Bigger or smaller faction on a server?

Hey guys I'm new and I've started on the PVP Frostmourne Oceanic server and I'm wondering since Alliance is twice as big as Horde but in a PVP server what would the recommendation be for choosing a side? Higher or lesser players?
    The difference isn't that big with Horde (76,590) and Alliance (129,628).
    Thanks in advance.

Play whatever you want.

Connected realms will soon fix up faction imbalances, so your side population wise will be irrelevant in a few months when that happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't much difference but if you wanna PvE (raid) on FM, pick alliance.

Bigger, of course. Pick smaller only if you are on a PVP server and you want to have targets for ganking (solo or, better yet, with a group).

If I was to pick Alliance though (Shaman Draenai) would there still be enough people around to make you realise you're in pvp?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Play whatever you want.

Connected realms will soon fix up faction imbalances, so your side population wise will be irrelevant in a few months when that happens.
    What's connected realms?

- - - Updated - - -

Play whatever you want.

What's connected realms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Play whatever you want.

Blizzard has stated several times that connected realms is not intended to fix faction imbalances. It's intended as a fix for low pop realms only.

Quote Originally Posted by caliberza View Post
    Blizzard has stated several times that connected realms is not intended to fix faction imbalances. It's intended as a fix for low pop realms only.
    Yeah I agree with you Frostmourne isn't even mentioned on connected realms due to it being a high server.
    So being on the Alliance side with those numbers still means they'll be plenty of Horde around?

With numbers that high on both factions, it won't make a difference, so play whichever you prefer. You'll get plenty of PvP and PvE opportunities either way, and not really be disadvantaged that much.