Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    f2p would be implemented in a patch or at latest the addon after WoD. Why? Its simple.

After they lose 1.3kk subs down to 8kk 2013, their profit goes down to 90kk Dollar - down from 2xx kk Dollar.

When WoD is finally released at end August - mid September, the subs would be beelding out maybe to 5-6 kk , so 1.5 - 2.5k lesser subs than now.
    This would make the profit fall down near zero.

WoD Launch would give some extra money, cus of the -in best case- 2kk sold copys. But it will be like MoP, when MoP released subs climbed up from 9kk to 10,3 k. We all know how much subs are right now, about 7-7,5kk , near 3 million losses. The subs will go maybe up again to 7kk, but after few months it goes down, like it goes down since WotLK. It will not take so long when they hit the 5kk subs, and they have to reduce turnover much to be profit with 5kk subs.

Why do u think they said at blizzcon they want to release every year a new expac? Cus they knew that the subs will be falling down to the point where there is no profit - and this is the main reason for a joint-stock company.

The game is getting really old, there are every few months new MMOs who maybe are not the size as WoW is, but enough to lure some bored and weary wow players to try it. Maybe for few months, maybe forever (=they are not coming back to wow).
    If Wildstar and Eso and Destiny only get 2kk WOW Players, which is not exaggerated much, what do u think would happen if at this time the subs go down to 4kk..

No news on a 4th shop button?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeuseason View Post
    Great. 25 totally random players mass running thru unknown content as fast as possible. Here's the scenario: go go go go wipe drop raid
    I believe the original quote refers to 5-man BC-ish level heroics not random players.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    What they should do:

Questing/World Events/Scenarios: X45 ilvl - Blue Gear
    Heroic Scenario (With Timed Event)/Normal 100 Dungeon - X55 ilvl - Blue Gear
    Heroic Dungeon (Without Timed Event)/LFR - X65 ilvl - Blue Gear
    Normal Raid - X75 ilvl - Purple Gear
    Heroic Raid - X85 - Purple Gear
    Mythic Raid - 95(105 WF) - Purple Gear

Holy crap guys...... I just solved a massive power creep..... can I get a job now?
    There's already to much gear layers, and you want to add more ? + it increases the exponential factor of the power curve...

what about just 4 lvl ?

Questing / scenario / normal dungeon
    Heroic dungeon / LFR
    Normal raid
    Mythic raid

With LFR / new dungeon as a catch up system for the next tier, the ilvl increase should not be massive.
    I don't understand why Blizzard want to keep the 4 raid difficulties pattern when 3 is more than enough (imho 2 is enough, but I guess removing lfr would be a bit extreme).

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Combination of them thinking arenas weren't "good" in BC despite massive reward levels and participation - and the cut for spots this season - really makes me not want to keep subbing for PvP.

Yes; It was imbalanced in PvP - but people felt like it was actually worth doing. 2's at least gave rewards (And had the same issues it had now - Honk honk.) and it's getting old that I see nothing but BC gladiator drakes over Cataclysm/MoP ones. Only WoTLK one I see now ways most likely due to model issues is Wrathful.
    The only reason more classes are viable is because of bad game mechanics that make it unfun. (Lava Burst Globals, Stupid Tanky Warriors, Ice Lance Spam, Unhealable Unholy Damage, LolHunterCC/Damage, Cyclone Spamming.)

After two patches of doing nothing but this crap I have no idea why the hell they think this is fine for an MMORPG end game PvP system.

wPvP zone doesn't provide similar rewards I'm out. I don't want to play this imbalanced crap anymore.
    The massive participation in arenas for TBC was due to the fact that the arena gear was actually BiS for PvE, especially weapons for melee. Will always remember doing arenas to get at least weapons and gloves (the effects like increasing crusader strike dmg, etc...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    The massive participation in arenas for TBC was due to the fact that the arena gear was actually BiS for PvE, especially weapons for melee. Will always remember doing arenas to get at least weapons and gloves (the effects like increasing crusader strike dmg, etc...).
    Yeah, arena gloves were nice to have as holy pally as well for that 2% crit chance on Flash of light as well.
    MMO player

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    M rating pretty much just means the game has "intense" violence or sexual content.

You don't need an M rating to tell a mature story.

None of the Warcraft games have had an M rating.
    M rating means more than just those 2 things , have u ever played witcher 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Fuck yes. I absolutely love, and also looking forward to most of these changes.

Lets just hope Blizzard doesn't go any furtherer with the Shop. The line has already been crossed.
    I really don't get why there's still hate for the shop. Honestly we already have tons of max levels who have no idea what they're doing so buying 90s isn't going to be a big deal. But please explain more reasons as to why this is bad.

On topic: love these changes, really psyched for WoD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness77 View Post
    M rating means more than just those 2 things , have u ever played witcher 2?
    M rating means (quote from the ESRB site): "May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language."
    MMO player

The PVP changes look really good.

"Arena prep times might be slightly too long." Perhaps they should let the people decide, and add a ready check button?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    M rating means (quote from the ESRB site): "May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language."
    Ooooh Jaina Proudmoore sexual content? With the new character models, meow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagamier View Post
    Ooooh Jaina Proudmoore sexual content? With the new character models, meow.
    WoW is T rated. I'm not saying WOD will be M rated either.
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    "There is still an audience for Burning Crusade difficulty Heroic dungeons. One idea that came up for Warlords of Draenor was having a speed challenge that would offer a chance of LFR level rewards. This would give players that wanted more challenging content a way to do harder content with friends and still be rewarded well."

Oooookaaaaay......so uhm.....like challenge modes with gear rewards? Seems a little odd. Why not just make a harder than heroic difficulty with better gear and call it a day?
    lol I was a bit lost too

10+ Year Old Account
    oh you silly droid's you don't know what you want beside stuff that all for you like say harder heroics? i for one don't want to queue up in raid gear wait 40mins or more! and then spend 2 or 3 hours in a heroic, i'm surprised most of you want that which is very mind boggling, think before speaking droid's!

For a game that doesn't plan to go F2P anytime soon sure likes to use the F2P MODEL a lot for that extra cash.........

And it won't be hard to have a harder and darker story than MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no plans for going free to play right now, as they are happy with the current business model.
    No shet, sherlock !

Money with the free-to-play store and money with the sub.

Damn right they are happy !

Deleted
    Blizzard said "In MoP, damage is too high for player health pools so resil lowers damage. In WoD health pools will be relatively bigger."

I thought health pools were going to be scaled down, now they say it's going up???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desbris View Post
    I thought health pools were going to be scaled down, now they say it's going up???
    Keyword is "relatively". HP may go down, but if damage goes down even more, the relative HP pool goes up.
    MMO player

The long queue times are due to the fact that every Horde player with a brain blacklists Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest. Proof? Un-blacklist them and the queue will pop in about 2 minutes, and guess which BG it will be.

This speed challenge idea ....

They forgot some important thing about TBC: Not every TANK had an aoe tankspell back in the days and you know what? AGGRO was a problem, even for healers god damnit. THIS was the challenge. Looking at your group and overthink what we had there. A warlock and a tankwarrior..oh fuck here comes the seed of AoeAggroPainInTheAss. Cleave hit only 3 and thunderclap 4 targets. Only paladins had a godly aoe tankspell. This was hard. Tanking as a warrior in shattered citadel with less cc or even NO cc sometimes. But is was goddamn fun. Except for the healer, I think some died because of stress