss critters for hours and collect achievement point, there's really no feat being achieved. 17000 achievement points don't mean jack unless you got the good ones.
    opinionated rage much?

fro m the looks of it you dont even play anymore lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    Only when I see people using the Replica PvP armour to see if they actually earned it in Classic, pro skilled it to Grand Marshal in under 150 games in Cataclysm or just grabbed it while the lockout was bugged.

I'm a horribly conceited and jealous person.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2014-01-28 at 08:43 AM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah View Post
    i just want to know if i am only one here.

whenever i do lfr i just randomly /compare acheivements with random people just to see if they have more raid acheivements etc than i do. i always compare acheivements to the high dps and hps people because i just want to see how pro they really are compared to me. i do this along with inspecting gear, i ussualy do it while we wait for people to be ready for boss pulls and if you have done lfr youd know this can take forever so i have to keep myself occupied.
    The last time i remember opening the achievements tab was when i needed to check how much valor i still needed on my alts for the legendary cape quest chain. If i do compare achievements, ever, i won't look at the score, but at their feats of strength, those are usually the best way to instantly tell what type of player they are.

To be truthful, when we are just sitting around doing nothing waiting for new tanks/healers to join, i too inspect other players and depending on how many pure stamina gems i see on hunters, etc, i get more motivated to play better because if i don't, it's gonna be a long run.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2014-01-28 at 08:47 AM.

Never. I don't even care about my own achievements, much less someone else's. The only things I'd have considered caring about were high end arena achievements, but I've played with and against gladiators and arena masters that didn't impress me, so I don't see any reason to care.

Hmmmm never done it, achievments dont mean much I've killed everything in the game (except pandas), been playing since 2006 and only have 11k achies

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Snip
    You seriously need to rethink things, so much rage.

Some achievements are hard, some are very easy, no matter what they are achievements of progression of characters.

Anyway, I used to check out my mates, because its just friendly competition between me and mates.

I compare all the time... I used to be very high on achievements throughout WotLK and Cata, got abit lazy during MoP due to the overwhelming amount of stuff to do... and to get... I still compare though, slightly less... but it's interesting

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've compared achievements a few times (Sometimes my fellow fighters in battlegrounds), but I haven't really had much of a reason as of late.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

waitwaitwait.. you can /compare achievments?

its like the best thing everrr!
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once in a while, but almost always for PVP things. Like, I discredit arena all the way (I just don't find small little battles to be fun) and sometimes people in a random BG will mouth off and i'll seek them out to compare. One dude was like "Do as I say and we win, do it not and... fags" and I LOL'd and checked his cheeves... wow. Battlemaster, Khan, Arena Master, like 700K kills all that shit. Needless to say, I was his pocket healer. Lighthouse never had a chance.

I only check FoS as they tell how long someone plays and most achievements are time wasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    then i walk in with 17.1k achie points and since 2011, and i say slacker =P
    8 unenchanted items, 2 unenchanted rings as an Enchanter. So much for slacking...

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a funny fellow, aren't you....

Now tell us, what entitles you to say what is pro, what is hard, or what isn't....
    Achievements take one thing....... TIME..... Time is an asset, what a person does with their time is their thing....
    If you fancy yourself to run through Disney theme parks, aka raids, every week numerous times, that's your choice.
    If you don't get bored from hitting each other over the head every year again with very little change at all, that's your choice.
    But don't try to tell others what's valuable, what's good and what's not good.
    Chances are, that there are people who don't give a thing about either raid progression or Arena/BG progression.

OT: I don't check/compare with others. I couldn't care less really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    I only check FoS as they tell how long someone plays and most achievements are time wasters.
    Can only tells you in parts. All achievements before 2008 are impossible to say when they were achieved.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I think I've done it once since achievements were launched, just to see what it looked like. Achievements were always pointless to me, especially since they generally don't prove anything. Having the achievement for killing something doesn't say anything about whether you were carried or not, etc. So... I don't do it. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account

8 unenchanted items, 2 unenchanted rings as an Enchanter. So much for slacking...
    That's not slacking, i'm just being casual and don't feel like enchanting things when i dont do PvE and a bit of PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Can only tells you in parts. All achievements before 2008 are impossible to say when they were achieved.
    Sure but many of the later ones were only available for a short period: Anniversaries, launch events, Brewfest steins, Winterveil gifts,... While you didn't have to get them, it shows who participated or at least was present at those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That's not slacking, i'm just being casual and don't feel like enchanting things when i dont do PvE and a bit of PvP
    No, please not the casual card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure but many of the later ones were only available for a short period: Anniversaries, launch events, Brewfest steins, Winterveil gifts,... While you didn't have to get them, it shows who participated or at least was present at those times.

No, please not the casual card.
    Something wrong with it?
    I prefer having fun then stressing over things
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    I do achieves for my OCD, not for competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.