Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    You get the same reward for leveling the hard way to max as you get for clearing heroic content while relevant: you get to tell people how awesome you are. If they don't seem to care...then I guess what you just did wasn't all that hard.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Not really, like I said. Blizzard has rewarded us in the past for hitting level cap, this isn't very different.

Prepare for this discussion to become a "Stop being a special snowflake" and "special snowflakes are dumb and your opinion is dumb" thread.
    Blizzard rewards us at level cap with crap. I believe level 80 was 5 fireworks and a bottle of wine. Level 90 was a note and a single firework. I'm sure we'll get something similar for level 100. What OP is asking for is more than just a token, "Yay you did it!" kind of reward like we've seen for the past few expansions.

I totally disagree with OP though. Leveling by hand vs paying for a 90 boost is totally a choice. If you want to fork out the money, fine. If you want to level from 1 - 100, also fine. What you do in no way effects other players and you shouldn't be rewarded for your choice. That's like saying that someone that levels up herbalism by picking level specific herbs instead of just MoP herbs deserves a title, achievement, or pet / mount just because they did it "The real way" not the fast, easier way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, like I said. Blizzard has rewarded us in the past for hitting level cap, this isn't very different.

Prepare for this discussion to become a "Stop being a special snowflake" and "special snowflakes are dumb and your opinion is dumb" thread.
    Only thing we got at 80 was fireworks. All we got at 85 was fireworks. Got fireworks at 90. Guess what we are getting at lvl 100 REGARDLESS of how we got to 100? Yeah, more fireworks (probably). That and a kick in the junk telling us we still cannot fly til 6.1. People who feel they have to be rewarded for something as trivial as leveling ARE special snowflakes.

Deleted
    No no no no no.

Toxic toxic toxic.

Every character who reached 90 through buying it should have it stats reduced by 5% - permamently!

They hadnt had all the combat xp while leveling so they are lorewise weaker!
    right...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No.
    The people who buy 90's are loosing money, your reward for doing it the grindy way is not having to pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No.
    The people who buy 90's are loosing money, your reward for doing it the grindy way is not having to pay.
    Precisely. /end thread

I love all these special snowflake threats popping up now that they are maybe going to sell level 90 boosts. Oh, technically...you may be a "unique" snowflake but statistically there is millions of other snowflakes out there just like you! See, so no matter what you do you are never actually one of a kind

So no...no they should not do anything special for those so leveled 1-100 manually, their payoff is they likely earned more gold in the process (seriously, if you quest to level you can make some serious gold on your alts then just send it to your main. That's my profession....alt leveling XD), and you get more of a feel for the individual zones stories. Oh and they saved IRL money, too....I think that's the biggest payoff for leveling 1-100 manually...

But at the same time they already said they are going to speed up leveling ANYWAY so it really wont take too much more effort to manually level a toon to begin with.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Yes, I fully support this idea. It's only fair thing blizzard can do for those that didn't cheat and pay to have themselves leveled.

It would also be nice if blizzard rewarded their long time user base who have had been playing for 5+ years with free services and gifts instead of just milking us to death.

The reward for grinding from 1-90 is having had 90 levels of opportunity to have a clue about how to play the class. I can see an influx of terrible performers on the horizon... (remember how bad it was to have a DK in your group when leveling through instances when DK's were released?)

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

They are already rewarded for leveling from 1-100 using the traditional method. They reach 90 with more gold in game and a fatter wallet in real life. Really no other reward would be needed.

O.G. Title for those that level from 1.

Young Money for instant 90's.

Something for everyone, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    Yes, I fully support this idea. It's only fair thing blizzard can do for those that didn't cheat and pay to have themselves leveled.
    They aren't cheating though, saying it's cheating is stupid. They paid for it so they deserve the 90.

Leveling is time consuming and to me, personally, it deserves some sort of small reward for doing so. If it's just a small unique toy that does nothing but explode into fireworks every hour I'd be happy.

You don't to level anymore... When you don't have to do something anymore you should get rewarded for doing it. I'm not sure where all the hostility is coming from, but if you want the damn toy that explodes every hour, go level. :\

The journey is the reward, along with all of the quest/dungeon rewards you got along the way. Hope it was worth saving the 1 time cost and time spent rather than buy one. Don't get me wrong. I think everyone should level at least once just to experience some of the story, but after that, it's just boring repetitiveness. I'd rather pay the 30-40 bucks and be done with it.

I'm curious, if Blizzard are going to start selling 90 character boosts on the cash shop... will they reward those players that leveled from 1-100?

I mean, those who level deserve some sort of compensation for going through 100 levels of content, even better if you do it without heirlooms. In my personal opinion I won't buy a 90 just because I love leveling.

What do you guys think?

I think that we should get rewarded a title, tabard, or mount. Get a achievement called "Helping is Caring" or "I've Been Around!" where it rewards you one of the three rewards.
    You love leveling so you want a special reward because you enjoy that part of the game? Wait,isn't the reward of leveling levels? I fail to see how your preference entitles you to special treatment. Some people loath leveling or have already leveled a ton of toons and find the current incarnation of leveling to be trivial and boring. I think they should get a special too-busy-to-level rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't cheating though, saying it's cheating is stupid. They paid for it so they deserve the 90.

Leveling is time consuming and to me, personally, it deserves some sort of small reward for doing so.
    The reward is you saved yourself the $59.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    I have leveled many a character from 1-(current Xpacks Max) throughout my gameplay of WoW (I started in Vanilla).

I have leveled multiple versions of the same class to their respective Xpacks max (my friends tended to transfer servers at the end/beginning of an Xpack and I would follow. But I would level from scratch every time).

Vanilla: Mage-60
    Priest-60 (I miss my Hex of Weakness T_T)

tBC- Pally-70
    Shaman-70

WotLK- EVERY CLASS- 80 (including a brand new shaman and pally)

Cata- All but rogue/priest/mage to 85 (again...new pally. Most of the other characters are also rerolls. The only one to carry over from WotLK was the DK. Switched servers and didn't want to pay to xfer more than my main.)

MoP- Same as Cata...only to level 90. (This time I finally Xfered my old tBC pally and leveled him from 70-90 instead of rerolling a new one! THE CYCLE IS BROKEN!)

And I am not unique in this regard...MAAAANNNY other people out there did something very similar to this, and now we are tired of the leveling process. If we want a quick boost to 90 so we can join our guild in doing content with another class...I think we've earned it.

So unless they are retroactive in their little reward...I say no....do not do anything special, if I want a new 90 instantly I've damn well earned one at this point.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    I'd rather pay the 30-40 bucks and be done with it.
    You and me both. After 5 90s, I am tired of the Journey.

So we want awards for playing the game because someone else is playing/buying it differently?
    How about an award for not miss aiming and shitting on the toilet seat too while we are at it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No.
    I think ppl who spend money should be rewarded ... they gave Blizz extra money. Achiev or pet should be apropriate. Ppl who are too poor to pay for instant lvl 90 should shut up and deal with it. They only play monthly subscription anyway.

/sarcasm ? ... you never know.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.