Deleted

Is there an addon that actually tracks 'power' of next rip?

I noticed many people suggest to do +15% dmg refreshes of rip but that is extremely difficult to track in a real situation. The only thing I can do is roughly look at the 5-6 procs that occur and then it gets even more complex if you have stuff like DoC to track. I doubt most people can do realistically something better than "oh I got almost no procs before, now I got 2-3 of them at the same time".

Deleted
    Weakauras can do this for you and show you an accurate number with multiplier. If you PM me i can send you a good weakauras setup that will track all of your rips, rakes and trinket procs.

Deleted
    Weakauras with Stenhaldi's bleed ratio auras or DroodFocus are the two popular options.
    Last edited by mmocc88f087fc1; 2014-01-29 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Fragnance has an aura sting that lets you know the exact damage if you'd like that as well.

I thought Fragnance just used a modified DroodFocus

Anyways DroodFocus is what I use to check whether I could apply a stronger Rip/Rake. It's pretty concise and tracks everything (SR, Rip, Rake, Thrash, Weakened Armor) and lets you know when a current application would be stronger or weaker

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/droodfocus

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    I thought Fragnance just used a modified DroodFocus
    It's pretty concise and tracks everything (SR, Rip, Rake, Thrash, Weakened Armor)
    I always thought bleeding effects were ignoring armor O.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boticha View Post
    I always thought bleeding effects were ignoring armor O.o
    It's still an important debuff. A good 20% or more of your damage comes from white hits, Mangle and Shred which are affected by armor. Not to mention it helps your other physical DPS, and we can keep it up indefinitely with practically no cost to our personal DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kich View Post
    Weakauras can do this for you and show you an accurate number with multiplier. If you PM me i can send you a good weakauras setup that will track all of your rips, rakes and trinket procs.
    I want it too. so I'm gonna send you a PM if you don't mind? also I need to go buy soda and beer for tonights levelling stint ( i need to level alts and BY GOD DO I HATE TO LEVEL ALTS)

Deleted
    I looked at those options.

Droodfocus is horrible, it does way too many things for its own good. It even tries to make a whole plates replacement. It reminds me of the horror of mage nudgets. Good for children, bad for experienced coders.

I looked at the other options and they look at the right direction. Of course, it's silly that one of them tracks also the debuf itself (a weakauras user already has that set up) but it's no problem, they can just be deleted. I suspect I will have to re-write them after reading them since they might omit something, change in the future or as it usually happens, do more things than needed and ruining it.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Droodfocus is horrible, it does way too many things for its own good. It even tries to make a whole plates replacement. It reminds me of the horror of mage nudgets. Good for children, bad for experienced coders.
    You sound like the type of person who installs a basic UI package then screams when it's not amazing by default. The only part of Droodfocus people use are the 5 icons for Rip, Rake, Thrash, Sunder and Savage Roar. The green dots in the top right are very useful too but the three smaller dots aren't really worth paying attention to. The green dots show an increase in power, they don't just mean REFRESH NOW as there are a number of other factors that you need to be aware of when clipping bleeds.

Seriously what do you expect? There isn't going to be an addon that tells you exactly what to do with your bleeds because otherwise playing Feral would be trivial, yet it's considered the highest skill based spec in the game because that's what it takes, skill. It isn't just a matter of installing an addon then mashing your face on the keyboard to victory.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-01-30 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    You sound like the type of person who installs a basic UI package then screams when it's not amazing by default.
    You sound like a condescending know-it-all. I wrote my own custom auras. The addon is horrible, it even replaces target plates.

It has absolutely no place to replace target plates.

Addons for children are addons for children.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. It has no meaning there is an option to turn features off. The point in time an addon author decides to do stuff he should not do, it is the time he exposes his mediocrity.

You sound like a condescending know-it-all. I wrote my own custom auras. The addon is horrible, it even replaces target plates.

It has absolutely no place to replace target plates.

Addons for children are addons for children.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. It has no meaning there is an option to turn features off. The point in time an addon author decides to do stuff he should not do, it is the time he exposes his mediocrity.
    So when you go to a website and find something that you don't like you start screaming and create a new website then tell everyone on a messageboard that they shouldn't use the website because it's a website for children?
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-01-30 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    So when you go to a website and find something that you don't like you start screaming and create a new website then tell everyone on a messageboard that they shouldn't use the website because it's a website for children?
    Your problem is that you want to control other people. I find addons that do things that is not their place to do, horribly mediocre. I do not need your permission to have that view.

Doing target plates on a "druid" addon is horribly bad design decision.

The worst is such authors do not even see it as an option usually.

affdots with affdots:for cats
    or weakauras with this string(thx to Fragnance for that) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post24408550

Deleted
    Your problem is that you want to control other people. I find addons that do things that is not their place to do, horribly mediocre. I do not need your permission to have that view.

Doing target plates on a "druid" addon is horribly bad design decision.

The worst is such authors do not even see it as an option usually.
    Why don't you just go and write your own stuff/addon instead of spewing this self righteous manure in the thread?

I'm using Stenhaldi's WA, stripped down to only show three sets of numbers (rake/rip/thrash strength ratios), and made them really really small. For procs I use lightweight Needtoknow. Works great for me.

I'd love to see what you come up with. Droodfocus can be a little much but it also has options to let you reduce it to only what you need/want which is how I use it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by critsom View Post
    Why don't you just go and write your own stuff/addon instead of spewing this self righteous manure in the thread?

I'm using Stenhaldi's WA, stripped down to only show three sets of numbers (rake/rip/thrash strength ratios), and made them really really small. For procs I use lightweight Needtoknow. Works great for me.

Do you even read the thread? I found the weakauras options good. In fact, I only talked about droodfocus.

So maybe you should start reading what you reply to for a change instead of "spewing this self righteous manure" as you put it.

Deleted
    Do you even read the thread? I found the weakauras options good. In fact, I only talked about droodfocus.

So maybe you should start reading what you reply to for a change instead of "spewing this self righteous manure" as you put it.
    Yes I did.. quite a few times. GFY.

Infracted -- please be courteous to other users.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2014-01-31 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys please settle down, there's no need to flame each other instead of harnessing an intelligent discussion.