10 man Heroic Garrosh. Help for setup + T1

Hello

Wondering if there is anyone out there that wouldn't mind giving me a bit of help on figuring out the best setup my guild could have on Garrosh heroic, and also the best way we could deal with the first transition.

Rooster:
    - Blood dk
    - Guardian druid

- Resto-druid
    - holy pala
    - resto shaman
    - mistweaver monk

- mage (any spec)
    - spriest
    - warlock (any spec)
    - hunter (any spec)
    - feral druid
    - dk (any spec)
    - warrior (any spec)

Current setup
    blood dk + bear
    holy pala + resto druid
    fire mage, destro lock, fury warr, survival hunter, feral druid

In first transition we have this assignment:

4 - 5
    - 3 -
    1 - 2
    - X ---- spawnpoint

1: bear + holy palas aoe stun + locks aoe stun. Bear kills with slight help from lock.
    2: warrior with shockwave + aoe interupt shout, some help from lock
    3: blood DK one add, resto druid hearth of the wild feral form with fairy fire glyphed interupt + maim stun, feral druid skullbash/maim
    4: firemage, spriest, hunter. Binding shot stun all 3 first, then singleinterupts.
    5: warrior runs here once his group is dead, and then everyone helps kill it.

We have managed to push it at 24 once (in 2 nights =( ). Most of the time we are between 28 and 32.

Any comp that would work better, any strategy that would be more optimal for transition?

Biggest weakness atm is resto druid missing interrupt cause not long enough stun, holy pala missing timeing on aoe stun cause its cast, sometimes bear has low vengance and his group dies slowly, and in general that we dont push the room fast enough.

Atm we use pots + engineer enchant in this phase.
    Last edited by Neopold; 2014-01-31 at 12:22 AM.

You could swap the resto druid for the resto shaman. Cap totem in the first intermission is great, plus he'll have wind shear if needed. SLT and Healing Tide would be more useful depending on your strategy for P3.

Edit: I've never done it on 10 man though, so I probably can't offer up any more advice that would be relevant.
    Last edited by Zinge; 2014-01-31 at 12:26 AM.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

If you are pushing it at 24, you just need to go faster and do better.

I've heard that a bear should be able to dps down a group entirely himself with a stun. For the DK, you can dark sim the wolfrider's chain lightning at the end of P1 just before you enter Jade Temple for an instant 1.5-2m damage on a single group. Resto druid can use HotW + pot + hurricane to do 200k dps to a single group.

You can actually survive a bunch of casts going off. Healers usually have time to top people off after the adds die before the 1st annhilate. Focus on making the dps threshold--everyone should be dpsing, even healers, until Garrosh pulls.

Also you can just pull the first 3 groups and split the group into thirds then halves for the last 2 which is what we've done for our kill.

We run Brewmaster, hance, hunter, moonkin, disc on left. Prot Pally, Lock, Mage on right. Rogue + Mistweaver in center then rogue goes left for the back group and mistweaver goes right. We usually get it around 21-22.

Also someone needs to hit the boss the millisecond the boss is attackable or he will still gain energy even though every add is dead. I personally spam taunt on him if my side dies before the other.

In the end that warrior shouldn't be running shockwave its a massive dps loss. You need to work around people not using bad talents for the long run of the fight. And whatever side the warlock is on just stop dpsing adds under 20% so he can just instantly shadowburn them overall its better for the raid.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2014-01-31 at 12:46 AM.

Hunter should go BM. Beast Cleave with BW destroys adds. And make sure he use Binding Shot to stun 3 adds for 5s.

Deleted
    There are two ways to handle it, I suggest trying both ways:
    -Have everyone assigned to one of the 5 packs
    -Have everyone assigned to two of the 5 packs, so one of the first three and one of the two in the back room.

Small tips:
    -While grabbing the last orbs, have someone spam Garrosh to hit him as soon as his bubble pops, this usually makes a 1% difference.
    -You have two druids, use both Stampeding Roars
    -Have people preparing and saving their procs before they get pulled into the Jade Temple
    -Have healers dps; our resto druid pops cat and manages to pull half the dps of the bottom player in the Jade Temple

Thanks a lot for the replies. The attack him straight away is probably gonna do it for us, cause we have been more focused on getting buffs on people when the adds are dead. Looking back at some of the recordings I have of our attempts I see he gains quite a bit after last pack is dead on multiple attempts.

For the groups, we have tried to run a 5 group split, but that just ends up being instant wipe cause casts goes off. As far as I can see we simply do not have the aoe stuns and aoe interrupts for it. If anyone sees more useful ways to use our aoe stuns/interrupts than I do it would be great.

And we are alliance so no cheating with tauren/blood elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neopold View Post
    Thanks a lot for the replies. The attack him straight away is probably gonna do it for us, cause we have been more focused on getting buffs on people when the adds are dead. Looking back at some of the recordings I have of our attempts I see he gains quite a bit after last pack is dead on multiple attempts.

For the groups, we have tried to run a 5 group split, but that just ends up being instant wipe cause casts goes off. As far as I can see we simply do not have the aoe stuns and aoe interrupts for it. If anyone sees more useful ways to use our aoe stuns/interrupts than I do it would be great.

And we are alliance so no cheating with tauren/blood elfs.
    Our assignments are as following:

4 - 5
    - 3 -
    1 - 2
    - X ---- spawnpoint

1/2 - assigned to 2 and 3 people (one of the second group is disc priest)
    3 - assigned to monk tank+rogue
    5 - assigned to moonkin, spriest + healer for interrupts

The idea is that pack number 3 is getting annihilated by brewmaster, rogue and passing by moonkin and spriest, then rogue and brewmaster proceed to pack #4.

Also, I didn't understand if you're using engineering aoe cast interrupting pistol - that's alliances' substitute for blood elves.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=60223
    Last edited by Tanthalas; 2014-01-31 at 02:35 PM.