Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Items that require for X reagents, do not sell for more than the reagents. For that reason I have never understood how to "play ah", if I try to buy reagents to create sha crystal, the price of the sha crystal is the same as reagent cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Items that require for X reagents, do not sell for more than the reagents. For that reason I have never understood how to "play ah", if I try to buy reagents to create sha crystal, the price of the sha crystal is the same as reagent cost.

Right. But 3 Sha Crystals are made into a wrist scroll that sells for more than the cost of the mats. On my server wrist scrolls ALWAYS sell more than the 3 sha crystals. Right now the 3 crystals cost 450 gold on my server, but the scroll is selling for 800g. That almost doubles my gold.

The addon tradeskillmaster scans the AH and tells you where the profits are. If wrists scrolls aren't profitable then it will tell you what is based on the cost of the mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    4 gold per ore seems a little high. Also Kyparite is the forgotton ore, and it is also MUCH cheaper.

Cut rare gems sell for 8-10g each? You don't sell them uncut.

You don't cut the rings that require serpent eyes. You cut the ones that don't require them and DE them into dust. Turn the dust into profitable scrolls. However you can make a few rings that require serpent eyes. These rings usually sell for about 400g a piece. DEing them is a huge loss.

The serpent eyes you use for your daily Serpent's Heart. You can also sell some serpent eyes. I sell them for no less than 40g a piece when the market is asking for that price, otherwise I save them for the daily Serpent Heart.

There will be some vendoring, typically only River's Heart.

Obviously all of this varies by server.
    Ye selling cut gems won't happen. this server is way too big no one buys cut anymore but a selected few or in the rare case its actually cheaper than uncut.

Did not see there was some other rings must have missed those does still not change the fact the loss is too great on my server kyparite cost the same as ghost iron ore on my server.

but yearh could have off made a little bit more. did this mostly as a test don't really cared about the loss cause i don't really care about gold in wow. have 25k atm
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Right. But 3 Sha Crystals are made into a wrist scroll that sells for more than the cost of the mats. On my server wrist scrolls ALWAYS sell more than the 3 sha crystals. Right now the 3 crystals cost 450 gold on my server, but the scroll is selling for 800g. That almost doubles my gold.

The addon tradeskillmaster scans the AH and tells you where the profits are. If wrists scrolls aren't profitable then it will tell you what is based on the cost of the mats.
    So I only need addon to find out what I need to make?

So I only need addon to find out what I need to make?
    All the millionaires use tradeskillmaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Ye selling cut gems won't happen. this server is way too big no one buys cut anymore but a selected few or in the rare case its actually cheaper than uncut.

Did not see there was some other rings must have missed those does still not change the fact the loss is too great on my server kyparite cost the same as ghost iron ore on my server.

However, according to the undermine journal the average price for a Reckless Vermillion Onyx is 120g on The Maelstrom EU. This would indicate people do buy cut gems.

but yearh could have off made a little bit more. did this mostly as a test don't really cared about the loss cause i don't really care about gold in wow. have 25k atm
    It all depends on the server, I guess. Right now on my realm the average price for a stack of Ghost Iron is 33g. The average prospect value is about 98 gold. This would more than double my money.

However according to the undermine journal, the average price for a Reckless Vermillion Onyx on The Maelstrom EU, is 120g. This would imply that there is a market for cut gems on your realm. Additionally, Kyparite, on average is cheaper than Ghost Iron Ore on your realm.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-02-01 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Please note on my server rarely is it good to sell finished product cause since its so big people jsut ask in guild or in chat and gets it done far cheaper if they bring the mats.
    These are the prices on stuff on my server before ah taxes: the only thing that really makes gold on this server is engineering

Tailoring/enchanting
    Sha crystal = 135g~
    Etheral shard = 20g
    Mysterious essence = 10g
    spirit dust = 1,3g

enchant - cost to make - ah listing
    Dancing steel - 1365,6 - 1498 (13 listed but usually never sells)
    Jade Spirit - 1390 - 1572 (6 listed)
    wrist enchant - 405 - 425 (5 listed)

windwool cloth = 69 silver
    bolt = 4,68g or 3,45 if buying cloth

epic belt - 724,5 (5297 using spirit of war) - 4700 (hard to sell. belieave me tried for 2 month now for 2000g)(basicly stopped making celestial cloth due to it)

Engineering
    ghost iron ore = 2g (nice they have dropped since last)
    ghost iron bar = 3,5g

Jard perculier energy shard = 35g
    Sky golem 10k + living steel

~300g profit per day

Can't be arsed checking the rest but I hope you get the idea. my server is far from profitable. From those i know on server that plays the ah, they say the make money of transmog. rest is not profitable.
    I make my money of engineering with 2 sky golems per month (soon 3)
    I use my gold on optimizing and gearing 6 lvl 90's

- - - Updated - - -

However according to the undermine journal, the average price for a Reckless Vermillion Onyx on The Maelstrom EU, is 120g. This would imply that there is a market for cut gems on your realm. Additionally, Kyparite, on average is cheaper than Ghost Iron Ore on your realm.
    just because they are there does not mean they get sold
    I had the cheapest cut for 1 week in a row out of the 30 i put up 2 got sold. had it on a 12 hours duration and was online every 12 hours to put it up again.

at that time it was not

current prices: kyparite very few under 1g each the price where most is located is around 1,78g each with ghost iron ore at 2g which has around 800 pieces atm.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-02-01 at 08:38 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Is it absolutely sure that 5x scribe will make 1,5mil gold during first three DMF? Leveling 5x scribe costs alot of money.

Deleted
    Bit late to try gold cap imo (down to server pop ofc) I'd wait til WoD starts, the BMAH will still exist then. :P

Deleted
    Depends on the server, but it is v late in an expansion and this one hasnt been as cash rich as previous ones.
    The biggest weakness I find in players that insist they want to be rich quickly or in a few weeks is that they are all talk and never have the patience to apply themselves.
    That means they never put in the research to learn how to make gold.
    They never put in the hours to make sure their stuff sells.
    They never get smart and adapt their strategies to make maximum profit.

Considering the op wants millions withing weeks, then its a bit funny he wont invest in leveling 5 professions for probably less than 25k or as he has a herber he could just farm all the mats in a week or less. As I said all talk and no patience or application.

Deleted
    Only maxed professions I have are JC and enchanting, never even leveled herbalism. I can get 50 000g or whatever it takes to level scribe if 5x scribe really will get 1,5m during first three DMF.

Maybe I will get 50 000g before WoD if I mine ghost iron ore fast enough.

Deleted
    Only maxed professions I have are JC and enchanting, never even leveled herbalism. I can get 50 000g or whatever it takes to level scribe if 5x scribe really will get 1,5m during first three DMF.

Maybe I will get 50 000g before WoD if I mine ghost iron ore fast enough.
    You see im getting a big difference between what you want and the hard work you want to put in to get there.

There are no guarantees.

50k will take you 3-4 days steady mining to get. Less if you shuffle properly (although some servers are impossible). You wouldnt need 50k.

You want 1.5m in 3 months. 5 inscribers wont get you there imo, but it depends on how good the trinkets are and it also depends how you use your inscribers. The best investment is to real, learn and understand. Everyone looks for undiscovered and profitable niches.

Launch of expansion is defo the time to make gold though.

I cant level 5 scribes unless i have like 50 000 gold, also can I get all required mats for trinkets from 1 alt? or are mats bop like spirit of harmony?
    What? 50,000? Scribe is like one of the easiest professions to level, even when mats were crazy high.

I just started playing again about 2 months ago after a 3 year break from wow. I transferred 2 characters to a brand new server with 50k each, so I started with 100k. I left about 300k behind that I made in Wotlk. The new server is Bleeding Hollow Horde, which is one of the most populated servers.

To start , Yes I know you can make x amount of gold farming. But I don't like farming. I like to spend 30 mins in the morning, 30 mins at night to do all of my farming the AH. I am a JC / Enchanter and Scribe / Tailor. I'm not making money at a ridiculous rate, but I do well enough from posting 2-3 times a day (use phone for high value/low quantity items.)

The biggest thing you can do to make gold in wow is download Tradeskillmaster TSM (and the modules.) This mode automates a lot of things. Buying, posting, crafting, deciding what to craft, buying vendor mats, etc.

You will see in my screen shots what I sell, and how much money I've made. A great resource for making gold is stormspire.net. Great guide to set up TSM. Great Spreadsheet on the GI shuffle.

----

I'm at almost 300k now after 2 months, with about 60k COST worth of stuff in my bags (mostly sha crystals and primal diamonds.) So thats about 280k profit in 2 months.

My strategy is really a multi-pronged attack on this. I don't camp the AH like some of my competitors so I rely on quantity, but stuff sells fast on my server so I don't necessarily have to. You start to get a sense of % sales per posting. So definitely, the more you post, the more you make.

1. Ghost Iron Shuffle. I don't shuffle very often. 1200 stacks in 2 months. I don't consider that a lot... I buy ore at less than 2g per (40g per stack.) Sell all uncommon gems over 3g each (usually Tiger opals.) I noticed about a 10% proc rate when you cut uncommon into perfects (which I selll all of them for 30g) Simple Math - 100 gems, 10 perfects ~ 300g. Cut the rest of the uncommon gems into your most popular cuts. I vendor all blues, even rare. Not worth the time. My prospecting is really simple, macros.

2. Buy Raw and sell (cut) gems - red - 35g (50g) , orange 50g (65g) , yellow 35g(50g) , green 30g (50g) , purple 35g (50g)

3. Buy Raw Primal Diamonds , Cut , Sell. Buy - 210g. Sell - 275g

4. Enchanting

a. Sha Crystals - I buy these at around 120g (360g per bracer enchant) then try to sell the bracer enchants for 450.

b. I buy spirit dust at 1.50g per 2g max. Ethereal Shards for 24g or less. These are the foundation for your mysterious essences. 5 spirit dust makes one essence so at 1.5g, your cost per essence is 7.50. You can also break down ethereal shards into 3 essences 24/3 = 8g per essence.

c. Make any and all enchants. Tradeskillmaster has a great crafting tool. You just hit restock and it creates a long queue for you to craft. Post and Profit.

5. I do a bit of inscription on the side, It probably rakes in about 500g a day, nothing huge. A lot of competition on my server.

Screenshots of what I sell. Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

screens that might prove helpful.

Last edited by egge; 2014-02-21 at 07:21 PM. Reason: cleaning up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have been nice to get some epic gems with tomorrow's patch. The wow economy could use a shot in the arm.

Is it absolutely sure that 5x scribe will make 1,5mil gold during first three DMF? Leveling 5x scribe costs alot of money.
    Levelled my third scribe just less than a week ago, cost me about 4k total for 1 - 600. Already made profit from levelling him just from re-selling the glyphs (and this is on a populated realm).

Bar gathering professions, Inscription is probably the cheapest (if not cleverly levelled, free) profession there is.

Deleted
    I downloaded tradeskillmaster and auction db module, but module does not show Ah prices in tooltip of item and module scan does not find items.

You're shuffling the wrong ore.

Mine elementium/pyrite. Those zones are dead, so you can pretty much strip-mine Uldum for a 30-40 stacks of ore per hour with the right route. Bust those up with a JC, then make the green necks/rings with the green gems. Mail to an enchanter and DE.

Hypnotic Dust is going for 300/stack of 20 on my server, GCE for about 90 a stack of 10. The shards are worthless unfortunately so just hope you don't proc too many blue items, you can just vendor those if you want. Dust is your main goal as it is used for leveling enchanting and more importantly to make 22 slot bags, which are the best bag you can make with "common" materials.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Would have been nice to get some epic gems with tomorrow's patch. The wow economy could use a shot in the arm.
    Except that throws off the whole balance of profession perks. So, blizzard would have to choose:
    1. Re-do all profession rewards because JCs will get screwed over like they did in Cata, where JC became the worst raiding profession for the final patches.
    2. Give JCs an upgraded JC only gem which would keep them equal with Blacksmithing, while other professions fall behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Levelled my third scribe just less than a week ago, cost me about 4k total for 1 - 600. Already made profit from levelling him just from re-selling the glyphs (and this is on a populated realm).

Bar gathering professions, Inscription is probably the cheapest (if not cleverly levelled, free) profession there is.
    Selling Glyphs is free money. On my server, the shoulder enchants pay for all of the herbs -- which means glyphs are essentially free to make!

The downside of selling glyphs is sitting at the mailbox and managing that inventory. Milling. I used to try to post twice a day , made about 1k per day, selling any and everything over 20g listing price.

Nowdays, I do 48 hour auctions and rarely check my glyph alts, and try to mill once every 2 weeks. If you can afford to camp the AH though, inscription is still really profitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    JC is terrible.
    Echanting is not bad, but I dont do other things than crafting some Weapon enchants from the sha Crystals I have spare.

Best profession imo is still cooking