Thread: bm bis list?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post

After shifting shot priorities:

Nice catch! I've modified the Troll profile accordingly and it jumped up 1.6k dps. Profiles are updated.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/index...-54/?p=2272577

http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=20595

Took Kibu's profile and put Kill Shot below Kill Command.

Bumped Focus Fire above Rapid Fire

http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=20597

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Bumped Focus Fire above Rapid Fire

How can that make any difference with RF off GCD? It sounds like FD must have an old code for RF imo if it was a DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    How can that make any difference with RF off GCD? It sounds like FD must have an old code for RF imo if it was a DPS increase.
    SimC > FemaleDwarf. Just toying around. FD has invented its own haste cap at around 15.1k haste which I can't figure out (because Dire Beast gains an attack at like 14.3k haste, not 15.1k. And ofc, in the real world it doesn't get an extra attack).

SimC > FemaleDwarf. Just toying around. FD has invented its own haste cap at around 15.1k haste which I can't figure out (because Dire Beast gains an attack at like 14.3k haste, not 15.1k. And ofc, in the real world it doesn't get an extra attack).
    Azortharion is completely right, something seems to happen either live or in FD at this mythical 15000-15200 treshold, which i cant seem to figure out:

Steady/Cobra Shot Speed:
    1.3413 sec. (49.113% attack speed bonus)

Hunter Regen:
    5.422 focus per sec.

Pet Regen:
    6.778 focus per sec. ( pet would have enough focus to Bite every 4 seconds, regardless )

Dire Beast Attack Speed:
    1.3413 sec. (Estimated Attack Count: 12.18) ( this is just estimate, the same would occur with ~14200 haste )

All in all its kinda weird, the positive thing during my sims, was that the same gear setup ( maybe with a different chest ) and miscelaneus reforges, seem to yield the best results.

I have been toying with SimC with profile posted here from FD.
    I have reworked the priority list from SimC quite a bit : Rotation for SimC (only works for using BS. AMoC need a different priority for some reason)
    And the current reforge seems to be the best as far as I can tell. SimC still put haste as top stat (4.93 Haste , 4.82 Crit, 4.78 Mastery). I tried removing some but only gives lower result.
    I guess should run some reforge plot for fine tuning.
    Last edited by Thotor; 2014-02-14 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thotor View Post
    I have been toying with SimC with profile posted here from FD.
    I have reworked the priority list from SimC quite a bit : Rotation for SimC
    And the current reforge seems to be the best as far as I can tell. SimC still put haste as top stat (4.93 Haste , 4.82 Crit, 4.78 Mastery). I tried removing some but only gives lower result.
    I guess should run some reforge plot for fine tuning.
    That priority list gave me a 2k DPS loss in SimC, but that's with my gear.
    You can get a DPS increase out of the standard SimC priority list/yours by changing the Stampede line to:

actions+=/stampede,if=buff.dextrous.up|buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=25

actions+=/stampede,if=buff.dextrous.up|buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=25
    Indeed a rather huge gain !

Keep in mind that the priority list is fine tuned for the BiS given by Kibu. I am pretty sure that you need to reach a certain amount of haste so that it is effective. (and don't forget to put BS talent instead of aMoC)
    Last edited by Thotor; 2014-02-14 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thotor View Post
    Indeed a rather huge gain !

Keep in mind that the priority list is fine tuned for the BiS given by Kibu. I am pretty sure that you need to reach a certain amount of haste so that it is effective. (and don't forget to put BS talent instead of aMoC)
    I'm at 16.7k haste atm - but basing true BiS around FemaleDwarf is hardly accurate. Hell, prolly not even worth it around SimCraft (stat diff single-target is negligible as long as Haste > all others, but AoE/Cleave/burst/burst-cleave/burst-AoE/anything that's not single-target, Haste > Mastery > Crit), and the FemaleDwarf BiS set is going for a haste cap that doesn't exist.

Just sticking my head in here as I'm gonna be putting those rotation changes in simcraft sometime today, are there any outstanding bugs with hunter implementation that need fixing? Pets acting weird as shit (As if they don't already in game), certain abilities not functioning properly, etc. I don't think there's an official hunter person working on the program, so I try and keep it up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Just sticking my head in here as I'm gonna be putting those rotation changes in simcraft sometime today, are there any outstanding bugs with hunter implementation that need fixing? Pets acting weird as shit (As if they don't already in game), certain abilities not functioning properly, etc. I don't think there's an official hunter person working on the program, so I try and keep it up to date.
    Are Lokrick and arison not maintaining the Simcraft module anymore?

Also, I have sent a pm to Zeherah about the 15.1k haste point, but I haven't heard back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Are Lokrick and arison not maintaining the Simcraft module anymore?

Also, I have sent a pm to Zeherah about the 15.1k haste point, but I haven't heard back yet.
    I haven't seen Lokrick around since... late october? He fixed a few things then, but not much has changed with the Hunter module since then other than putting in the hotfixes, so if any new issues have come up they either haven't been reported or haven't been fixed.

Generally there's not a lot of work that needs to be done after the first month of a big patch, so most likely everything is fine, but if there is an issue I'll try and fix it.

I haven't seen Lokrick around since... late october? He fixed a few things then, but not much has changed with the Hunter module since then other than putting in the hotfixes, so if any new issues have come up they either haven't been reported or haven't been fixed.

Generally there's not a lot of work that needs to be done after the first month of a big patch, so most likely everything is fine, but if there is an issue I'll try and fix it.
    Simcraft is in my opinion, very very accurate, at least in regards of # of expected abilities, that will occur during a specific fight duration. Now the default priorities are not really optimal, but really anyone can find out how to adjust / modify them. ( per example if you want to delay Stampede for trinkets, like Azortharion pointed out. )

Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    Simcraft is in my opinion, very very accurate, at least in regards of # of expected abilities, that will occur during a specific fight duration. Now the default priorities are not really optimal, but really anyone can find out how to adjust / modify them. ( per example if you want to delay Stampede for trinkets, like Azortharion pointed out. )
    That's great. The default priority list I can change so that you don't have to swap them out every time... I'll likely put:

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...detail?id=2014

at some point this weekend, if that's as close to optimal as you can get with a generic profile. Obviously certain gear setups will be slightly different, but if that works out as 95-99% optimal for most people, that's probably the best we can do.

I just went through the warrior module and found some really small things, such as heroic throw (<0.5% overall damage) was flagged incorrectly as parryable. But I'm too OCD to not fix that even if hit/exp are getting removed/revamped next expansion.

Reforge/enchant change:

​404634.49

- - - Updated - - -

That's great. The default priority list I can change so that you don't have to swap them out every time... I'll likely put:

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...detail?id=2014

at some point this weekend, if that's as close to optimal as you can get with a generic profile. Obviously certain gear setups will be slightly different, but if that works out as 95-99% optimal for most people, that's probably the best we can do.

I just went through the warrior module and found some really small things, such as heroic throw (<0.5% overall damage) was flagged incorrectly as parryable. But I'm too OCD to not fix that even if hit/exp are getting removed/revamped next expansion.
    You really wanna make Stampede a reaction to Dextrous proccing instead of Rapid Fire (which does nothing for Stampede. Like, at all, they don't spend focus), beyond that it looks good to me and I can't seem to improve the priority list but I'll check again tomorrow.

Reforge/enchant change:

​404634.49

- - - Updated - - -

You really wanna make Stampede a reaction to Dextrous proccing instead of Rapid Fire (which does nothing for Stampede. Like, at all, they don't spend focus), beyond that it looks good to me and I can't seem to improve the priority list but I'll check again tomorrow.
    Yeah he replied to it and said the same thing, I think it was just a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, btw, instead of using the dextrous line:

actions+=/stampede,if=trinket.stat.agility.up

I forgot that this isn't documented, but this will be a preferred form of doing that in the future. For default lists, we don't really like linking to specific trinkets unless it's unavoidable (Such as cooldown reductions/that crazy trinket for cats from last tier that I can't remember the name of).

That'll flag whenever one of the trinkets you have procs, so if it's worthwhile to line up stampede with your other less-reliable rppm trinket, it'll fire stampede there instead of waiting for dextrous. If you'd rather wait for dextrous, just change it to trinket.stat.agility.remains>17 and it'll filter out the other procs.

(I'm writing this mostly because I'm gonna copy/paste it into the wiki)
    Syntax: trinket.-slot-.-has--stacking-stat-.-stat you are looking for-.-buff expression-

So all commands that work with buffs will also work with this. ( .remains, .cooldown_remains, .up, .down, .stack, .react, .value )
    The slot is not required, and can be skipped. If skipped, it will scan both trinket slots.

Examples:
    trinket.1.stat.agility.stack>10 -- Flags as true if the trinket in slot 1 procs agility and the amount of stacks on the proc is over 10.
    trinket.2.stat.mastery.value>3000 -- Flags as true if the trinket in slot 2 procs for over 3000 mastery.
    trinket.stat.strength.cooldown_remains>5 -- Flags as true if the ICD on any strength-proc trinket is greater than 5

They can be combined with other conditions:

stampede,if=trinket.1.stat.agility.remains<17&target.time_to_die<90 -- Flags as true if the proc from slot 1 has less than 17 seconds left, but the target will likely die before the next trinket proc is available.

If Dextrous is within 7~ secs of being off CD and TED procs, I use Stampede then - otherwise it's not really worth it unless you get lucky and get 2 procs in a row (Which you can't count on), Stampede's duration is twice that of the RPPM trink while it lines up perfectly with Dextrous' duration.

trinket.1.stat.agility.stack>10,trinket.2.stat.agility.cooldown_remains>7

stampede,if=trinket.1.stat.agility.cooldown_remains<7,trinket.1.stat.agility.stack>5&target.time_to_die<105 (not sure if correct?)

Is prolly how I'd do it (also can that be made into a WeakAura?)

If Dextrous is within 7~ secs of being off CD and TED procs, I use Stampede then - otherwise it's not really worth it unless you get lucky and get 2 procs in a row (Which you can't count on), Stampede's duration is twice that of the RPPM trink while it lines up perfectly with Dextrous' duration.

trinket.1.stat.agility.stack>10,trinket.2.stat.agility.cooldown_remains>7

stampede,if=trinket.1.stat.agility.cooldown_remains<7,trinket.1.stat.agility.stack>5&target.time_to_die<105 (not sure if correct?)

Is prolly how I'd do it (also can that be made into a WeakAura?)
    Assurance has an icd of 115 seconds, and I would set the time to die 20 seconds further than that, as that's the only way to guarantee 20 seconds of uptime on the trinket/stampede before the boss dies. I only have an alt hunter, but I think something like this would be optimal:
    Code:
    stampede,if=trinket.stat.agility.remains>11|(trinket.stat.agility.cooldown_remains<7&trinket.stat.agility.stack>8)|(trinket.stat.agility.up&target.time_to_die+20<trinket.stat.agility.cooldown.remains)|target.time_to_die<=20
    Use stampede if any of the 4 conditions apply:
    1: Trinket with longer buff time than 11 seconds (AKA, not the rppm trinket.) is currently procced. This will flag true as soon as the trinket procs if stampede is set high enough in priority.
    2: Stacking RPPM trinket has 9 stacks or more, and the cooldown on the ICD trinket is less than 7 seconds.
    3: If the target time of death + 20 seconds is greater than the ICD on any ICD trinket, and the rppm trinket has procced.
    4: The target will die in 20 seconds or less.

Just as a side-note, if you can bribe warriors in your raid, the absolute highest raid-dps usage for shattering throw (+20% armor reduction for 10 seconds, 5 min cd) is with stampede. I was screwing around with simcraft trying to figure it out earlier this tier, and nothing came close. I checked some logs and it seemed to add about 1k damage per attack per pet during stampede. It's also dps-neutral/slight gain for the warrior as long as they do it right after the colossus smash debuff falls off. I have 3 hunters in my raid, so I kinda feel bad if I don't use it.

This isn't a huge dps increase in the grand scheme of things, but if you're into min/maxing, it's helpful. It's also extremely easy to tell when a hunter uses stampede, as that horn is about the loudest noise in the game.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-02-17 at 05:07 AM.

Assurance has an icd of 115 seconds, and I would set the time to die 20 seconds further than that, as that's the only way to guarantee 20 seconds of uptime on the trinket/stampede before the boss dies. I only have an alt hunter, but I think something like this would be optimal:
    Code:
    stampede,if=trinket.stat.agility.remains>11|(trinket.stat.agility.cooldown_remains<7&trinket.stat.agility.stack>8)|(trinket.stat.agility.up&target.time_to_die+20<trinket.stat.agility.cooldown.remains)|target.time_to_die<=20
    Use stampede if any of the 4 conditions apply:
    1: Trinket with longer buff time than 11 seconds (AKA, not the rppm trinket.) is currently procced. This will flag true as soon as the trinket procs if stampede is set high enough in priority.
    2: Stacking RPPM trinket has 9 stacks or more, and the cooldown on the ICD trinket is less than 7 seconds.
    3: If the target time of death + 20 seconds is greater than the ICD on any ICD trinket, and the rppm trinket has procced.
    4: The target will die in 20 seconds or less.

Just as a side-note, if you can bribe warriors in your raid, the absolute highest raid-dps usage for shattering throw (+20% armor reduction for 10 seconds, 5 min cd) is with stampede. I was screwing around with simcraft trying to figure it out earlier this tier, and nothing came close. I checked some logs and it seemed to add about 1k damage per attack per pet during stampede. It's also dps-neutral/slight gain for the warrior as long as they do it right after the colossus smash debuff falls off. I have 3 hunters in my raid, so I kinda feel bad if I don't use it.

This isn't a huge dps increase in the grand scheme of things, but if you're into min/maxing, it's helpful. It's also extremely easy to tell when a hunter uses stampede, as that horn is about the loudest noise in the game.
    if any of ur hunters bring a tall strider, there si 12% armor reduction for entire time. but ur idea is good. we have an warrior in our team, i will see if i can manage to make him work with me during the stampede. i don't get to use my tall strider often :/