Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

This legendary is a freaking nightmare

wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

is it just me?

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?

This is what happens with welfare legendaries.

Deleted
    dinged 2days ago atm siting 9power 8wisdom o.0 prolly tomorrow will get 10/10, the rep farm is what i hate, just dpsing mobs in vale is soo boooring!

Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

is it just me?

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?
    My first thought is that you are complaining about getting a legendary item on an alt.

Having the cape isn't be-all end-all. I started this expo up just pre SoO, I got the cape on my Main, that's enough. Why do your alts _have_ to have it? You make it sound like they are unplayable without it.

Deleted
    If you don't want to do it then don't do it. If you want to do it then do it like everyone does.

Coming soon in the Blizzard shop near you...

Why are you caring about the Legendary at this point in the game?

If you want alts, level alts, It doesn't matter about the Cloak, within the next 6 months it is going to become useless and you will end up bagging it / deleting it.

Do things that are going to benefit you in the long term: Having the alts you want already leveled and geared up to level once again in the new expansion.

Welfare legendries for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chicken2die View Post
    If you don't want to do it then don't do it. If you want to do it then do it like everyone does.
    and be the weaker guy, I actually wanna change my main to raid on an alt insted but i cant, just cant cause it will completely stop our progress

There should be something for alts though. It was nice when the perks (the gem and the socket) were relevant during the content. Too bad Bliz didn't add a bonus rep thing for Black Prince rep, I agree that was the most pain in the neck part now to do. Also with the achievement system, the 3k valor should just be checked with the achievement. All other drops should stay as is.

Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    and be the weaker guy, I actually wanna change my main to raid on an alt insted but i cant, just cant cause it will completely stop our progress
    Your 'progress' depends entirely on 1 item? Yeah, that sounds realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    it a 15% boost, yes it is realistic

10+ Year Old Account
    how long did it take for people to make their staffs and daggers back in cata? just as long if i remember right?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Also dont forget that the bosses in SoO are tuned for people having the legendary, lets see a raid of 10 people with no legendary kill heroic bosses

Heals and tanks don't need that shit, basically only DPS so....roll a tank/healer? IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    how long did it take for people to make their staffs and daggers back in cata? just as long if i remember right?
    the bosses in cata could be killed with no legendary, in SoO 10 people without the legendary will have a realy hard time like my alt runs

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Those legendary cloaks / gems are no joke. They are incredibly good and do a huge amount of dps / healing / mitigation. If his guild is doing heroics, they would not realistically want his alt with no legends instead of his main with both. Especially from a dps point of view.

OT: I agree that the grind seems brutal for an alt. I had a guild member get his gem just to immediately change to priest because we needed him to. The grind is annoying to do on an alt. I still cant bring myself to start. Yet again, I seem to be doing competitive dps against other rogues wearing them. Even some that are higher ilevel then me.

In WOTLK/BC/Vanilla, getting a legendary wasn't an expansion long quest based around doing LFR week after week with artificial gating to it... Sure, they were based on luck, but that meant they weren't a requirement.

Only one person got those though. It didn't make a huge difference that not everyone was decked in it.

[Trade]: LFM SoO first boss hc rest normal. req: 555ilvl and legend cloak!!

^ so common on my realm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Coming back to the game after 2 years out I have to say that legendary gating for 3 months before I get to raid anything moderately challenging is a bummer. But to be fair I'm ok with it. Reminds me of BC.