Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. Just saw a SusenExpress ad on this very page. You guys at MMO champ need to keep a closer watch on your ad suppliers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Wow. Glad they cleared that up AFTER i wasted about eight coin rolls trying to get just one heirloom. Thanks, Blizzard.
    Or you could have looked it up yourself, before wasting 8 rolls. lol.

cant wait for pay for 90, finally get a lock/druid and maybe rogue.. depending on cost vs lvling my lvl 68 rogue.

Imo all legendarys should work like a heirloom 1-90, since its so hard to obtain, with exception of cloak. Maybe that one unlocks after WOD launches so it can be sent to other toons.

Direct links to those legendary items:

Legendary cloak
    Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
    Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
    Warglaive of Azzinoth & Warglaive of Azzinoth
    Shadowmourne
    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    Imo all legendarys should work like a heirloom 1-90, since its so hard to obtain, with exception of cloak. Maybe that one unlocks after WOD launches so it can be sent to other toons.

Direct links to those legendary items:

Legendary cloak
    Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
    Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
    Warglaive of Azzinoth & Warglaive of Azzinoth
    Shadowmourne
    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
    thats kinda cool idea....

10+ Year Old Account
    the ptr does not seem to work for me.

That veteran bonus is really cool. Easy max level profession for anyone who can make a DK.

That DLC is pretty much the story of my life.
    Last edited by Somebody; 2014-01-28 at 07:32 AM.

If your going to introduce the ability to re color gear i hope its kept in the "theme" of the game. I remember when you could dye armor in Everquest is was kinda silly and detracted from the overall feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Wow. Glad they cleared that up AFTER i wasted about eight coin rolls trying to get just one heirloom. Thanks, Blizzard.
    Use the magic of the internets next time.

Deleted
    Does it really matter that you later can buy 90s when you have to lvl up 10 more levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nydith View Post
    Does it really matter that you later can buy 90s when you have to lvl up 10 more levels.
    No but people have to whine about something you know.
    There is no whineless period in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nydith View Post
    The main reason I think it's a bad idea is if buying your way to 90 becomes the norm in this game when you roll an alt.. what happens to the 1-90 content? What happens to 1-90 dungeon queues? Let's say 60% of people buy the boost when they start an alt, that means 60% less people are running 1-90 dungeons. What impact will this have on dungeon queues? It's already struggle to find healers and tanks for random dungeons. What will it be like when less people are running them?

I just wish they'd make it easier to level up 1-90. Allow players to buy the full heirloom set and reduce the XP required in Wrath, Cata and Mist zones. I'd much rather players have an easier journey levelling up than get a level 90 gifted to them in seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    No but people have to whine about something you know.
    There is no whineless period in wow.
    Thats true :P

I plainly don't give a shit on this whole free level 90 deal. A lot of people I know at the beginning of MoP were bitching and moaning endlessly about having to level all 9 of their alts to level 90 as well and complaining about how its too much of Blizz to ask of the player to have to do that. Yet now people are coming out of the woodwork and complaining that this is going to turn the game into pay to win and enforce catering to the casual.

None of that even matters to me, all I know is that philosophy behind the development stands in good reasoning and I'm not going to let anyone else's opinion affect this.

Leveling from 1-90 is not 70% of the game, if at all, currently, its 10% of the game, when WoD comes out, it'll be 9% of the game. If you want to see numbers, please take a look at your /played time while at level max level and compare it to your times spent at each level while leveling and tell me that, even while added up, your time spent leveling is equal to or greater than your time spent at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    The main reason I think it's a bad idea is if buying your way to 90 becomes the norm in this game when you roll an alt.. what happens to the 1-90 content? What happens to 1-90 dungeon queues? Let's say 60% of people buy the boost when they start an alt, that means 60% less people are running 1-90 dungeons. What impact will this have on dungeon queues? It's already struggle to find healers and tanks for random dungeons. What will it be like when less people are running them?

I just wish they'd make it easier to level up 1-90. Allow players to buy the full heirloom set and reduce the XP required in Wrath, Cata and Mist zones. I'd much rather players have an easier journey levelling up than get a level 90 gifted to them in seconds.
    Guess it is a good thing you are not required to run dungeons to level to 90 then huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    I plainly don't give a shit on this whole free level 90 deal. A lot of people I know at the beginning of MoP were bitching and moaning endlessly about having to level all 9 of their alts to level 90 as well and complaining about how its too much of Blizz to ask of the player to have to do that. Yet now people are coming out of the woodwork and complaining that this is going to turn the game into pay to win and enforce catering to the casual.

None of that even matters to me, all I know is that philosophy behind the development stands in good reasoning and I'm not going to let anyone else's opinion affect this.

Leveling from 1-90 is not 70% of the game, if at all, currently, its 10% of the game, when WoD comes out, it'll be 9% of the game. If you want to see numbers, please take a look at your /played time while at level max level and compare it to your times spent at each level while leveling and tell me that, even while added up, your time spent leveling is equal to or greater than your time spent at max level.
    ^^^^ Finally someone with a clue!

Deleted

You have a point. Has a been a while since i level as a dps, atm i doing recruit and always do dungeon as a healer and dps/tank and dps so i dont have problems with que times. Its annying me that people say its pay to win thou.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Wow, Blizzard sure is fast when implementing cash shop stuff ...
    Its not exactly difficult compared to designing raids.

And they can't win. People have been demanding level boosts for ages, and apparently RAF isn't good enough for a lot of people so they bot or use 3rd party sites. Blizzard tries to cater to them a bit... and people complain.

/sigh

Anyway. Love the fact someone seems disappointed we won't be using our legendary cloaks in WoD. I'm guessing someone is new to the concept of expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

The main reason I think it's a bad idea is if buying your way to 90 becomes the norm in this game when you roll an alt.. what happens to the 1-90 content? What happens to 1-90 dungeon queues?
    Nothing will happen. People will still level alts, only a small number of people will buy more then one boost to 90.

If anything the number of impatient jerks might drop slightly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    thats kinda cool idea....
    Kind of agree, actually. Not a full-power scaled down Legendary, of course, but one on par with current heirloom weapons. Maybe just having it (or rather, the achievement) unlocks an heirloom version of it in the new heirloom tab they were mentioning they were working on?

Gives people a reason to farm for the legendaries without imbalancing the game. Plus it might allow people to transmog their gear with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    Guess it is a good thing you are not required to run dungeons to level to 90 then huh?
    No you're not required but they are an invaluable way of learning how to play your class in a group.

That's another reason why I dislike this instant level 90 ding idea... you'll have people running WoD dungeons who have no idea how to play their class in a dungeon. That means healers with access to a full set of spells but no idea of which heal to use in which situation.. or when to use heals and when to hold back due to threat. Tanks who will have no idea how to correct a bad pull. Lovely.

It scares me to think there will be players rolling healers & tanks for the very first time and immediately entering WoD dungeons as their first ever dungeon. Better get used to lots of wipes.. because it won't be pretty.

It scares me to think there will be players rolling healers & tanks for the very first time and immediately entering WoD dungeons as their first ever dungeon. Better get used to lots of wipes.. because it won't be pretty.
    To be fair it might happen sometimes. But it won't be as common as that. Plus there are plenty of players who've played long term who still haven't got a clue how to play!

Deleted
    "Legendary cloaks will not stay relevant in WoD. You still have time to get plenty of use out of it. (Celestalon)"
    On my realm people say don't waste time to get the cloak now, because after you got it there will be not so much time to use.
    I hope in WOD they make a correct legendary weapon what can we transmog...
    I want my cloak transmog so badly because it didn't fit to my transmog gear... I didn't use it most of the time.

I don't understand why blizzard destroyed the tank gameplay completely... waiting hours for a new tank in RF it shows everything...
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2014-01-28 at 09:25 AM.