Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I like to pick and choose which fits my character. I have a fair few of the TCG mounts and a few other nice ones kicking about. I try to colour-coordinate with my armour/ class. For example. Lifebinders Handmaiden for a paladin. Feldrake for my warlock. Turbo Charged Flying Machine for my goblin. You get the picture.

I have the White Camel TCG mount, that is quite high on the rarity list, despite this it's just a recolour of the camels you can get by being exalted. Yet it is my favourite mount that I own because you see such few people ever using/owning it.

Deleted
    I've hit 16k achievment points before MoP.
    and you know what i realize?... No1 in real life is going to care about that.

I think Elegon's Astral Cloud Serpent strikes the balance between rare and cool, but yeah it'll probably show up on the BMAH next expansion and you'll be able to solo it. Nearly everything becomes easy eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Yup. While I think that the horde got even way better looking skeletal horses (I'm looking at you, White Skeletal Warhorse), for Alliance chars, it definitely is a nice and unique choice in a lot of cases.
    Aye, back when racial restrictions still existed for mounts, I think it was the only horse a Tauren could ride too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Aye, back when racial restrictions still existed for mounts, I think it was the only horse a Tauren could ride too.
    After it was changed with Patch 1.3.0 yes - prior to that, no.

Two of the best case examples for this are (IMO):

- Experiment 12-b. Drops from Ultraxion in DS and is just a gag-worthy model. But you see very few players with this mount, and that when you do, you're kinda like damn... nice..

- Crusaders Black/White Warhorse. Drop from Tribute to Immortality in TOTGC 25, and removed with 3.3/3.4 i believe. This mount is truly rarely seen, and from memory only over 50 guilds managed to accomplish such a feat of strength.

Images of mounts respectively:

This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Rarity means nothing to me. I've been killing Kael'thas for over two years, but if that damn bird was just another drake or some ground mount like his 5man drop, I wouldn't be trying to get it. Aesthetically, Al'ar is the best mount in the game for me. I don't even care if it could be available at the BMAH or if Blizzard starts selling it, I will get that mount.

Onyxia is 10x times better looking than Siege meta, lmfao

I ride my Experiment 12-B, since I don't see a lot of people using it, and I think it's the best looking Drake model. Mimiron's Head is overall my favorite mount though (wtb).

no, it's shallow to think that way. i only care about the looks and whether it suits my character.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, it's shallow to think that way. i only care about the looks and whether it suits my character.
    Hardly. Most people like to show off, and most people like to watch people showing off. hint hint, sports, as one example.

If Mimiron's Head was as common as the Bronze Drake hardly anyone would ride it, because it would be too common; people wouldn't feel special.
    Last edited by muto; 2014-01-31 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah, lol. The game's about competition in more ways than one. I would kill for any of the oldschool vanilla mounts you had before they introduced the versions with armor. The ones you get the feat of strength "old school ride" for. Or something like this http://www.wowhead.com/spell=17458/f...rider#comments Only one that exists.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I value my mounts based on the memories I have attached to them. I use a random mount add-on so that I can cycle through my collection. Personally, rarity isn't as meaningful as having something that stands out in my mind associated with a particular mount.

"This was my first holiday mount." or "I got this in ICC 10 with my friends when it was current." or "I got this from the Cryptozoic people at my first PAX East." running through my head means infinitely more to me than crap like "What's the rarest thing I own? I should be sure to idle on it in town."

Eff that. Each mount tells a story.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account

Made this one for teh lulz ages ago and it still perfectly describes my feelings towards rarity vs looks. Even though I do prefer the tiger over anything else (the main reason why I don't bother collecting any other mounts) I'm still pretty much tied to it. The first thing I thought when I bought the last T3 piece I needed was "might just sell all my tier sets now because this is the only transmog I will ever use untill the end of WoW".
    Last edited by Bodom; 2014-01-31 at 09:10 AM.

Deleted
    I like to have a theme with my mounts. My main is an undead rogue so I bought her the armoured bloodwing while it was half price. I also lucked out and got my hands on the crimson deathcharger not long ago so I use that as my ground mount (despite the bloodwing being a ground and flying mount I don't use it for the former because it just takes up too much space with the gigantic wingspan and everything. I prefer to just get my horse out when I can't fly).

Deleted
    A mount can look good, but when you see x amount of them in the same area it does feel a tad sheepy to be riding the same one.

My biggest issue with mounts is the whole duping issue we had with the TCG ones. The Spectral Tiger especially, I remember when it was a rare sighting, now they are so common. I rarely ride my TCG mounts now just because they feel so... dirty, and not as prestigious as they should be.

Might sound special snowflakey, but if you are willing to invest real money or a lot of gold into something then it should be something special.

Yes this is basic human psycology, but not as simple as rarity = worth. But perhaps more work = more worth. to get that rare mount you maybe had to put in a lot of work and thus it has great worth to you due to the amount of work you put in to acquire it. perfectly normal

example: If I gave you a goldmedal, you wouldn't feel any worth in it, but if you had won the same medal in a competition you'd worked hard for BAM the same medal now has worth for you.
    Last edited by Horizon; 2014-01-31 at 10:38 AM.