Page 1 of 2
LastLast

20-man SoO coming to a WoW near you

According to Ion Hazzikostas' twitter, SoO will be converted to the new raid system once 6.0 releases. This means 20-man Mythic SoO will be a thing for at least a few resets before the expansion is released. Not a huge game changer but an interesting change nonetheless.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc651a27ab8d; 2014-02-03 at 09:23 PM.

Smart idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is 6.0 the WoD release patch or the patch right before WoD? And does this mean that the difficulties will translate Flex to Normal, Normal to Heroic, Heroic to Mythic with the current Flex queuing system effectively removed? How will this affect the 'Hellscream's Downfall' title and the Kor'kron Juggernaut mount?

Interesting, i know for sure that i will be trying the mythic SoO out to get used to the size and difficulty

Deleted
    Very interesting indeed, forces guilds that haven't thought about setup/roster just yet, to start doing so.

It's a pretty cool idea and helps a lot guilds that haven't updated their rosters.

It makes sense given the item squish is supposed to come in the same patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it would come sooner haha. My 25man guild have been progressing HCs for a month now and right now we are standing at 5/13HC and I bet we would have easily a few more kills if we could cut out the 5 baddies from the group.
    Last edited by Kuul; 2014-02-04 at 02:03 AM.

I like this.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Pretty sure 6.0 is the WoD pre-release patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    I wish it would come sooner haha. My 25man guild have been progressing HCs for a month now and right now we are standing at 5/13HC and I bet we would have easily a few more kills if we could cut out the 5 baddies from the group.
    6.0 will most likely bring in a blanket nerf to SoO like they did in the previous tiers, so a 10-20% nerf to everything, meaning you could kill alot of bosses even with those 5 baddies in your group

Fights are either going to be even more of a joke than they already are, or blizzard is going to screw up the scale-down and bosses will be impossible. I see no reason to spend time altering an instance so that it works with the new model, they haven't done this in any expansion to date Vanilla-Cata raids are the exact same as they were during the expansion.

right. so in the long time we had nothing but icc we got Ruby sanctum. Now with the same crap in Soo we get a new raid size... Wow. just wow
    I cant believe that people are accepting the bs blizz pulls. They do whatever they want with your money. Why not start to actualy voice all of your opinion and help make the game decent again ?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    right. so in the long time we had nothing but icc we got Ruby sanctum. Now with the same crap in Soo we get a new raid size... Wow. just wow
    I cant believe that people are accepting the bs blizz pulls. They do whatever they want with your money. Why not start to actualy voice all of your opinion and help make the game decent again ?
    If you don't enjoy it and genuinely think that Blizzard don't care about the game (you're wrong, but whatever), then just quit. Go ahead, no-one will stop you. I myself enjoy it very much and have done for 9 years.

OT: good idea; it lets those HC 10-man groups that are moving to Mythic to get used to the larger raid size and additional people, as well as opening up recruitment a bit more.

Deleted
    I still think it's a weird thing to do. And it's probably gonna murder my guild's hc progression.

Bladefist EU is a shitty server for alliance, considering that the only other guild on alliance that has raided HC is lithuanian only, however weird that may sound. And they are like 3 or 4 HC.

Even worse, the scheduled connection is to Zenedar which is even more dead, and they fucked up the connection twice in a row. It's starting to look pretty bleak tbh.

Not soon enough, they already fucked us 10 mans pretty hard. It is almost impossible to recruit these days because anyone with half a brain wants 25 man only in preparation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    That's cause they didn't have flex technology back then. If anything, by the time 6.0 is out there will be little time left for progression. Like very little. This is when the item squish is out and all the Wod systems is in the game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed1234 View Post
    I still think it's a weird thing to do. And it's probably gonna murder my guild's hc progression.
    If you're still "progressing" in 6 months, you won't see the final bosses dead anyway so this doesn't change anything.
    6.0 will be released a few weeks before the WoD release. All major adjustments will be in this patch (item squish, new raid sizes, paid lvl 90 boost, new talents etc.)

It's interesting they will be retro-fitting 20 man heroic to SoO, but that's all. It's not really exciting, game-changing or anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Fights are either going to be even more of a joke than they already are, or blizzard is going to screw up the scale-down and bosses will be impossible. I see no reason to spend time altering an instance so that it works with the new model, they haven't done this in any expansion to date Vanilla-Cata raids are the exact same as they were during the expansion.
    This is the first time they've asked guilds to recruit up.

The change from 40man to 10/25 wasn't as harrowing since it's just cutting people; you essentially just had to grab your best, closest circle and remove the rest. This time they want 10mans to double their roster using people they may not know, and asking the officers in those guilds to organise for twice as many people.

People need this transitional adjustment so that they have time to get used to the new format, and build a bond with their "WoD raiders". It's too late once the expansion launches and they're trying to hit that first raid. Guilds that were 25 would have an advantage, so this just levels the playing field a bit and makes sure 10s have time to adjust. My own guild is already bringing in people for farm nights and to fill in on progression. Currently running with about 15 people, with 3-4 more waiting for 20man to launch whilst they take time off the game. Other 10mans wont be as fortunate as we are to have a solid group of long-time friends that are all wanting to re-unite for WoD.