Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Upcoming New Character Model Preview, Jan 21 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets

Travis Day on Legendary Drop Rates

Welcome Europe to the Hearthstone Open Beta

Upcoming New Character Model Preview
    It looks like the previously mentioned new character model preview is coming on Thursday or Friday!

Patch 5.4.2 Hotfixes - January 21
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Resolved an issue for the following abilities that resulted in damage being calculated incorrectly when used against targets with a greater than 75% reduction to damage from armor.
      • Guardian Druids with greater than 75% damage reduction from Armor were getting less than the intended amount of Vengeance. Now they will gain the correct amount.
      • Beast Cleave (Beast Mastery Hunter)
      • Storm, Earth, and Fire (Windwalker Monk)
      • Blade Flurry (Combat Rogue)
      • Sweeping Strikes (Arms Warrior)
      • Warrior Tier-16 2 piece set bonus
    • Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Talents
        • Soul of the Forest (Restoration) should no longer incorrectly grant a haste effect from failed attempts to cast Swiftmend on targets that are under a Cenarion Ward's healing effect.

Quests
    • The Trident of Naz'jan: Resolved an issue that caused Ragnar Drakkarlund to not respawn correctly in certain situations.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • For an in-depth explanation of recent changes please see the forum thread from Watcher, Lead Encounter Designer titled: Upcoming Siege of Orgrimmar Changes.
      • Galakras
        • Reduced health on various ranking officials (High Enforcer Thranok and Korgra the Snake) and foot soldiers (Dragonmaw Bonecrusher, Dragonmaw Flagbearer, and Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman) by about 15% on Flexible and 10-player Normal difficulties.
      • Thok the Bloodthirsty
        • Thok the Bloodthirsty's Defeaning Screech now deals 10% less damage on Flexible, 10-player Normal, and 10-player Heroic difficulties.
        • Thok the Bloodthirsty's Shock Blast now deals 10% less damage on Flexible, 10-player Normal, and 10-player Heroic difficulties.
      • Siegecrafter Blackfuse
        • Automated Shredders' health has been reduced by 10%, and its Overload ability now deals 10% less damage on Heroic difficulty.
        • Crawler Mines now have 20% less health on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
        • Disassembled Crawler Mines, Deactivated Electromagnets, Deactivated Laser Turrets, and Deactivated Missle Turrets now have 20% less health on Heroic difficulty.
        • Electromagnet's Magnetic Crush ability now deals 15% less damage on Heroic difficulty.
        • Laser Turret's Superheated damage-over-time effect now deals 25% less damage on Heroic difficulty.
      • Paragons of the Klaxxi
        • Hisek the Swarmkeeper's Multi-Shot ability now deals 20% less damage on Heroic difficulty.
        • Iyyokuk the Lucid's Insane Calculation: Fiery Edge now deals roughly 10% less damage on Heroic difficulty.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Recent Ban Wave
    We have recently taken action against a number of accounts for the use of third party programs. Such programs not only give their users an unfair advantage, but are a violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use, and go against the spirit of fair play. Due to our policies on the protection of player privacy, we’re unable to discuss specifics except directly with those whose accounts have had action taken against them. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Connected Realms Update - 22/01
    Bladefist been taken off the connection date again?
    Unfortunately it's been temporarily postponed. Haomarush and Dragonmaw was on the list too, and that's also been delayed. I'll let you know as soon as they're back on the schedule, sorry for the hold-up guys. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Free Character Migrations - Update
    We've extended the availability of these transfers until Friday, January 24, at 10:00 a.m. PST. The announcement blog has been updated. Please be aware that early closure is still a possibility if the destination realms fill up. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Character / Items
    So is it you that I need to poke to fix the Argent Charger/Ebon Hold Gryphon not being account wide?
    Hey, I hotfixed this. Should be live soon. Thanks for mentioning! (Dave_Maldo)
    BAD NEWS! Data was fixed but when pushed LIVE made a mess. T_T Have to wait for a patch & new tech/DB crawl. (Dave_Maldo)

Xmog question. Thoughts on opening up FoS for Vanilla GM PvP Gear account wide? Have the FoS on my priest, want to Xmog Pally.
    Up to item peeps. Doesn't seem to jive w/ their current thinking but who knows. (Dave_Maldo)

Any chance of us ever being able to do Dragon Soul LFR higher than 85? Really nice xmog sets in there!
    Unlikely that it'll just be opened up as is, but future system changes may make such viable. Until then, grab some friends! (Dave_Maldo)

Still xmog query, what about making tier sets complete. Like dk tier 10.25 or warrior tier 10.5?
    I often pester the poor item peeps about that sort of thing. I hope one day we can do a comprehensive cosmetic gear pass. (Dave_Maldo)

PvP
    will there be a new mount available with the achieve "glorious combatant"? Just got my tiger & love love love it.
    Unfortunately, there won't be. It's going to be a little unorthodox content-wise. (Source)
    thank you for the reply!
    The idea behind them is that since they are character only, you may want to do it next season for an alt. (Source)
    will there be an adjustment so I can solo pve mobs easier or will I have to collect a pve set to do pve things? I assume the latter
    Even at ilevel 522 the PvP gear is pretty good for killing world mobs. But the new PvP gear will have a higher ilevel. (Source)

I know WoD brings a new PvP zone, are we going to see any new bg maps? Not a new game type but maybe (ex) AB gameplay but new map?
    We're focusing our bg efforts for launch on the tools side (so we can make bgs faster) and creating Ashran. (Source)

Is it in the plans to add a 500k and 1 million hk's achievement by the launch of WoD?
    We won't add those until we find a good way to fix the HK farming that goes on in battlegrounds like IoC. (holinka)

Iron Skyreaver - Exclusive Mount Now Available
    The Skyreaver was added to the Battle.Net shop yesterday.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Bred for war by brutal Iron Horde beastmasters and girded for battle in black steel and smoldering flame, the monstrous Iron Skyreaver suffers only the most fearsome of masters to ride it. Like a blazing comet foretelling doom and fiery destruction, hurtle down from the heavens upon this epic mount to herald your own campaign of conquest!

The Iron Skyreaver is now available for purchase from within the Battle.net Shop and the in-game Shop! Once purchased, the mount will be available to all present and future characters on a single Battle.net account.
    Last edited by chaud; 2014-01-23 at 07:30 AM.

Deleted
    Hair on a human female maybe???!!!

"Bred for war by brutal Iron Horde beastmasters and girded for battle in black steel and smoldering flame, the monstrous Iron Skyreaver suffers only the most fearsome of masters with a major credit card to ride it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Human female?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andawen View Post
    Hair on a human female maybe???!!!
    I was thinking the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of human male/female type hair.

Watch it be the Human Female

- - - Updated - - -

Has to be human female.
    no other race has hair like that

Female Draenei hair. You heard it from me first!

What if.... what if they reveal all the small hinted ones at Blizzcon and Human Females..... thats like.... well over half the models.

Any chance of us ever being able to do Dragon Soul LFR higher than 85? Really nice xmog sets in there!
    Unlikely that it'll just be opened up as is, but future system changes may make such viable. Until then, grab some friends! (Dave_Maldo)
    I think Dave missed the point there. The point is that DS LFR had unique colour schemes on the gear, and since we can't do DS LFR at 86 or above, we can't get those colours, leaving 1 level out of 90 where that gear is available.

For that ban wave and program they use, it is like what they use to duel box, program that just copies key strokes or have same macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    For that ban wave and program they use, it is like what they use to duel box, program that just copies key strokes or have same macro?
    No it does everything for you. You press and do nothing (presumably.)

undead female....

they did say that with new models comes new hair and acessories for most models.

whoose to say its not Tuaren male hair doo.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    No it does everything for you. You press and do nothing (presumably.)
    thats for what they got bad for right

human female /yawn

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely Human female, seeing Draenei and Blood Elves are not as high a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    thats for what they got bad for right
    Yes thats what they got banned for.