Poll: Have you played a MOBA seriously?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played Dota 2 for about 300 hours. Have pretty much stopped playing since the games last for too long for my taste and am just enjoying other games at the moment. I was also not really a big fan of Dota 2 and its uncanny resemblance to WarCraft 3 (seriously, Dota All Stars may have been a WarCraft 3 mod, but that does not excuse a company like Valve to make it almost identical to its mod counterpart). Also tried some LoL, but I never really had any fun in that game because of the community (I think Dota 2 was slightly better in this regard, but only slightly). I did try it with a friend of mine last weekend and I actually enjoyed it once I got past my frustrations with how terrible the menu system was (I've never been so disoriented in a game before). Will probably only play LoL if I know some of my friends are playing it, otherwise I will not even bother.

As for Heroes of the Storm, I couldn't be more excited for it. It takes chances and do things differently from its competitors in a good way, in my opinion. Not having to worry about an item shop or "stealing" kills from other teammates while having shorter matches than say Dota 2, which can last for basically an hour, which all are pretty nice. It also seems a lot more fast paced in that team fights will be more common in early game and not having to worry about standing in a lane gaining experience to help out your team is freaking awesome. As a guy who loves playing support, this sounds like my type of game.

Besides, being able to play as Arthas, Anub'Arak, and other favourite Heroes of mine? Sign me up.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-02-18 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Only MOBA i've played was WAR:WoH. I was alright, depending on which hero I was using (the High Elf Archer and Tomb King Scorpion were my favourites).