Thread: GW2 Elo

GW2 Elo

I played GW2 for a cpl months hardcore when it was first released but got burnt out due to no endgame pvp incentive. You didn't know how good anyone was, there were no rankings etc... Have they done anything like LoL elo system yet?

Currently Playing: Eldevin

10+ Year Old Account
    The ranks (rabbit, deer, dolyak, wolf, etc) are more about experience and not necessarily skill. It will take you much, much longer to get a higher rank than someone who is winning though.

There is a leaderboard and an Elo type matching system however: https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/pvp/

(now hot join is anything goes, there's no matching in that since it's a selfjoin type thing. But the solo queue and team queue are matched according to an Elo-type system)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-01-28 at 09:18 PM.
    Valar morghulis

The MMR in gw2 is a joke. Dig a little in "The one thread" and you can find some albums of screenshots that showcase how bad it works. Due to this, leaderboards are BULLSHIT.

Rank is ofc also bullshit because a-net thinks it's totally awesome to have people farm a map by mass suicides.

TLDR, pvp is still broken as hell.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been quite a few changes in Pvp, this video summarizes the changes they made over this last year, worth a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEaXXKPuH3U

The reward changes, new game modes and matchmaking changes have an amazing effect on participation. NA has almost doubled in team arena, solo arena has more than launch week and total concurrency has doubled.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    There has been quite a few changes in Pvp, this video summarizes the changes they made over this last year, worth a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEaXXKPuH3U

The reward changes, new game modes and matchmaking changes have an amazing effect on participation. NA has almost doubled in team arena, solo arena has more than launch week and total concurrency has doubled.
    You forgot to provide links showing anets stating these "facts".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    You forgot to provide links showing anets stating these "facts".
    They state those facts in the video. The video I linked. The same video you quoted me linking.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-02-10 at 10:18 PM.
    Valar morghulis