Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    25-30$ is more realistic. We'll see.

Deleted
    nice fake for wishfull thinkin...

I would say that sounds fair. Buying a copy of WoD gets in thrown in as a bonus and I would think that since it nearly eliminates the need for server transers or faction changes by existing in the first place they would want to make it priced so that people wouldn't just disregard those services completely

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol is anyone honestly surprised?

If they could get away with charging $200, they would.

My guess: It'll cost as much as it normally would to buy WoW Starter+WoD (I assume MOP will be in the starter edition come WoD)

So, about $40 + $19? $60 seems about right.

I won't be using it because a 90 is 3 days played time and I think Blizzard is becoming the new EA, but that's just me.

P.S. - This is why Blizzard doesn't announce ANYTHING in advance. Crap like this. Every time Blizzard says anything before an official announce date or before they're officially ready, it appears on forums and becomes a big deal.

Deleted
    i was expecting it to cost about the same as a faction change which is about £25.

Deleted
    My PERSONAL point of view on paid boost and it's price:
    Boost is an excellent idea. If it's $55 - £50, i'll gladly take it. Here is why:
    It took me on average 60-70h of /played time to get a character from lvl 1 to 90 (that's with looms, guild exp, flying as soon as I could and with 280% speed)
    Now, let's say that this time I could spend at work or at my second job from home.
    Lets say that it took me 65h to lvl up, and that is:
    £520 I could made in my daily job
    £910 I could made in my second job.

One way or another, can't go wrong with saving time and money.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Lol is anyone honestly surprised?

If they could get away with charging $200, they would.

My guess: It'll cost as much as it normally would to buy WoW Starter+WoD (I assume MOP will be in the starter edition come WoD)

So, about $40 + $19? $60 seems about right.
    It always amazed me to see people thinking they would be $10 or $20. To buy a new copy of WoD and transfer the boosted toon to your main account would be $60 for the box set plus the $30 account transfer. $90 USD. Personally I think just leave the single boost you get from buying WoD and if people want to do it the round about way let them do it. Its their money, they can spend it however they want.

You asked a guy who isn't in the loop enough to give you a real answer. But he's surmised that you could achieve a server + faction change just by rolling a new 90, so given you the combined price of the pair. There's no official weight to his opinion. I would say that is an upper bound, but I would expect it to be less. I expect > server change but < expansion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's going to be $40. As much as the expansion itself, minus the need to transfer so it'll make people want to buy it. Plus it's not ridiculously expensive, but I think it's pushing it past $45-50.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was honestly thinking $100 would be great, that or bring down the cost of the other character services.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i was expecting it to cost about the same as a faction change which is about £25.
    and it most probably will be something around that microtransactions have to stay micro to maximise profit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    I was honestly thinking $100 would be great, that or bring down the cost of the other character services.
    I think this would be what they should cost. If someone really wants to not level, they'll have to pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    I'd say 10 bucks will be an appropriate price.
    god no, if anything that pay 2 90 will be 90 bucks 10 bucks per 10 levels.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    My PERSONAL point of view on paid boost and it's price:
    Boost is an excellent idea. If it's $55 - £50, i'll gladly take it. Here is why:
    It took me on average 60-70h of /played time to get a character from lvl 1 to 90 (that's with looms, guild exp, flying as soon as I could and with 280% speed)
    Now, let's say that this time I could spend at work or at my second job from home.
    Lets say that it took me 65h to lvl up, and that is:
    £520 I could made in my daily job
    £910 I could made in my second job.

One way or another, can't go wrong with saving time and money.
    The fact that people think like this makes me sad.

This is why Blizzard is milking this audience for all its worth now days, because people don't mind being milked.

10+ Year Old Account
    problem is, that blizzard can't charge $60 for instant 90, theres already someone i wont name out that does a level to 90 service for you depending on what level you are. it is much MUCH cheaper for someone to storm through the first 60 levels then pay this person $30 for 60-90.
    this person is reputable with thousands of leveling services done with less than a 0.1% ban rate. if a 90 is too expensive then i WILL go to this said person.
    Last edited by sizzlinsauce; 2014-01-28 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    So I get this bright idea to open a ticket and ask how much a paid 90 would cost. I said my son wanted to enjoy the game at max lvl but he doesn't play much at 7 years old and well here is that portion of chat... I saved it in PDF format and I took a screen shot. THats why it looks this way. The question is, do you think the price is fair?????
    http://i.imgur.com/L02IxkJ.jpg
    Remember that you will still get one level 90 for free for just getting the expansion, if your son doesn't play much then won't that be enough, does he need more characters? But more to the point, yes it is "fair" in my opinion, otherwise those other services would become obsolete, everyone seeking to switch server or faction would just buy a new character instead of moving it, if it would cost the same or less. That's what I think would happen in alot of cases.
    Last edited by Marquize; 2014-01-28 at 11:53 PM. Reason: removed image tag in quote

$50 for a level 90 character with no professions in heroic dungeon blues? That's a laugh. I'd rather they just sell the exp potions in the store.

GMs are infamous bullshit artists, if anyone didn't already know that. I'm not sure any of them actually play WoW.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    problem is, that blizzard can't charge $60 for instant 90, theres already someone i wont name out that does a level to 90 service for you depending on what level you are. it is much MUCH cheaper for someone to storm through the first 60 levels then pay this person $30 for 60-90.
    this person is reputable with thousands of leveling services done with less than a 0.1% ban rate. if a 90 is too expensive then i WILL go to this said person.
    There is no way in hell i would ever give my log in details to someone else for anything. ever. A lot of people would feel the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    if a 90 is too expensive then i WILL go to this said person.
    Well, but there's still a risk remaining. And if someone happens, you shouldn't complain.