Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I'm not trying to be that guy, but the instant I turned to this page I said to myself "I'm not going to read that". Paragraphs pretty please, just 2 or 3 would be fine.
    Yeah........

Flex is always a mixed bag. The most successful Flex raids I've seen is with good communication and a good raid leader.

I guess I've been very lucky with my Flex runs, I do admit I haven't done a ton of them, maybe 2 of each wings (I stopped playing a few months after Wing3 opened). But when I had a bad Flex group, it just basically disbanded before starting, when it actually worked, I would go through the whole thing without much wipe. I actually have more kill than Wipes in SoO. (havent cleared the thing in Normal). So I guess I've just been lucky so far.

Also, these Flex bosses, why are they so easy? The only boss I've wiped more than once is Norushen on the first week of Flex opening, because people didn't understand that adds needed to go down, and that damage was transfered anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Can you actually play your alt? It your gear enchanted, gemmed properly and do you at least have a 528 LFR weapon? If not I would maybe take you for flex 1 + 2 but not 3 + 4. Achievements don't give people a free pass on alts.

I won't let my friend bring his 525 ilevel warlock because he does less dps than the tank, yet he has a 8/14 heroic hunter at 574 ilevel.
    This is actually a very good point and could be the reason why some of the FLEX groups fail. As the leader takes on "experienced" lower geared characters, who's tanking/healing/DPS number are very small thus the groups wipes if raid has many people like that.

It could be worse, you could've not had a near death flexperience.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

on grim batol ppl are asking for like 560-570 ilvl to go SoO normal( witch tells me the maker of the group is screaming CARRY ME!)

i'm still doing LFR on my newly lvled lock thats ilvl 516 pulling my own weight with 120k+ dps on all encounters so far going ahead of ppl that doesnt take the time to learn their class that are 10-20 ilvls above me hardly reaching 70k dps.....was in wing 3 LFR last night where over half the raid was over ilvl 520 hardly breaking 100k dps

had some whispers from ppl during the raid asking me my ilvl and all of the them was suprised of my ilvl compared to my dps....while i'm not even satisfied by my dps( then again i'm a dps whore and will always be that in any MMO i'm not satisfied by my dps because i am my worst critic
    Last edited by Greviouz; 2014-02-04 at 06:53 AM.

Bélthazor Destruction Warlock
    Greviouz Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    It could be worse, you could've not had a near death flexperience.
    I think you mean a "Near flex experience"
    Ha-ha
    puns..
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Without wanting to offend, but a lot of you, including OP, are severely misunderstanding Flex, as are many in the community. Flex is not and was never intended for wild pugs. The difficulty tuning is simply more harsh than LFR, and while raidgeared and experienced players can certainly carry a fair amount of leechers through it, it's not that simple.

Blizzard themselves repeatedly stated that Flex was never intended for pugs, rather it's intended for guilds and organized groups that have too few/too many for a regular raid group, and to involve more friends/family. If you join an anonymous "queue" group like via OQ etc, most of the time you will get an LFR audience - people who don't know the first thing about raiding, their class and how to play it, fire and what it does to you when you stand in it, etc.

My advice to you: try making a group of trusted Flex players you've played with on your realm, try organizing something regular (if you're not in a guild) - you never know what it may turn into. Else if you are in a halfway active raiding guild, try organizing a regular guild group. That's what it's intended for.

Oh and finally for those insisting that it's "better not to go over 14" - you couldn't be more wrong. Flex becomes SIGNIFICANTLY easier with 25 people - the fewer you have, the higher the performance demand on the individual player.

I either have to form a group myself now or join a group on my own server that insists on high ilvls or with people I know since it appears like a lot of random flex groups seem to mistake flex for lfr.
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Oh and finally for those insisting that it's "better not to go over 14" - you couldn't be more wrong. Flex becomes SIGNIFICANTLY easier with 25 people - the fewer you have, the higher the performance demand on the individual player.
    There are certainly a lot who have a wrong impression there in regards to its actual difficulty. I still think that incentives for building larger groups apart from it being easier which tons of people don't believe anyways would help a lot overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound02 View Post
    How do you go for a "staff run" on open raid exactly? Or just wait until you see one advertising that they've started up a team?
    If you go to Openraid, then click Events, and at the bottom of the page will be "Openraid Hosted Events", those are raids organized by the various staff you can sign upto, usually a week or two in advance, upto a few days before.

http://openraid.org/events/hosted currently 74 raids listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    My worst experience was this I was bored once and wanted to do a little flex on my ilvl 551 disc priest. thinking it would be faceroll I joined a group in trade that was starting up slowly on flex 1. Since there was barely any people in the group I went afk. I was told it was gonna be a zerg quick run and i was happy enough to do that.

I came back 15min later to see we were missing 1 tank. I asked in guild and got one of our heroic raiders tank to come the one he raids heroic with. (please do note i do not raid atm)
    We start the raid and then on first boss the raid leader tells me we are gonna do achievements. I was thinking okay. So I quickly read up on the guide on wowhead jsut scimming what to do.

The raid leader then says we need 1 slow per 2 mobs and that should be enough.
    First try none of the dps actuallly kill and mobs and the only ones rooting is me and the other healer (holy priest) with our talent root. Apparently 1 root is not enough you need 3. So after trying out on this try for several splits I noticed the boss was at almost full energi and i was getting low in mana cause all the blobs when in everytime and i was running around like crasy to covor my half of the area.

Sadly to say people started dying. Next try we decided to root 10 at the same time yet again no one killed the blobs but we got the 10 roots off cause everyone helped. except. the adds then turned around and sluaghtered us cause we did not know they would hit for very hard on healers

3rd try we got him.

We then get onto protectors at this point we used about 45min and i was slightly annoyed cause i wanted a semi quick run. We wipe once cause people went total derp and just randomly threw the damn thing all over the place. Second try we got it. I had now used 1 1/4 hour cause peopel were goign afk we had the holy priest leaving and had to find another 1.

We get to the trash before the gate and some random idiot decided to pull the freaking entire zone at the time where I got stunned and the new healer apparently did not understand what a dispel was (please note we were not on ts or vent) and then we wiped 2 more times cause someone apparently can't move without pulling.

We then 1-shot 3rd boss with 3sec till berzerk and get that achievement. Granted I do know we all had 75% less damage done but when I as a disc priest were out dps'ing 3 of the dps' then there is somethign wrong. a mage a warlock and a hunter.

We get to fourth boss by this time we used around 2-2½ hour so far and is really annoyed.
    We decided to wipe first try cause the add managed to get a shot off cause peopel went herp a derp and did not attack the add at all.
    then we wiped 3 more times cause someone had a happy trigger finger and I then decided to leave together with my tank guildie. never got that achivement. btw the other healer had left between those wipes and we found a new one.

Long story short. make certain the group you joined is actually doing what they said. also got no loot for my off-spec :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    Isn't Openraid these days basically just people asking for 550+ people to complete Flex so they can boost their 450-geared friend or alt?
    not all there is many beginner runs where people ask all the way down to ilvl 515.
    I have one there if you are interested with my alt just look for kalepp
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Every decent player is doing at least normal right now. Flex is the new LFR.
    Or just set up your requirements to 550+ ilvl if you don't want retarded people to go with you.