Poll: Would you like GW2 more like original?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i do. Although i think GW2 is a very good game on its own (dislike this "Living Story" thing though) i wish it was more like GW1, especially in the lobby like towns/instanced world and the cross profession system was pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Yes i do. Although i think GW2 is a very good game on its own (dislike this "Living Story" thing though) i wish it was more like GW1, especially in the lobby like towns/instanced world and the cross profession system was pretty awesome.
    The whole world was freaking instanced. That wasn't great IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If the game was more like what they sold, vs what it is now, it would be a lot more fun and original. I'd probably still be playing, though the game did lack something, since I was able to quit and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I lost my account and can't get it back :'(
    I think mine is forever lost as well. I've tried to log in from time to time and every time it says there is a problem with my account. I've emailed ArenaNet support three times about it and have never received a reply.

Deleted
    If it wasn't so expensive for the original plus expansions I'd go back and play through Gw1 - i never gave it a proper chance at the time. Its still awfully expensive for a 10 year old game though, even if it is good value, content-wise.
    The only reason I am still playing GW2 is I find the combat really fun and i don't have anything else atm. I'm not a big pvp player and GW2 offers very little else. I cant see me continuing after completing my legendary and ascended armor as things stand, regardless of what else i have available to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats a personal thing for me. I enjoy that. Not saying it is the best thing ever in a MMO and i'm sure alot if not most people think the exact opposite, but i liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I think mine is forever lost as well. I've tried to log in from time to time and every time it says there is a problem with my account. I've emailed ArenaNet support three times about it and have never received a reply.
    Hate to break it to ya', but AernaNet has the best support ever! You must have done something wrong.

Er, that is what everyone had to say, when I said ArenaNet has the worst customer support ever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Hate to break it to ya', but AernaNet has the best support ever! You must have done something wrong.

Er, that is what everyone had to say, when I said ArenaNet has the worst customer support ever...
    No, EA/Origin has the worst Customer Support
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    If it wasn't so expensive for the original plus expansions I'd go back and play through Gw1 - i never gave it a proper chance at the time. Its still awfully expensive for a 10 year old game though, even if it is good value, content-wise.
    The only reason I am still playing GW2 is I find the combat really fun and i don't have anything else atm. I'm not a big pvp player and GW2 offers very little else. I cant see me continuing after completing my legendary and ascended armor as things stand, regardless of what else i have available to play.
    It dose not cost that much to get all the GW1 content.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/gui...llection/98664

If you can find someone selling the complete collection it costs around $30. Gamestop is sold out it seems.

Ontopic: No I don't I personally like how GW2 is setup more then GW1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The whole world of GW2 is also instanced, each zone and even the living story is divided by a load screen. The difference is the people who are around you aren't limited to party only. GW2 isn't seamless. It is just like its predecessor
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

yeah, this is the first time I've dealt with ArenaNet with support. And it's strange though that I've had a couple issues with NCSoft and they responded back right away. But no so with ArenaNet.

EA takes the cake of worst support ever though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole world of GW2 is also instanced, each zone and even the living story is divided by a load screen. The difference is the people who are around you aren't limited to party only. GW2 isn't seamless. It is just like its predecessor
    That's what I like. You don't have to party up.

Warrior-Magi

EA takes the cake of worst anything with video games.
    Fixed that for you

- - - Updated - - -

I also miss heroes and mercenary's. In your personal story some heroes join you on a certain quest and then they sit in your home instance forever saying the same thing and doing nothing.

I miss it so.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I also miss heroes and mercenary's. In your personal story some heroes join you on a certain quest and then they sit in your home instance forever saying the same thing and doing nothing.

I miss it so.
    Give it time and it will be added to GW2 as well and no one will ever need to do dungeons with people lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

mercs will never be added to gw2, you would have to redesign the whole game for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Give it time and it will be added to GW2 as well and no one will ever need to do dungeons with people lol.
    I think it was in Cata or Wrath, someone suggested that for WoW.

I wanted to hit him for that.

Warrior-Magi

What I mostly miss are the missions from GW1, you run through the area and do the mission as in GW2 it feels more like "Meh I'll do my personal story if I want to or if I have time" but I do like the interactions between you and the story, I realy miss the missions from GW1.

I do hope that they are going to add some things from GW1 to GW2 also hoping for more classes(or even a race) in the future.

Deleted
    There are some aspects of GW2 I enjoy more than GW1 and vice versa. I've certainly played GW2 much more than I have GW1 simply because when I bought the original on a whim, I was far more involved with WoW than I currently am. The result was I didn't play half as much as I'd have liked back then and simply haven't revisited it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    GW1 audience: people with brains

GW2 audience: comatose patients
    Not really... it took quite sometime for me to know how to get legendary and how some of those forges and crafting work in gw2.
    And there are still people daily in my guild asking how to do this and that... and even more people who ask how to get a legendary.
    Its complicated process especially for a new player.
    Even the dungeon armor gathering was tiny bit complicated at first but once you know what dungeons drop what tokens and you are good to go... i didnt bother with those for many months. And legendary took alot more researching to figure out how to get one... it ends up requiring a pre-weapon that drops from world bosses and after that you need tons of materials to make it.

Same thing with gw1... the story side was complicated to do with the henchman first but few years later i managed to continue it, maybe it got nerfed i dont know... but still at some point you come upon quests in gw1 which proves to be a brickwall unless you have a grp of players to do it with. Some are impossible with henchman if your character doesnt have good gear.

I think it was in Cata or Wrath, someone suggested that for WoW.

I wanted to hit him for that.
    Don't get me wrong im not suggesting it I just know sooner or later it will happen.