Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

is it just me?

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?
    Gear up an alt then. You don't need to have the legendary on an alt. It's an alt. The game is already being dissected by being alt friendly, it doesn't need to hand out shit because you have it on your main.

It's not as bad as most people make out.
    I have cloaks on 4 toons, 2 i got right as 5.4 landed, the other 2 i started then and have had for about a month or so.
    I'm slowly working on #5 (at the 3k valor).
    If you do your LFR's smart its not that much effort. just playing a toon you already planned on playing...

If you want it, go for it. For me it was a decent DPS boost and I'm glad I spent the time. Didn't really look at it as a grind because I would be doing the same things anyway that give you the requirements for getting it. I'm glad I have it but the longer you wait and the closer we get to WOD, the plus of having it dwindles. If you're looking for something to do....since there's no new content, why not work toward it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the issue with this legendary cape it's so ubiquitous that if you happen to not have it you can't raid at any serious level. I mean the fact that you can get the legendary cape through LFR is comical, if I'm honest I think legendaries should only be earnable in hard mode/heroic/mythic.

It's a legendary, they've never been quick barring the old BC rare drop model. Which to give some perspective on, I continued to farm that Sunwell on my hunter long past it being current content and it took almost 3 years of weekly disappointment before that bow dropped. Saw it one of time while on an alt. So I'll take the farming model any day over the who gets lucky on a drop model.

If you want to switch mains this far into the tier, you need to either roll your sleeves up and prepare for it to suck, or just accept that you probably need to wait until WoD drops to bother switching.

And yes a cloak is pretty much mandatory at this point for progression guilds. I'm fine with that. I personally like the fact that for once I can have something cool for myself versus farming Dragonwrath in Firelands or those stupid daggers in Dragon Soul. Those are only fun for the special snowflake of that tier. At least this time everyone had the chance to get something cool. Even if it was just a cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by apollo2kappa View Post
    It is a LEGENDARY item. Wouldn't be much of a legendary if you could grab it on any alt that just hit 90 before this weeks raid time.

You also do not need the legendary to raid. Anyone who requires you to have it is needlessly restricting their own recruiting pool, and it's also an issue to take up with them, not with Blizzard.

Not having the cloak is not crippling anyones DPS. A 550 ilevel player with the cloak and a 550 without are going to do comparable numbers most of the time unless there is significant AoE, and anyone turning players away because of their slightly lowered throughput during AoE is doing it wrong.

It's staggering how quickly people are demanding to have easier, faster access to a freaking legendary on all their toons. No one is entitled to a legendary, and certainly no one is entitled to one within hours of reaching max level. This legendary is already extremely easy to get, the only barrier to getting it is time.

The alternative is extensive time and skill and effort (Ulduar, ICC, Firelands, Dragon Soul legendaries) or just blind, stupid luck (War Glaives, Thori'dal, etc.) Those legendaries are "freaking nightmares" as the original poster put it.

It's a freaking legendary.
    Sorry, but the difference is actually pretty big between people that do and don't. Cloak and meta gem is an extra 10-15 mil damage on most fights, even more on AoE. Not to mention the caster meta gem is pretty significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even bothered starting the legendary quest chain on any of my alts. I was happy enough to finish it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    My first thought is that you are complaining about getting a legendary item on an alt.

Having the cape isn't be-all end-all. I started this expo up just pre SoO, I got the cape on my Main, that's enough. Why do your alts _have_ to have it? You make it sound like they are unplayable without it.
    Not sure why the OP needs it for alts, but remember there are people doing heroic raiding on alts(last i checked tanks NEED legendary for heroic nazgrim)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

is it just me?

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    4. runes - 2 weeks

thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?
    This is why I was against it from the beginning, because there's the excuse "well EVERYONE can get it!" Yeah um, hello? Not everyone has time to live on WoW. :S

It's a cheap way to keep people subbed through content-less months and it worked so sadly they'll do it again in WoD.

Personally for me as a player it is awful design, I can't regularly clear raids every single week 12 months a year due to work so I inevitably fall behind in my guild and I'm not engaged by normal/flex but only heroic

It'd be okay if the drop lockout weren't shared across all difficulties in the old tier once the questline has moved to a new current tier so you could at least really catch up by organizing normal/hc runs of old content instead of being cockblocked after 12 or what have you bosses every week

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Sorry, but the difference is actually pretty big between people that do and don't. Cloak and meta gem is an extra 10-15 mil damage on most fights, even more on AoE. Not to mention the caster meta gem is pretty significant.
    ...wat?

Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

its not legendary if everyone have it and the raid attuned to having it! 1 person is stronger then the rest cause he got his legendary is ok, but 1 weaker cause its sppon fed is not ok.

also the post was about me not wanting to play my alts and having feeling of frustration when i level a new guy knowing that he have to go thru that again.
    basicly if i wanna raid with an alt that im starting today i wont be able to raid SoO anytime soon

its not legendary if everyone have it and the raid attuned to having it! 1 person is stronger then the rest cause he got his legendary is ok, but 1 weaker cause its sppon fed is not ok.

also the post was about me not wanting to play my alts and having feeling of frustration when i level a new guy knowing that he have to go thru that again.
    basicly if i wanna raid with an alt that im starting today i wont be able to raid SoO anytime soon
    Its not?

...its a legendary if blizzard gives it a orange name

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    It's not as bad as most people make out.
    I have cloaks on 4 toons, 2 i got right as 5.4 landed, the other 2 i started then and have had for about a month or so.
    I'm slowly working on #5 (at the 3k valor).
    If you do your LFR's smart its not that much effort. just playing a toon you already planned on playing...
    would u make a new alt now? lets say u dont have a rogue, and u feel like leveling one so u can raid it on current content dont u feel heavy weigh over u just thinking about the quest ?

Gearing again is the point of playing alts? You're not useless because you don't have a freaking legendary... on my Rogue it makes up about 5% or less of my single target DPS. Though admittedly, it's awesome for AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    This is what happens with welfare legendaries.
    This comment makes literally no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It is a LEGENDARY item. Wouldn't be much of a legendary if you could grab it on any alt that just hit 90 before this weeks raid time.

You also do not need the legendary to raid. Anyone who requires you to have it is needlessly restricting their own recruiting pool, and it's also an issue to take up with them, not with Blizzard.

Not having the cloak is not crippling anyones DPS. A 550 ilevel player with the cloak and a 550 without are going to do comparable numbers most of the time unless there is significant AoE, and anyone turning players away because of their slightly lowered throughput during AoE is doing it wrong.

It's staggering how quickly people are demanding to have easier, faster access to a freaking legendary on all their toons. No one is entitled to a legendary, and certainly no one is entitled to one within hours of reaching max level. This legendary is already extremely easy to get, the only barrier to getting it is time.

The alternative is extensive time and skill and effort (Ulduar, ICC, Firelands, Dragon Soul legendaries) or just blind, stupid luck (War Glaives, Thori'dal, etc.) Those legendaries are "freaking nightmares" as the original poster put it.

the diffrent is: u could raid without other legendary, but u cant raid without this one, our alt run that i enjoyed fell apart....if u dont belive me pick up 10 people with no legendary and go kill bosses

I have the cloak on my main and main alt; and now both of those are gearcapped for our current progression I am doing the quest on my monk as well.

To be honest, there are two things at play here.

1. It's the end of the expansion. People are going to roll alts. People want to kit them out asap.

2. It's the last patch, people come and go to get a taste of the last tier.

These two groups are actually pretty important for blizzard to spoonfeed so that they stay and keep laying the game.

That said, the most that I would like to be done is to just get rid of the VP wall. It's useless, grindy shit. I mean, at least with the sigils etc. you see your stack accumulate. With the VP it's just a chore, even the forced BG play is more fun. (I don't like random bgs at a'll, organised is more my thing)

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    It's a legendary, they've never been quick barring the old BC rare drop model. Which to give some perspective on, I continued to farm that Sunwell on my hunter long past it being current content and it took almost 3 years of weekly disappointment before that bow dropped. Saw it one of time while on an alt. So I'll take the farming model any day over the who gets lucky on a drop model.

If you want to switch mains this far into the tier, you need to either roll your sleeves up and prepare for it to suck, or just accept that you probably need to wait until WoD drops to bother switching.

And yes a cloak is pretty much mandatory at this point for progression guilds. I'm fine with that. I personally like the fact that for once I can have something cool for myself versus farming Dragonwrath in Firelands or those stupid daggers in Dragon Soul. Those are only fun for the special snowflake of that tier. At least this time everyone had the chance to get something cool. Even if it was just a cloak.
    would u start a new alt? i wouldn't and its strictly because of the legendary would u?

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure why youd think you be 10-15% 'weaker' it only account for about 6-7% of your dps or hps

While I do agree that it needs to be hard to get, I disagree that it isn't a significant impact on your performance.

The Healer LMG allows you to shed an enormous amount of spirit with some classes who can abuse the mechanic to quickly recover a lot of mana (Monks, Shaman)

The dps contribution of the cape+LMG can hit 15% for some classes.

If 90% of the WoW raiding pop has one, I'd rather take the guy with the cape than the guy on his priest alt, the only exception being the guy with the cape has 0 kills, and the guy without has a clear (on the alt.)

OT:
    legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    4. runes - 2 weeks
    There's no way in hell you're getting all 12 runes in 2 weeks.

Sigil 1-2 week(s).
    Valor 3-4 weeks. (4 if you've earned even one valor point in the week you picked the quest up, which is likely as you get VP for collecting the sigils/heart.)
    Secrets 3-4 weeks (need 20. guaranteed 2 per week, have a potential 20 bosses to collect from at maybe a 20% chance. so average 4-6 per week.)
    Runes 3-6(max) weeks (need 12, guaranteed 2 per week, have a potential 10 bosses to collect at maybe a 10% chance. average is likely 2-4/week.)

the sum of the parts is at least 3 months. you basically get a pat on the back for the first month (neither reward is really usable.) the LMG the second, and the cape comes after a lot more work.

IMO, if you want to enjoy yourself. Just run SoO wing's 1-4 LFR/Flex/Whatever, and ToT 4.

ToT drops sigils. SoO drops sigils. you'll get those out of the way nice and quick. (MSV runs are pretty fast these days, so do that, but avoid HoF because of Garalon trolls.)

You won't get the cape at an optimal rate, but frankly the 'Grindy' bit doesn't even start until after Test of Valor. You can decide then if full clearing ToT-LFR every week is worthwhile.