Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    OK ..... so, I have a problem. I dont know if it is my gear, or something I am doing wrong ......
    But today I was tanking garrosh with stam flask/food(gotta use them all or wasted money :/) ....... and in ph1, I was to have garrosh. Inititally, the other warrior tank managed to keep aggro on mobs, but from the 2nd wave onwards, I was getting aggro on all mobs(too much vengeance? ) ..... and I died on the 3rd mob wave.

Is there anything up with this?
    That's just your vengeance at work, since Blizzard nerfed vengeance from multiple mobs the Garrosh tank will have much more vengeance than the add tank. If you grab aggro on all the adds the warrior tank should just taunt Garrosh.
    He probably only managed to keep the first wave because he popped some cooldowns (for example bloodbath and dragons roar, two 1-minute cooldowns).

There is most certainly something up with that... namely, your raid is failing. There really shouldn't ever be more than on wave up at a time if everyone is doing what they're supposed to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    There is most certainly something up with that... namely, your raid is failing. There really shouldn't ever be more than on wave up at a time if everyone is doing what they're supposed to.
    I fail to see where does he say his raid gets more than a wave together.

Anyway yeah, if you have survability issues just have your mate taunt the boss. You should be able to survive it all with some CD management.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    He never said there was more than one wave of mobs up. Learn to read before you accuse other people of failing.

OK ..... so, I have a problem. I dont know if it is my gear, or something I am doing wrong ......
    But today I was tanking garrosh with stam flask/food(gotta use them all or wasted money :/) ....... and in ph1, I was to have garrosh. Inititally, the other warrior tank managed to keep aggro on mobs, but from the 2nd wave onwards, I was getting aggro on all mobs(too much vengeance? ) ..... and I died on the 3rd mob wave.

Vengeance is a proper dick in that Phase 1.

How we combatted it was basically doing this.

1. Tank A tanks Garrosh
    2. Adds Spawn
    3. Tank B grabs adds and brings to tank A
    4. Tank B taunts Garrosh, Tank A handles adds.
    5. Adds Spawn
    6. Tank A grabs adds and brings to Tank B.

And you repeat this 3-4 times depending on your DPS; and that way you almost never will have an issue with threat.

Or you just take turns tanking Garrosh+Adds with cooldowns, but that is a bit harder to pull off when progressing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking Garrosh and a wave of adds on normal is spiky at times but even when progressing on him wasn't an issue.
    Usually they should not last very long anyway. Nice dps boost
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

Don't spam AoE attacks... When the adds come, use singe target attacks, let the other tank build up enough threat. I usually start helping with AoE when they reach 50 % HP. If I get high threat, I just do single target attacks again. No problem.

Ahh . What i meant to ask is if there is something wrong with me if i am dying while tanking the adds, or if i should restrict my hits to garrosh only.

The first time i did garrosh flex, I had a monk tank with me who was having absolutely no issue in keeping aggro on the mobs, though maybe thats a monk thing.

But damn, Garrosh is way harder than any of the first 4 normal bosses(maybe even first 8 but I wouldnt know) on flex :S

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your gear and what cds you use I guess.
    As stated before, you can tank all at once if you are confident enough in your own survivability and your healers.
    This is something you find out after some tries on it.
    And yes, Garrosh is known for being harder than fights that are 1 mode harder.
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

I used goak on one wave, and survived it. Used ardent defender on the next wave, and died after it ran out. Didnt have anything else to use......
    The other phases are no issues.

Taunt swap the boss after every add spawn - every other suggestion (like no aoe wtf?) is nonsense.

Otherwise what you can do is pool holy power as the adds spawn and unleash them once the boss casts his shout - since that's when the adds start hurting really really bad.

Random note: The buffed adds hit so hard that they do give more vengeance than the boss on heroic.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Random note: The buffed adds hit so hard that they do give more vengeance than the boss on heroic.
    Btw this xpac made me laugh quite some times with adds or trash hitting for so much more than a lot of bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    Btw this xpac made me laugh quite some times with adds or trash hitting for so much more than a lot of bosses.
    And that is AFTER they completely gutted Vengeance gains from multiple sources.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And that is AFTER they completely gutted Vengeance gains from multiple sources.
    Yeah, it's not hilarious anymore to take lot of packs/mobs at once (remember IQ trash ?). OK it was broken, but now it's boring.

Speaking of which, at first I was reluctant to come back after a long break, but this way of tanking is actually quite fun and rewarding.
    Does someone somewhat know how the new vengeance thing on tanking spells will be applied ? This is not clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    Yeah, it's not hilarious anymore to take lot of packs/mobs at once (remember IQ trash ?). OK it was broken, but now it's boring.

Speaking of which, at first I was reluctant to come back after a long break, but this way of tanking is actually quite fun and rewarding.
    Does someone somewhat know how the new vengeance thing on tanking spells will be applied ? This is not clear to me.
    You will not get real Attack Power anymore; it's going to be like a type of "Ghost AP", as in it will work the same way as it works now to increase Eternal Flame / SoI procs / Sacred Shield, but it will have zero effect on your DPS.

All tanks will be made around 75% of an average DPS'ers DPS, which, in my opinion, is a decent change. I vengeance whore pretty hard this expac, but it really does feel wrong to try to stand in voidzones, /sit on bosses etc. I mean we needed it for several key kills in ToT don't get me wrong, but it's still weird.

Active Mitigation is my all-time favourite addition to the game though, I've always played tanks, and that change has meant the world for me, so. much. fun.

So no more tanks topping dps charts? :S

So no more tanks topping dps charts? :S
    Depends on whether or not you have dps that are doing less than 75% of what they could be doing

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Depends on whether or not you have dps that are doing less than 75% of what they could be doing
    Assuming, of course, that you're doing 100% of what you could be doing

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Assuming, of course, that you're doing 100% of what you could be doing
    I smash my buttons so hard I'm doing 110%

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    I smash my buttons so hard I'm doing 110%
    Don't forget to Hand of Protection your melee so that you look even better on the meters!

Edit: I did that to a rogue of ours during Iron Qon heroic, I ranked 3rd for that particular kill. He ranked 50th. After 2 Hand of Protections. I am a horrible person.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2014-02-07 at 06:55 PM.