Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    I agree with that, though i would have loved the bracers.
    Since i got the chest, is it still worth coining sha?
    Personally, I wouldn't, but I guess it depends on which shield you're using. I can't see what you're currently using (armory looks to be down), and which/if any Prot tier pieces you have, but since you said you don't have the Prot gloves, it might be worth saving your coins for Nazgrim when you get to him.

-edit-

Oh wait - I replied thinking you meant tier chest. I would probably still coin since the Ordos chest is pretty meh. If you don't have your 4P yet, doesn't hurt working your way towards it. That said, if you're debating over using your last coin on Sha or one of the other bosses, I would probably pick the latter.
    Last edited by pld; 2014-02-19 at 07:54 PM.

Reviving the thread again :S
    Here is my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ytank/advanced

I was wondering how to go about working on gemming/reforges/enchants. I have been using AMR's default prot paladin build (pve : control/haste one) . Should I change the weights to add more haste?
    Also, is the T16 2 set worth going for? Imo it isnt, but I cant judge for sure. I think the 4pc would be good for more SotR uptime, but again, not sure. Any help?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't go for JC stam gems in the first place (even more so when socket bonuses are str). Just put haste ones, your health pool is already fine.
    This can be the same for exp/haste gems. Depending your personal feelings, dropping some exp for haste can be nice.
    But I can see that you do not have so much haste items so maybe your set up is a fine compromise already.

About AMR I only swap places mastery and crit, and use it for reforges only. In the end you can still decide to "force" a reforge and it calculates the rest for you.

T16-2pc is average I'd say. I consider it as added to your other passives heals as I practically use DP on cd (when relevant). With all benefits and drawbacks passives heals bring.
    Although the 4pc is something you have to try. Some like it, some don't but I for one like it and wouldn't swap it for off set pieces.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    I wouldn't go for JC stam gems in the first place (even more so when socket bonuses are str). Just put haste ones, your health pool is already fine.
    This can be the same for exp/haste gems. Depending your personal feelings, dropping some exp for haste can be nice.
    But I can see that you do not have so much haste items so maybe your set up is a fine compromise already.

About AMR I only swap places mastery and crit, and use it for reforges only. In the end you can still decide to "force" a reforge and it calculates the rest for you.

T16-2pc is average I'd say. I consider it as added to your other passives heals as I practically use DP on cd (when relevant). With all benefits and drawbacks passives heals bring.
    Although the 4pc is something you have to try. Some like it, some don't but I for one like it and wouldn't swap it for off set pieces.
    Have to agree with Moussaka.

I recently swapped to 4P and it's been pretty great. I replaced HWF gear for normal tier in some slots, and the slight loss in haste really doesn't feel that bad (went from haste cap to about 20.8k haste). Being able to cast EF AND ShoR is just golden (and to answer OP - yes, it is better for more ShoR time. Roughly 6 HP a minute).

The only bad thing about the 4P IMO is that come WoD...I'll have to get used to playing without it again. Not sure why I held off on trying the 4P for so long.
    Last edited by pld; 2014-03-06 at 05:56 PM.

Well, so far i've just been hitting amr and implementing what it suggests. And i havent really thought anything was wrong except for the sugestion of stamina gems so i figured who cares. But since i've been getting better gear pieces, i thought i'd make the weight of gaste to stamina 5:1 and i get 41% haste (amr's default haste to stam weight is 1.12 to 1 if i read correct) so i wanted to ask. Ofc hit and exp caps are most important so i should keep them. However, upon adding new weights, amr suggested changing cloak enchant to 180 hit. In its favor, it suggested the haste jc gems and lot of 320 haste gems as well. So i guess i wanted to ask if he change is worth it because i will soon be killing garrosh and trying hcs with my friends and want to be ready
    Also about 2pc, isnt the heal redundant because it applies after the damage is taken? Or is it worth it because it smooths the job of your healers?

Well, i'll try to get some tier token soon. Generally the 2pc isnt tat worth us whati unferstand, so i dont need to swap out till i get the 4pc?

Also, should i do my reforging through amr using custom stat weights or do it some other way(like amr suggesting the 180 hit enchant is good enough?)? I could do it myself but dont want to spend my game time doing maths :P

And yeah, regemming when i next log on. Hope i have enough gems to craft ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Well , 2pc is really good on some fights, like Malkorok after you solo soak for example (can't think of anything else atm) But, imo 4pc is like a must , not like you can't do it without it, but it helps both your survival and DPS so much more. So if I were you, i'd try to get 4pc as soon as possible :P

And really, get rid of those stamina gems already!
    2P is also pretty nice for Iron Juggernaut and Galakras. Lots of fire damage.

Even at it's worst, the HoT from your 2P can give you an additional ~10% healing done (at least in my experience). While a majority of it may go into overheals, it's definitely not horrible if you're using pieces like Helm/Gloves which come with nice itemization to begin with.

As for stat weights...found a thread on Maintankadin that goes over it. I personally don't use AMR so I can't vouch for the info, but it's Theck so...

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...hp?f=6&t=33269

That thread is in jan 2013. Would it still be applicable?

I would imagine so. I can't think of any major changes that happened in the past two months that would affect stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by pld View Post
    I would imagine so. I can't think of any major changes that happened in the past two months that would affect stat weights.
    It is from 2013. That's over a year ago and is back from what, Tier 14? I'd say the relative value of Stamina would be much, much lower than what Theck has posted (Stamina 4, versus Haste 1.75).

Never mind, I'm all kinds of dumb right now

Actually those weight are acceptable for 25H undergeared progression. Personally I go with (AMR weights):
    hit - 1.02
    exp (to 7.5%) - 1.01
    haste (to 20260) - 1
    exp (7.5%-15%) - 0.75
    mast - 0.65
    armor/stam/str - 0.4
    crit - 0.3
    parry/dodge/haste(>20260) - 0.1
    Most of top pallys swap crit and mast though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    Also, should i do my reforging through amr using custom stat weights or do it some other way(like amr suggesting the 180 hit enchant is good enough?)?
    You can also use reforgelight addon. It has like AMR default builds for reforges and it's pretty simple to use.
    One thing about AMR is that I never let it do enchant/gemms for me, only reforges.
    Personally I use both when needed, to decide what will be best.
    As example I'll always want to have exp/hit caps then the more haste possible at whatever the cost of secondary stats. After that depends what room still left.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.