Thread: Cd on fly mount

Cd on fly mount

Hey guys, i was just relaxing, taking a shower, and this idea came to my mind:

What if, when you dismount from your fly mount, it would trigger a 30sec cd on it? Or 1min?

What you guys think of it?

It will incetivate alot of stuff, and isnt some prohibitive time.

Except that it will force people into a lot more walking I don't see what it would change?

All people would do is to use their ground mount ofr 30 secs and then change back to their flying mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really think you're the first person who thought of this? It's a horrible idea anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming anything would make me want to die if this were the case...

what's the point? it's to short to make people use the ground mounts, and its to long hindering Herb/minning farmers.

Deleted
    Awful idea. No thank you!

but that is a "good" thing, people will stay a little more on ground, instead of flying to take that easy quest mob kill, they will prefer agro those two near ones... there will be a little more world pvp (controversial point, i know).
    That solves a lot more of problems than removing flight for an entire patch...

Deleted
    This wouldn't put of bots/gold farmers and would just annoy legitimate players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible idea

Hate world PVP. Only on a PVP server because IRL friends are there. Anything that forces me to not use my flying mount is no good in my books.

Deleted
    Worst idea ever. They already took flying away from 85-90 and 90-100 and from 6.0. STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME STOP FLYING

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the only time I have ever responded as such:

No. This is just not needed. There is already a CD with combat, and a longer CD with world pvp combat. It would be little more than an inconvenience.

For me, professions have a lot more issues than just " i can't pick herbs / ores fast enough".
    But i confess that i was short sighted i didn't think of its impact on gathering.

Be a druid gatherbot and never ever land again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goik View Post
    For me, professions have a lot more issues than just " i can't pick herbs / ores fast enough".
    But i confess that i was short sighted i didn't think of its impact on gathering.
    Yep, you will essentially increase your gathering time by 12%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goik View Post
    Hey guys, i was just relaxing, taking a shower, and this idea came to my mind:

What if, when you dismount from your fly mount, it would trigger a 30sec cd on it? Or 1min?

What you guys think of it?

It will incetivate alot of stuff, and isnt some prohibitive time.
    Horrible idea..

The only thing you'd acomplish, is that noone will land their flying mount, until CD is over.. Hameplay is slow enough already, this will literrally put it on pause for shorter or longer periods of time...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/