Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Talking What is your opinion about the Pandaren's lore now?

Start Location: Wandering Isle
    It is the rare pandaren indeed who sought a way beyond the mists of Pandaria. Generations ago, pandaren explorers began to gather on the back of a giant turtle: Shen-zin Su. This great sea turtle roamed Azeroth's oceans for hundreds of years, eventually losing contact with their mist-shrouded homeland.

Here on the “Wandering Isle” young, eager pandaren train and learn, engaging in mock combat against one another and mastering the tools and forms of martial arts.

When Shen-zin Su travels near the Maelstrom, life on the Wandering Isle—once pacific and enlightening—is cast into crisis. The ground becomes unstable and Shen-zin Su’s very life is threatened as the great turtle drifts into an unsteady pattern which may be a death spiral.

As one of the most promising pandaren wanderers, you must uncover the true threat to the Wandering Isle. But the problem facing the great turtle has several potential solutions, and the students of the isle are split on how to handle it. Your decision will shape the future, and mark the path of the pandaren in a changed world.

Home Continent: Pandaria
    Shrouded in fog since the world was sundered more than ten thousand years ago, the ancient realm of Pandaria has remained unspoiled by war. Its lush forests and cloud-ringed mountains are home to a complex ecosystem of indigenous races and exotic creatures. It is the homeland of the enigmatic pandaren, a race that celebrates life to the fullest even while under siege by an ancient menace.

The new continent reveals itself to a broken world just as the Alliance and Horde are spiraling ever closer to a war that will consume all of Azeroth. Will the mists of Pandaria part to reveal the world's salvation? Or will the battle to control this rich and breathtaking new land push the two mighty factions over the brink of war and into total annihilation?

More @ http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/

- - - Updated - - -

I think, now almost seems like, there are more stories and landscape and culture of the Pandaren race, than with other races.
    It fits perfectly, if you've gotten the lore with you, on how things were before The Shattering, and after. It's beautiful.

This is the resting place of Liu Lang, and you will notice he has a unique tree.
    Last edited by SwizzleTweets; 2014-01-28 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    childish

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    childish

/10char
    What is your definition of childish?

It makes no sense to say that the Pandaren story is childish. When childish means immature.
    What is immature with the story? It is quite serious and emotional, it is not black and white.
    Last edited by SwizzleTweets; 2014-01-28 at 08:21 PM.

They've got a better story than most other races, or at least a more coherent/well-told one, most likely because most of it was written at once rather than over the course of four games. It contains no obvious retcons or plot holes, a decent narrative arc, it ties in nicely with the Sundering and the Titans and all of the other major events in the game's history, we see every side of their culture in detail, and on more than one occasion we get to see them be total badasses. All of us, not just one faction or the other.

They're going to have trouble matching the quality of the Pandaren story with any future race addition.

I much prefer the pre-Mists stuff.

I hate it. The pandas are obnoxious holier than thou walking fortune cookies that spew pseudo-wisdom bullshit all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They can go to hell, and take they lore with them. That's my opinion.

Deleted
    Obnoxious and boring to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    They've got a better story than most other races, or at least a more coherent/well-told one, most likely because most of it was written at once rather than over the course of four games. It contains no obvious retcons or plot holes, a decent narrative arc, it ties in nicely with the Sundering and the Titans and all of the other major events in the game's history, we see every side of their culture in detail, and on more than one occasion we get to see them be total badasses. All of us, not just one faction or the other.

They're going to have trouble matching the quality of the Pandaren story with any future race addition.
    I agree, they exploited this opportunity to the maximum. I'm pleased.

However, I have a question..
    Taurens and Pandarens are native on Azeroth, right. So they have lived on Azeroth long before the world was ever seen by the Old Gods and such?

Still dont care, and still don't bother to know about them.

All I can say is this: I have played warcraft3 campaign fully...I don't renember no freaking panda. Im sure its inn there, but it didnt make an impact on me.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Childish and boring, it's not a good lore for a RPG OLD-school players(dragons, dungeons, monsters, not pandas), it's good for someone who liked Mulan and other pseudo-Asian theme.

I'm not saying that I HATE MoP. I like it, it's better than Cataclysm, but that's just all.

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    I agree, they exploited this opportunity to the maximum. I'm pleased.

However, I have a question..
    Taurens and Pandarens are native on Azeroth, right. So they have lived on Azeroth long before the world was ever seen by the Old Gods and such?
    Correct, but it seems pretty likely that Pandaren are actually a furbolg offshoot that became what they are due to the waters of the Vale, and are therefore indirectly Titan-manipulated.

Deleted
    still hate them, they are fat, silly, retarded alcoholics. oh and their pseudo wisdom bullshit annoys me and I don't like martial arts crap. I hope they will be reduced to absolute insignificance now that mop is about to be concluded. the game would have been better off if it hadn't been for mop
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-01-28 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    loved it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that Blizzard is actually trying to give more characters some actual depth. I wish their writers could do better than Doctor Seus, but I like that they're trying.

Deleted
    The who?

Sarcasm aside,I honestly still dislike them.If they were more serious and given a better spot in lore,perhaps.But since the entire expansion was based around Alliance vs. Horde,I can't get them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Correct, but it seems pretty likely that Pandaren are actually a furbolg offshoot that became what they are due to the waters of the Vale, and are therefore indirectly Titan-manipulated.
    Can you back up your claims? Because I have not read anything from Blizzard or in-game that suggests such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    childish

/10char
    Pretty much answered the thread. Even when I encounter the most serious pandaren like Taran Zhu, I just can't stop thinking of how cute they look in their little outfit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite good. Not the best, but it certainly pulled me in.

Its a bit disappointing that most of the raid content didn't really reflect the 'flavor' of Pandaria, the only raid which really represented the expansion was Terrace. Apparently Pandaren are the only race that never had an evil faction, and the only 'bad' pandas are those who are under mind control or possessed, and therefore there are no actual Panda raids.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn