Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    lately I've seen serverism. ner'zul and frostmane ( the server I'm on) were merged and all i see on trade is back and forth about how shitty one server or the other is. /done with this community

on top of that it's the anonymity that comes with online anything. as per that penny arcade comic.
    Yeah, the server vs server stuff is annoying. I happily played on a dead server and then got connected to 3 more realms. The first one I got connected to was a higher populated server, and they are the most annoying and rude, but I've met some cool people too. Then two more dead servers and the same thing is being said towards them, but at the same time the other two dead servers are rude to each other's server and mine.

People are making this too complicated. Toxicity comes from lack of accountability and consequences. Blizzards newest methods of presenting content (LFR and Flex) can be done with people you've never met and will likely never see again, so there are zero lasting consequences to be a total shithead.

There used to be no alternative (if you wanted to raid) to keeping your reputation clean on your home realm (aside from server changing or something similar). If you were a shithead often enough word got around and you stopped being able to get into raids or guilds or PUGs. That is still the case for Regular and Heroic raiding on most realms.

But now you don't have to be a regular or heroic raider to see the current content, and so you don't have to get in a raid and stay there to progress through the current tier. LFR (and to a much lesser extent Flex) lets these people be complete shitheads with no long-standing consequences.

Personally, I think LFR has served its purpose and needs to be vastly overhauled or removed entirely. We have flex now; cross-realm current content that allows anyone to see the content if they want to, including those who can't commit to a traditional organized raid.

Killing the end boss should require some effort and some skill. LFR not only requires neither, but does not even incentivize them. What do you get for being a great tank in an LFR? Occasionally the same you get for being a terrible tank, endless amounts of shit. Hell, with the addition of Determination you are rewarded for wiping! The worse the group is, the easier it becomes, and this is necessary in LFR otherwise the groups tend to dissolve.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Not all mmo's are toxic.

I recently went back to guild wars 2. The community is the complete opposite of wow. You never see hateful mean behavior EVER!!!!!!. Nobody griefing. Everyone helps each other out it's amazing. If being anonymous automatically creates assholes then guild wars 2 would have the same toxic players but they don't. Same with ffxiv. Play ether and try to still say the game does not determine how players act. And don't try to say it's because both games are dead because they hold 2 million players each(population numbers are available for both games in their earnings report that's openly available for both games) Just like the OP said there's too much separation of players in wow that's not there in every mmo just wow and legue. But it's not this bad in all online games. Blizz has to try a little to get the community on track because during vanilla,bc and most of wrath things were never this bad.

Deleted
    Look, it's the same with the WoW community as with toxic frogs. As long as you don't lick them, you're safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Look, it's the same with the WoW community as with toxic frogs. As long as you don't lick them, you're safe.
    Shit, I had that as a macro as well. I've been doing it wrong.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

This is a very old thread. I'm going to close this.