Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Seriously. There is ZERO point to these threads, there are close to no information about what they're doing with warriors in general, we do not know what theyre doing with stats and any answer you'll get will either be wrong or very wrong. And the information we do have is still subject to change, beta isn't even out.

Clearly if that was the case they would change Fury to not depend on critical strike rating so much.

There's no point to jumping to conclusions like this, this spec's play style has never stayed the same when an expansion was released.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2014-02-01 at 04:37 AM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Seriously. There is ZERO point to these threads, there are close to no information about what they're doing with warriors in general, we do not know what theyre doing with stats and any answer you'll get will either be wrong or very wrong. And the information we do have is still subject to change, beta isn't even out.
    I am still amazed by the fact that people think the developers are dumb enough to remove random aspects of the game and not rebalance accordingly.

Seriously, as much flak as these guys get, they can safely be called professionals. This does not mean they are infailable, and does not mean they have never make poor decisions/second guess their decisions later; but those situations are pretty rare, and often so minute many players never even notice, such as X spell incorrectly (not)benefitting from Y talent.

Now if this happened say during patch 5.4; I might be concerned, but a new expansion is the prime moment for such a change, especially with their intent to rebalance secondaries for most classes. Certainly no spec will be "killed".

Also for the sake of clarity; I currently have ~22k crit unbuffed; I get just over 6k from Gems and Enchants, and another 1600 from Reforging. Even if all of those were removed with no other rebalancing during current content I would still have enough crit for Fury to remain within what we on these forums generally consider Fury to be "playable" or "reliable". Meaning, competitive damage aside, the spec would certainly not be broken, killed or unplayable. This of course doesn't account for all the stat, balancing and gameplay changes that will be coming with WoD.

TLDR: Calm down and wait for WoD changes and Beta to be announced before you freak out. Well thought, educated reasoning is one thing; this thread is another entirely.

Remember, it was as recently as Cataclysm that Enrage simply procced. One change, and Crit falls back in line.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    I made a thread about this a while ago.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-speculation

The short and sweet of that monster thread is that there is no easy way to just reduce Fury's dependence on crit. It would require deleting what drives fury and redoing everything.

I don't think the crit reliance is a problem, all classes/specs feel awful to play the first tier for one reason or another. It's the same story in any RPG ever made, you start out wearing a pair of dirty underwear, there's a lot of empty gcd time, and you get your ass handed to you by a 3-legged yappy dog named 'princess.' By the end of the expansion you have 2 massive axes, 95% enrage uptime, and are killing gods/titans/bitches by the dozens.

That's just how the formula works. Ret pallys/dks bitch about haste breakpoints/scaling, fire mages whine about crit, and I don't know enough about other specs to say what they would bitch about, but I'm sure there's something.
    I remember following that thread, at least the first few pages. Still, to my thinking, Fury would work and scale better if not everything (Enrage damage buff, Enrage Rage gain, Raging Blow usage) was triggered by the same thing. From the perspective of "crit dependency," it's as good to bring crit down as bring haste up (which was the focus of that thread) and then rejigger the damage and coefficients so the spec scales appropriately driven most strongly by Str/AP which is most closely tied to increasing item level.

My guess is that they will either:

1: Bump up haste modifier for warriors, from the 150% that it is today, to 200%.
    2: With the dot revamp, add in the ability for bleeds to scale with haste. As I mentioned in that thread, that actually had the most significant boost in value to haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it will mean a required change, which is great. Maybe that will make Warriors actually enjoyable pre BiS gear instead of infuriating and reliant on a stat you cant get enough of. I have shelved my warrior for this very reason and it will remain dusty until they fix the class.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    This! Exactly this! wod is in alpha yet, wait for beta to complain...

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD was in alpha at blizzcon. Just not open. Beta isnt far off.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    WoD was in alpha at blizzcon. Just not open. Beta isnt far off.
    Which is exactly what he said. I don't know if I would even consider what we saw at Blizzcon to be Alpha even! We had access to half a dungeon, one zone, I think a handful of quests that most people didn't get time to do and couldn't even use our own characters. We had access to literally none of the new content aside from some character models and ilvl squish. Most players didn't even get but 10 minutes of play and half that was spent setting up their characters. My guildies and I were lucky to get about 40 minutes and cleared most of the (very easy at the time) dungeon.

Regardless, what he, Juni and others (*cough*) said is correct; this thread is pointless until at least Beta when we start to see what the actual mechanics changes and rating conversions turn out to be. How far away we are from Beta is irrelevant.

Deleted
    Same with all of these kinds of things, they'll just balance around it.

It's like DoT classes that say "oh but we need X haste for Y dot ticks." They'll just buff things to compensate.

With Fury Warriors, they'll most likely just give you more passive crit, increase BT/CS crit chances or a procc to increase crit chance on your next BT/CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Same with all of these kinds of things, they'll just balance around it.

It's like DoT classes that say "oh but we need X haste for Y dot ticks." They'll just buff things to compensate.

With Fury Warriors, they'll most likely just give you more passive crit, increase BT/CS crit chances or a procc to increase crit chance on your next BT/CS.
    They are definitely going to tweak Enrage. I spoke about this back at Blizzcon, how exactly remains to be seen but its definitely on their plate.