Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteResistance View Post
    Poor girl Elin Krantz also thought this way, until it was too late. I guess some foods could be dangerous to consume.
    Or should this post go into "Sweden and Immigration" thread?
    Right, because this has never happened between two people of the same ethnicity before. I guess that would mean that humans in general don't mix very well regardless of their ethnicity, if I were to apply your rationale to it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Well there are, but defining 'races' by skin colour is clumsy, as it is only one of many traits.
    I wonder if you know what 'white' looks like.
    Have you seen snow?
    Poor girl Elin Krantz also thought this way, until it was too late. I guess some foods could be dangerous to consume.
    Or should this post go into "Sweden and Immigration" thread?
    Unfortunately, murder happens. Ethnicity has nothing to do with it.

Deleted
    And i suppose you are also thinking that only immigrants bully swedes?

No, i, as an immigrant, got bullyed by swedes in the early 90s, even by ADULTS! Can you hear me? Adults! Because i had an affro back in the days they thought were half black. I guess you will become one of them soon?

You dont see me going around the forums being against swedes, i mean, werent you guys saying that we immigrants are the ones who get easily offended? I am aware that i am too nice sometimes as i walked away from a man called me a suicide bomber. I think he knows very well who i am.

And well yeah some middleastern people got the exact same skintone as european people, so i guess they are the same race.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2014-01-28 at 07:32 PM.

The ME is not small place so there is a big variation. There is some caucasian or white?, or they can be, it depends on how you look at it. I could ask if all Americans are caucation and you would have to say no. So no they are not. (imo), the first picture i would say is though, not the other two.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I understand Persians yes, are part of the Caucasian racial group, whereas Arabs are not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Right, because this has never happened between two people of the same ethnicity before. I guess that would mean that humans in general don't mix very well regardless of their ethnicity, if I were to apply your rationale to it.
    Well, that could have been prevented by not letting him in, in the first place. He already had a pretty dire criminal record in USA but was still let in, which is stupid. They should do stricter background checks on people to prevent people like him coming here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just goes to show how stupid racial classifications are. At least ethnic groups has some sort of basis to them, racial lines change all the time depending on society.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    do u consider middle easterners to be a part of the caucasoid race?
    Non-white caucasoid. Some are semitic, or dravidian, etc. Then you have some like Persian and Levant which is closer to European. Don't conflate the diversity of races.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Middle Easterners are considered part of the same 'racial stock,' yes. Got that high nose bridge like much of us lighter folks.

Deleted
    "Caucasian" is a weird term for "white". From what I've heard from Russians, Caucasians there (people actually coming from the Caucasus like Chechens etc) are called "blackheads" there because of their black hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    Non-white caucasoid. Some are semitic, or dravidian, etc. Then you have some like Persian and Levant which is closer to European. Don't conflate the diversity of races.
    I thought Dravida are the people from South India, Sri Lanka etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Race descriptions are confusing and never concrete. Just look at the evolution of races in the US. You'll find a lot of exceptions and contradictions. White skinned but a black parent? Your were black. Today, white skinned with black parent, many are called white unless they have distinctive "black" features, ie Rashida Jones is called white, Halle Berry is black.

Two men once tried to sue to be classified as "white" (I wish I had the dates and name if the cases). One was a man of Asian descent (Chinese immigrant I believe) and one was somewhere from the mid East of Asia (Middle Eastern or Indian man I believe). The Chinese man argued that he liked like white people so he should be considered white, courts shot him down even though he exposed their technicalities. The (just going to say Indian) Indian argued that he was of the Caucasian race (being causcasoid) and thus entitled to all the benefits of being white. He was again laughed out of courts. And then there the numerous cases of the "1 drop rule" being used against people.

TLDR: Race is a contextual description and we should leave it at that.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    No, they are muslim. Which is a race acording to the moderators of this forum.
    Not trying to single this person out, but just as an FYI...

"Muslim" is a noun, meaning "a follower of Islam". The adjectival form is "Islamic" and means "in adherence or pertaining to Islam". So "they are Muslim" is incorrect. You mean "they are Muslims". It is also improper to describe someone as "Islamic". That word is more properly used to describe inanimate objects (like a hajib) or customs and practices (like a hajj).

The distinction between "Muslim" and "Islamic" is commonly misunderstood, but it sounds ignorant (in a bad way) to those who know the difference.

Ha-ha! I'm even worse than you think! I don't believe in Darwin theory at all, but in origins of White Race in Hyperborea and our divine ancestry. Take that
    Let me guess, these "white origins in Hyperborea" only applies to Scandinavians, Germanics, and maybe Celts and Slavs, right? All the rest of Europe, Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, etc, are all mongrels to you, right? What's that term I got called by some neo-Nazi poster once for being Greek...mudblood? Is that it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Race means nothing, and in terms of contemporaneous anthropology and biology, races are just a glorification of a few limited phenotypes, nothing more. Race doesn't exist.

the caucasses are far to the north of the ME

Obviously, those who care about their blood and ancestry. And wish that their children would look similar to them, and to their ancestors.
    Note - I don't speak specifially about any ethnicity. I'm pro human diversity instead of mixing.

If you have a bowl of honey, and a bowl of soup, both of which taste good, why would you deside to mix them in single bowl? It would ruin the taste of both.
    My girlfriend is Brazilian (Amerindian, Black, Japanese, Portuguese). Mixing the races is pretty damn awesome IMO.

We need to drop all this racist crap. People are people. Some are assholes, some are nice people. None of it is based on the skin color we're born with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    then it actually should be Semitic not Caucasian, as that one pre-dates the other, but once again that would be predicated on racial stuff making sense.
    also i think they forgot aborigines and that wave of exit, although i suppose again that's a offshoot of this shit being stupid to begin with.
    Just to be clear: semitic is a linguistic term, not a racial one (plus, races don't exist, so asking "what race is this person?" is meaningless).

Middle-easterns can be, most of the time, either semitic, altaic or indoeuropean.

Semitic refers to languages like arabic, aramaic or hebrew.
    Altaics would be the turks, and other turkic speakers in the ex-USSR, Iran and Afghanistan.
    Indoeuropeans would be the Kurds, Iranians, Armenians, Pakistanis...
    You even have some Slavs in the Caucasus, and the descendants of the Russian colonists in the southern ex-USSR republics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    "Caucasian" is a weird term for "white". From what I've heard from Russians, Caucasians there (people actually coming from the Caucasus like Chechens etc) are called "blackheads" there because of their black hair.
    I think "white" is much preferable to "caucasian". "Caucasian" suggests that there's anything else to it other than skin color, or suggest a common origin.

OP did you start this thread to determine if Jesus was white?

Deleted
    Get your facts together: Humans don't have races.
    Anybody who says otherwise is a racist.
    Animals have races, humans don't because the definition of race doesn't apply to different human groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Get your facts together: Humans don't have races.
    Anybody who says otherwise is a racist.
    Animals have races, humans don't because the definition of race doesn't apply to different human groups.
    That would depend on one's definition of 'racial traits,' wouldn't it?
    An Inuit and a Sami don't look like one another. A Sami will not give birth to an Inuit. Furthermore, a Western Germanic will generally be lactose tolerant, whereas an Chinese Mongoloid will not.

What makes someone racist is the belief that some races are better than other races.