Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Sprockets drop in game from other places though. That's why there is over 650k of them on the trading post and they are only worth a couple copper each.

Seriously tell me how much ore would I have to mine to "win". And what exactly I would win.
    Show me where I said anything about winning....

As for them dropping in game, what of the players on "a break" or the new ones that come in the future, when all of the mobs or whatever that drop those no longer exist? Also they won`t have the node.
    Once that happens, prices will most likely sky rocket.
    That`s a hiderance to those builds that have to use those to make gear too.

Side note: Ages since I`ve played, how do you know there are "650k of them on the trading post"? Last I saw, the tp only ever showed 1000+.

Did anyone complain about the Black Lion Salvage Kit when the game came out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Side note: Ages since I`ve played, how do you know there are "650k of them on the trading post"? Last I saw, the tp only ever showed 1000+.

MAGIC!

(this certainly explains why you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this game)
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Did anyone complain about the Black Lion Salvage Kit when the game came out?
    I donn`t recall seeing any rants about the gem store salvage kit, but I recall plenty confused as to what level it salvaged at. Whilst a fair few said they were rarely getting anything decent from it, most thought it seemed okay.

I did recall: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ts-Ectos/first

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    MAGIC!

(this certainly explains why you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this game)
    Magic aka bollocks...

Show me anything I`ve typed where I`ve not known what I was typing about.
    If you want to go that route, I`m still waiting for replies from some of your outlandish posts in the past that you`ve happily posted things that showed you didn`t know what you were talking about, & yet you still play...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Show me where I said anything about winning....

As for them dropping in game, what of the players on "a break" or the new ones that come in the future, when all of the mobs or whatever that drop those no longer exist? Also they won`t have the node.
    Once that happens, prices will most likely sky rocket.
    That`s a hiderance to those builds that have to use those to make gear too.

Pay no attention to the GW2 zealot. She tends to agree with whatever Anet says or does and condemns anyone who says otherwise. It'd actually be pretty funny, if it wasn't so sad.

alas, alas, how the point did pass
    over head, by wind, or by scorn

so terrible and dreadful the thread
    each post a new facepalm was born

alas, alas, with patience lost, we pressed on to /ignore
    but the posts kept on, tho laughs were had, the discussion became a bore

alas, alas,
    no more were left to tame the lame in him
    tho alas
    some laughs, we had some laughs
    from the cries, the whines, the derps of the zephyr storm

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2014-01-31 at 06:47 PM.

I haven't played GW2 in a couple of months. I bought 8 of each of the gathering tools. I do think that this is teetering on a dangerous edge. Items on the gem store were either sold as convenience or good looking items. My problem is that this item now sets 2 precedents. Firstly, it says that they could, at any time, "outdate" your stuff with something better. Secondly, and more importantly, this opens the door for things that can have a material impact on the game. This time it's a sprocket. What next time? At some point they will have to move to something of real value.

What sprockets are worth is not the issue. The door has been opened. Would you have been happy if it had a chance to drop ectos or gold? What if it had a chance to drop a legendary?

It reminds me of the saying about Churchill where he is supposed to have asked a lady if she would sleep with him for a million pounds to which she replied yes. He then asked if she would sleep with him for 10 pounds. Insulted, she asked him what he thought she was. He replied "I have already determined that, I am just trying to figure out the price".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I haven't played GW2 in a couple of months. I bought 8 of each of the gathering tools. I do think that this is teetering on a dangerous edge. Items on the gem store were either sold as convenience or good looking items. My problem is that this item now sets 2 precedents. Firstly, it says that they could, at any time, "outdate" your stuff with something better. Secondly, and more importantly, this opens the door for things that can have a material impact on the game. This time it's a sprocket. What next time? At some point they will have to move to something of real value.

What sprockets are worth is not the issue. The door has been opened. Would you have been happy if it had a chance to drop ectos or gold? What if it had a chance to drop a legendary?

It reminds me of the saying about Churchill where he is supposed to have asked a lady if she would sleep with him for a million pounds to which she replied yes. He then asked if she would sleep with him for 10 pounds. Insulted, she asked him what he thought she was. He replied "I have already determined that, I am just trying to figure out the price".
    So you're gonna QQ for copper and thinking they're gonna give you tons of gold afterwards? nah.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    So you're gonna QQ for copper and thinking they're gonna give you tons of gold afterwards? nah.
    You totally missed the whole point he was trying to make. You sir get no points this round.

And I'm glad Gray Matter gets it. He's been about the only one smart enough to figure it out in this thread besides me. The rest of you....pfft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    alas, alas, how the point did pass
    over head, by wind, or by scorn

so terrible and dreadful the thread
    each post a new facepalm was born

alas, alas, with patience lost, we pressed on to /ignore
    but the posts kept on, tho laughs were had, the discussion became a bore

alas, alas,
    no more were left to tame the lame in him
    tho alas
    some laughs, we had some laughs
    from the cries, the whines, the derps of the zephyr storm
    That actually made me lol. But then I realized your post was worthless to the topic at hand. Come back when you have something above a grade school level retort.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what would you suggest to compensate Anet to still profit from GWII.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/44941

I lol'ed. =D

Although, if I had written something similar about Karizee, I'd get a ban.

Oh wait, that already happened. =/
    The double standards on these forums have been pointed out time and time again. The sad thing is, the mods and certain users still get away with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The double standards on these forums have been pointed out time and time again. The sad thing is, the mods and certain users still get away with it.
    Then report the posts and or talk to another mod if you feel a mod has done something wrong. Don't passively aggressively say it here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And what would you suggest to compensate Anet to still profit from GWII.
    Oh I dunno. Maybe they could start by not slapping people in the face for the sake of profit. They have already lost respect from a lot of people. They keep this up, and they'll lose even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Then report the posts and or talk to another mod if you feel a mod has done something wrong. Don't passively aggressively say it here.
    Was just pointing out a well known fact here on MMO champ. No need to get all butt hurt about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I dunno. Maybe they could start by not slapping people in the face for the sake of profit. They have already lost respect from a lot of people. They keep this up, and they'll lose even more.
    I wanted a suggestion not hyberbole.

Was just pointing out a well known fact here on MMO champ. No need to get all butt hurt about it.
    What many consider fact are really just their delusional opinion. I'm not butthurt at all but nice strawman.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Konata View Post
    You don't pay a sub fee. Get off your high horse.

Apple releases a new iPhone every year or so. Are they wrong for doing that? It's an upgrade [Usually]. You outgrow it, and if you aren't satisfied with the benefits from yours, buy the better one, if you feel like min-maxing, buy the new one. If not, stop complaining. It's a b2p game and it needs a steady cash shop to maintain itself.
    Yet another person who missed the point. *sigh*

What I find funny is most people only take away from this the part about people being upset that Anet released a newer and better tool. And not the part about how this could start a slippery slope in where it only gets worse from here. Cherry picking anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted a suggestion not hyberbole.

What many consider fact are really just their delusional opinion. I'm not butthurt at all but nice strawman.
    Keep telling yourself that bub.

Last i checked zephyr you can buy gems for in game gold. So whats the problem if u already payed cash for older mining picks. How about spend some of that gold u have been farming these past few months on the new pick instead of using ur hard earned money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Last i checked zephyr you can buy gems for in game gold. So whats the problem if u already payed cash for older mining picks. How about spend some of that gold u have been farming these past few months on the new pick instead of using ur hard earned money.
    The gold to gem conversion is shit.

And besides, that's not even the point. The point is if Anet is willing to do something like this now, then what will they be willing to do in the future? Go read the official forums. People are furious about this. And for very good reason. It starts things on a VERY slippery slope. Hell, you could say this shit even started when they tried selling T3 light human cultural armor on the gemstore. They were just smart enough then to renig on that decision. The fact that so many people on MMO champ are even remotely ok with this or seem not to care just goes to show that either A.) people are really dense or B.) are Anet/GW2 fanatics that think their favorite dev/game can do no wrong. Either case lends to a very bad scenario.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Watchwork-Pick

Hell, even some of the BIGGEST FANBOYS on the official forums are up in arms over this. And the vast majority of people seem to agree that Anet is testing the waters with this new gathering tool and that it sets a dangerous precedent for what may be to come. Instead of buying an unlimited tool for convenience, you'll be buying unlimited tools to gain an advantage over the people who don't have them. Hell, I wouldn't put it past Anet to turn the gathering tools on the gemstore into a vertical gear grind in and of itself, constantly trying to make you buy a newer and better tool every 6 months or so, or otherwise you fall behind the people who buy it and profit from it. It's just one step closer to pay to win. Honestly, people saying otherwise need to get their heads out of the sand.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-01-31 at 10:05 AM.

It seems this is more an upgrade item than anything else. Which is acceptable in most products- upgrading your gfx card, phone, wine subscription, et cetera.

There is no real rule I know of that say the items bought in the GW2 cash shop are the only & final incarnation of such.

One can decide to not buy this new item, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The gold to gem conversion is shit.
    Then you missed the point 0/10, game set and match gg wp no re.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I have to agree this sets a bad precedent. Convenience and cosmetic toys are what the Gem Store items should be about. Adding an extra bonus to an item like this above and beyond what's already been established in previous versions is the first step down a slippery slope. If they made all previous permanent harvesting tools have this same bonus, I'd be okay with that. But I just see that next it'll be an axe and a sickle with special bonus procs. Or a new salvage kit with an explicitly stated chance to pop ectos out beyond the usual rare salvage chances. And so on and so forth.