Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Making money with JC and enchanting

I leveled those professions once to get money, but shuffling ghost iron ores were not profitable at all, I lost money instead for thousands of gold. Gems coming from shuffling do not sell at all, except very few exceptions and even they are just few gold. I had to vendor all gems.

I didnt even figure out how to even attempt at making profit with enchanting. How do people earn money with those professions?

Also what are the best ways to make gold without professions? I dont understand how to "play ah". Everytime I try to look for items that are cheaper than the general price, there are zero items that are actually cheaper and if there are there are only one or two items that are few silver cheaper, I cant make money from that.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2014-01-31 at 11:11 AM.

You vendored all your gems? I don't think you were shuffling ore properly.

Deleted
    How can it be done differently? Prospect ore then sell the gems, if the gems dont sell then vendor is only option.

Farming seems slow, even if I managed to get like 2000 gold per hour, it is still very slow. I want gold cap so I can buy items from BMAH so I need best way to get gold.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2014-01-31 at 12:15 PM.

It's not possible to shuffle ore on my server at a profit, possible it's true on yours as well. I make about 1k profit for about 20 mins effort with enchanting none the less, but if your server is anything like mine, you'll find both Enchanting and Jewelcrafting to be the weakest gold making professions.

I know, stark change from a few expansions ago, right?

I make most of my gold through inscription now, about 2-3k profit for 30-40 mins effort
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Is it worth it to level mining and farm ghost iron? I could level another professions if I had gold but I dont have any gold at the moment.

Farming professions should always be able to yield gold.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Yeah but the goal is gold cap, so I need method that is actually viable. I want to get gold cap in weeks, not in months or years.

I learned mining and farmed ghost iron for 20 minutes and gained for about 4-6g worth of iron ores. Mining is not way to make gold.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2014-01-31 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Yeah but the goal is gold cap, so I need method that is actually viable. I want to get gold cap in weeks, not in months or years.
    You're starting at a bad time.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    I have ran hellfire citadel few times and pulled all mobs and then looted all at once, it gives few dozen gold per run, What is the best dungeon for chain pulling and has best loot to vendor or even sell at AH?

I am almost positive that people who are at goldcap, or have hit it multiple times will tell you, that gold capping late in an expansion is very difficult, and nearly impossible in 7 weeks or less.

Deleted
    Then how to get gold cap in few weeks at the start of an expansion?

Then how to get gold cap in few weeks at the start of an expansion?

Easyest way is make sure you have about 5 scribes and 1 alt with herbalism. For first 2-3 months so first 3-4 Darkmoon Fairs everyday you'll have to spamm for Scribe daily CD which is needed for DMF cards ---> trinkets. If you did you daily CD on all scribe and farmed herbs milled them and made enough of Green quality ink to make cards you can easly make 500k ( In first DMF) and more depend on prices and how much time you had from start of expansion until first DMF.

That's one way, other ways are mats for proffesions, BoE epics everything will sell for insane prices at start of expansion and ppl will buy it. Especially BoE blue items with high IL and BoE epic will be bought by guilds going for progress race.

But as said you can make 1-2 mil gold in first lets say 3 DMF, depends how many sribes you have and did you used all daily CD's and from them did you managed to make all the cards. Cause bear in mind having 5 scribes from 1 DMF to another you'll make around 100-120 cards, which will req alot of herbs.

Also transmutes what is now Living Steel equivalent to WoD's LS will sell for like 1-3k in first couple weeks.

Biggest profit is on DMF trinkets/cards and BoE items. Other stuff will sell for high prices aswell.
    It's also worth storing some items and reselling them later in WoD. Just look at Hypnotic dust and Embersilk cloth, back in cata they were both going under 1g. Now Hypnotic dust is 10-25g per dust and cloth 3-6g per cloth sometimes even more.

- - - Updated - - -

I leveled those professions once to get money, but shuffling ghost iron ores were not profitable at all, I lost money instead for thousands of gold. Gems coming from shuffling do not sell at all, except very few exceptions and even they are just few gold. I had to vendor all gems.

I didnt even figure out how to even attempt at making profit with enchanting. How do people earn money with those professions?

Also what are the best ways to make gold without professions? I dont understand how to "play ah". Everytime I try to look for items that are cheaper than the general price, there are zero items that are actually cheaper and if there are there are only one or two items that are few silver cheaper, I cant make money from that.

Ench and JC profit depends on your realm population, but it's also cruical you know the market you'r going into. For example you might have bought most expensive ore in last couple weeks. Also make sure you look at gems if lets say Ore is going for 40g per stack and most of cut gems ( red/green/orange/purple/yellow) are going for 45g+ then each time you get blue quality gem out of prospect you'll make profit. Make sure you limit your self to buying ore at specific price unless you have stupid gem prices and rly low ore then go crazy. You also have to craft variety of gems that will give you profit, if there's Wicked Vermilion Onyx on AH for 200g and you have 10 Vermilion Oynx making 10 of Wicked will eventually give you profit but they wont sell for 200g and they wont sell immediatly, so you have to craft some others which you think are worth going for. Also make sure you look at gem stats aswell, it's pointless crafting gems like idk hit/dodge if they barely sell but their price is high. Craft most common used one. With prospecting you'll gem shit ton of green quality mats you can either make neck/rings and DE them, you can make Primal Diamonds if you have Spirit of Harmony, and you can transmute them into blue quality gems if you have transmute master and your own supply of Golden Lotus.

Enchanting same again mostly commonly used enchs sell the most. Always look for a good Sha of Crystall deal sometimes ppl know to sell it for stupid prices and then you can flip them into wep enchs or bracer ench and make 200-300% profit on them. Make sure you also look at price of mats vs ench scrolls. And try to ind holes in enh market, sometimes you wouldn't believe how much ppl are paying for ench that actually cost 3g, example of that on my server Crit on Cloak ppl are paying 100g per ench and mats to make it costs 5g.
    Low lvl twink enchs not sure if they'r that profitable but some are still that didn't get screwed with IL scaling so now ppl are buying MoP enchs for heilroom gear.

You can also sell Necks/rings on AH as they can provide some nice profit. Sometimes not crafting rings is more profitable since you can sell Tiger Opal for high prices depends how much is on your server.
    Last edited by Monoroth; 2014-02-01 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    I cant level 5 scribes unless i have like 50 000 gold, also can I get all required mats for trinkets from 1 alt? or are mats bop like spirit of harmony?
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2014-02-01 at 04:20 PM.

Actually, once you get the first herb/scribe the others are much easier since you can trade in top level inks for lower ones.

Deleted
    I need like 50 000 gold now to level professions. What is the most reliable and fastest way to get 50 000g?

Deleted
    if you're low on gold, there's no way you can effortlessly make gold fast.

Level herbalism, use that to farm all the mats required to level inscription. use that to make a bit of profit, use that profit to make another scribe, or, if you have the time, use the 1st herber to farm max level herbs and trade those in for the mats for other scribes.

most reliable way to make 'fast' gold at this point in an expansion is to farm. if you managed 6g in 20 mins of mining, then you quite clearly are doing something wrong. get the miner to max level, farm ghost iron, it's EASY to farm 600 ore per hour, and even @ 30g/stack, that's 900g per hour which you can then re-invest into something a little less time consuming.

If you're new to making gold, do NOT expect to make it fast, there's quite a bit to learn, mostly the actual market that you're in, and what niches you can find to turn a tidy profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's not possible to shuffle ore on my server at a profit, possible it's true on yours as well. I make about 1k profit for about 20 mins effort with enchanting none the less, but if your server is anything like mine, you'll find both Enchanting and Jewelcrafting to be the weakest gold making professions.

I know, stark change from a few expansions ago, right?

I make most of my gold through inscription now, about 2-3k profit for 30-40 mins effort
    On my server its quite the opposite. I make 10-30k a day shuffling depending on the day. In scription makes next to nothing though

OP, you don't even have 50k gold, but you want to get to gold cap (the 999k cap, I assume), in a few weeks?

So far with the information you provided, you are either incapable of playing the money making game, and are unwilling to learn, or the economy on your realm is just really bad. You can't properly shuffle ore without enchanting, yet you have never used your enchanting in the shuffling process - but are already willing to say shuffling is losing you money?

Either way, there isn't much you can do.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-02-01 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yearh at this time in expansion you won't make gold from shufling ores.

lets take an example from my server.
    I did this not long ago to try check what i could make

Bought 5000 ores for 4 gold each
    got around 90 rare gems 520 uncommon gems
    The rare gems sold for approximately 8-10g each
    the uncommon gems i made into around 80 rings(due to not enough serpents eyes) and disenchanted
    last 40 was vendored cause ah price would give the same

So, so far ive made 924g

The ring turns into on average 2-3 etheral shards this is 200g
    they sell for 15g each

so basicly with shufling ores i made 3924g but used 20k

at this time in expansion and on my server it is far from worth it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Yearh at this time in expansion you won't make gold from shufling ores.

lets take an example from my server.
    I did this not long ago to try check what i could make

Bought 5000 ores for 4 gold each
    got around 90 rare gems 520 uncommon gems
    The rare gems sold for approximately 8-10g each
    the uncommon gems i made into around 80 rings(due to not enough serpents eyes) and disenchanted
    last 40 was vendored cause ah price would give the same

So, so far ive made 924g

The ring turns into on average 2-3 etheral shards this is 200g
    they sell for 15g each

so basicly with shufling ores i made 3924g but used 20k

at this time in expansion and on my server it is far from worth it.
    4 gold per ore seems a little high. Also Kyparite is the forgotton ore, and it is also MUCH cheaper.

Cut rare gems sell for 8-10g each? You don't sell them uncut.

You don't cut the rings that require serpent eyes. You cut the rings and necklaces that don't require them and DE them into dust. Turn the dust into profitable scrolls. However you can make a few rings necklaces that require serpent eyes. These rings usually sell for about 400g a piece. DEing them is a huge loss.

The serpent eyes you use for your daily Serpent's Heart. You can also sell some serpent eyes. I sell them for no less than 40g a piece when the market is asking for that price, otherwise I save them for the daily Serpent Heart.

There will be some vendoring, typically only River's Heart.

Obviously all of this varies by server.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-02-01 at 08:18 PM.