Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I didn't read through all 43 preceding pages, but if you were really interested in finding out if they boosted, why not just check the achievement page?

Statistics page lists # of quests completed for individual toons. Obviously a insta-90 will have less than MOST toons, depending on how you leveled. From there you could continue on to BG and Dungeons.

With all that said, personally I don't care how someone got to 90.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

15+ Year Old Account
    I rather tag ppl who dosnt gem/enchant their gear with a giant "I AM BAD" banner over their head
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    To all the folks that say "leveling teaches you the class" - what game are you playing?

No, seriously, what game are you referring to?

Since Cata (if not even before) leveling in WoW has been done WITH UP TO 3 BUTTONS - 2 of them are for damage spells and 1 is for the mount!

Leveling in WoW teaches you NOTHING:

- you don't need a rotation
    - you dont need crowd control
    - you dont need mobility or positioning
    - you dont need defensive spells
    - you dont need dispels or soothes
    - you dont need to micro manage your pet's spells
    - you dont need to read a single quest log or any spell/talent/glyph tooltip
    - you dont need any form of consumables or pre-potting,
    - you dont have to worry about threat in dungeons since mobs are wimpy
    - you dont have to know below lvl90 boss spells since none are a danger
    - you dont have to manage your mana as a healer until lvl90
    - you can spam AoE healing for just 1 target and still do wonderful
    - you dont need any teamwork or party coordination for dungeons
    - you can stand in any form of a fire for as much as you want
    - you can use completely wrong gear or even be naked and still breeze through quests
    - you can even use completely wrong weapons and still own any mob of your level
    - leveling professions is pretty much pointless since gold is very plentiful from questing

Having people instantly boosted to lvl90 will do absolutely nothing bad.
    People who do not want to learn their class WILL NOT get any "education" from leveling - please stop lying to yourself and living in a pipe dream...
    Makes a lot of sense.

You do get some sort of education from leveling.

If you really suck, you will be told/flamed in leveling dungeons. Maaaaybe this person will think about it.

Now the bad people will be flamed in high lvl dungeons and dont have as much time to change/abondon the class .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Why, why and why?

Really?

Stop being so incredibly hurt by others playing the game differently than yourself. Seriously.
    This. Get over it. People talk about how its going to "damage" the game. What about the talk of people coming back because of the boost? I know for a fact the 2 friend i spoke to about it are hyper and coming back after quitting for a year. I of them leveled 2 toons really quick for professions but then felt bad because he didn't like how both classes played out end-game. Because of the boost he can buy the 2 classes he wants to 90 right way. Trust me alot of people are coming back with the boost. Maybe a few butthurts will leave for 2 weeks like they always do then come back because of hooks.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    leveling the traditional way should slowly introduce you to spells and your class abilities over time. you should have real character development and learn to use different spells in different locations.

Oh this boss enraged, oh but i'm a druid and i just got "soothe". i guess i can remove that! cool.

instead you get players that have boosted to 90 instantly, have no idea how to play their character effectively and a weaker pool of players.
    Come on. Lets be realistic here. Barely anyone does that. whether it is shivving rogues or soothing druids, and it doesn't matter really if they botted, grinded or quested to level 90. (perhaps people who leveled in PvP do use it). Nothing is gonna change. You have clueless people at max level now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I would love to see the video where you only used 1 ability from 1 to 90.
    Until my hunter hit Pandaria, I didn't use any skills but Arcane Shot and Steady Shot. In dungeons I used Kill Command for giggles. In Pandaria, I used Disengage now and then to get away from a mob so my core hound could pick up aggro (which took all of a second). Back in BC/early Wrath, I leveled a paladin who took very little effort--I laid down a Consecrate and alt-tabbed until I heard a death cry, healed, laid down another one, and waited. My Warrior took even less effort back when BWL was current content--specced Prot, right-clicked, walked off to grab some tea. Leveling her to 70 was the same story, different locale, maybe a little tiny bit faster because she used DPS weapons instead of stamina-heavy tank weapons while leveling in Outland.

I'm leveling a Warlock right now, and it's literally just Corruption on a group of mobs, pop Dark Apotheosis, and deal with them at my leisure with Hand of Gul'dan and Drain Life.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post

If you really suck, you will be told/flamed in leveling dungeons. Maaaaybe this person will think about it.

Now the bad people will be flamed in high lvl dungeons and dont have as much time to change/abondon the class .
    What's to abandon? LvL 90 + YouTube + Icy-Veins = Learn your endgame PvE in 30 mins or less.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-02-03 at 03:22 PM. Reason: *spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    Honestly, who cares? I've played this game on and off since vanilla...I'm sick of leveling and it effects me in no way shape or form if people wanna boost to 90. Hell, with heirlooms and even recruit-a-friend its a freebee to level anyway as you overpower anything you come across. You spend a few days or a few weeks leveling up a character normally...the other 99.9% of the time you are doing end-game content with your lvl90. Leveling is not a challenge and it hasn't been in a long long time so why would you need recognition for something that is a breeze?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post

No you don't. I just leveled a rogue (again) after switching from alliance to horde. I'm pretty experienced with it. My damage was absolutely shit in LFD and felt like dead weight. Why? Good luck getting combo points when your tank is 3-shotting everything and does most damage on every pack. Only time I did more damage was on bossfights and I had to blow all my cooldowns.

Nobody told me I did bad, because there is barely any human interaction in LFD. We're all there with one goal: to get it over with.

Deleted
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    i also worked hard for the money i bought the boost with...
    work 1-2hours to get a lvl 90 or quest 20-40hours to get a lvl 90?
    after 10years of playing the answer is crystal clear to me

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'm leveling a Warlock right now, and it's literally just Corruption on a group of mobs, pop Dark Apotheosis, and deal with them at my leisure with Hand of Gul'dan and Drain Life.
    Mix it up and level as destruction. It's also very easy, but at least the rotation is a bit different.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I have 5 90s, and...not even going to try to remember, too tired, but even more 80-85+ toons. I could not care less about Joe Shmoe buying a 90. I could not care less about being "recognized" for levelling. Why? Because levelling isn't hard or even worth noticing. Now if someone gets Loremaster, that's awesome and worth noticing. If someone levelled to 90 like every other person that's currently 90 in the game? How is that special? And chances are, the majority of people buying multiple 90s will be people who have already levelled multiple 90s, or at least 1, and just can't stand the levelling process anymore.

I know as soon as WoD goes for pre-order I'm grabbing it and my free 90. Thinking an ally priest or shaman healer...since my other ones are horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recognition for what exactly? Playing a video game...not real life bro calm down
    Semper Fi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    Now if someone gets Loremaster, that's awesome and worth noticing.
    I agree. I was so upset that I still had Vash'Jir and Winterspring left when Pandaria launched. So to get my title I had to finish those two AND do every stinkin zone in Pandaria for it. The only thing tougher than that was getting the title pre-cata when there were no flying mounts in Azeroth zones.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Your bad example is based on some random assumption someone is going to take some time and teach either player what to do and how to do it.

More often than not that is not going to happen.

You show up, ready to play. If I have option A (gamer who played for hours) and gamer B who just bought his toon. I'll choose A.

A least he invested some time. I'd give that gamer the benefit before some random bought toon gamer. At that point, I don't care why he bought the toon, how much he has to work or how many kids he has to feed and why he can't be bothered to level, that gamer would not be the one I would choose to spend my gaming time with.

If I had a way to tell his toon was bought and could clearly see he's clueless, that gamer would get kicked before someone that leveled a toon (even though both might get kicked before it's all said and done for poor play).
    Sure, Blizzard can add this as soon as they add a way for me to show who has kicked people just for them being a boosted character so I can block them from ever having to run with them. The only reason you should kick people are for legitimate reasons, i.e. toxic behavior, D/C'd too long, AFK in SW/Org, abysmal performance (and won't listen to advice), etc.

I might very well take advantage of the boost just to create a toon of a class I already know on the opposite faction, or boost I class I had to 85 in Cata, but didn't level to 90 due to the unfriendly alt environment of MoP.

Deleted
    I can today buy level 80 chars, no one complaining about that? If you have more than one wow acc on your bnet account, scroll of res on yourself and voila, you have a level 80. You dont have more than 1 wow account? make one. Transfer the 80 level char to your acc, costs 20€

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poofngone View Post
    I can today buy level 80 chars, no one complaining about that? If you have more than one wow acc on your bnet account, scroll of res on yourself and voila, you have a level 80. You dont have more than 1 wow account? make one. Transfer the 80 level char to your acc, costs 20€
    Shh, people here want to QQ and rage about everything; they do not want to be confronted with facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Mix it up and level as destruction. It's also very easy, but at least the rotation is a bit different.
    I was thinking about that, but I just adore my little femgob running around with demon wings. DA is what drew me to the class, even if it's just a fun glyph and not viable in endgame.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

'worked hard'? I think part of it is actually enjoying the game :> else you could just bot to 90 anyways.