Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    but it's just Blizzard's B team working on WoW
    And what is the A team working on according to you? Titan?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Who knows? But the quality has definitely suffered since they were shuffled off to work on Titan and other projects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Who knows? But the quality has definitely suffered since they were shuffled off to work on Titan.
    And then they were shuffled back because Titan project was reset and devs sent back on existing games.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    *UPDATE*

quote Bashoik (about Garrisons)

"Creating just one set of buildings for each faction (as well as their individual upgrades) is a huge amount of work, and they rely on most of the same artistic resources as the expansion's dungeons, raids, quest hubs, and cities. Creating any additional buildings would quite literally translate to less content for those other parts of the game."

Blizzard proving us right once again.
    Not sure if about to cry or laugh.
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2014-02-07 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's something that's crossed my mind too, OP. I always see Blizzard sizing down their teams, and then complaining about not having the personnel to accomplish some seemingly simple in-game tasks.

Deleted
    Blizzard keeping it real:

another Bashiok quote

" If we were to work on those(race specific garrisons) for an expansion patch it would quite literally come at the cost of a raid tier. "

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    Blizzard keeping it real:

another Bashiok quote

" If we were to work on those(race specific garrisons) for an expansion patch it would quite literally come at the cost of a raid tier. "
    They really need to hire more artists then.

I understand they're trying to upsize, so I hope it happens soon

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    They really need to hire more artists then.

I understand they're trying to upsize, so I hope it happens soon
    It's really ridiculous to read these limitations. For a game as old, influential, and profitable as WoW the sky should quite literally be the limit when it comes to what they can achieve in game. Someone stated in another thread that with the revenue of all Blizzard's projects and micro transactions they are about 10 years away from being as powerful as Disney.

And yet... they can't add y without severely handicapping x??? It's downright pathetic to even fathom they could be limited in what they can achieve in game. You'd think they run on a budget of 10 subscribed gamers a year with no cash shop and one guy developing everything. Sickening. FFS hire some more help Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    It's really ridiculous to read these limitations. For a game as old, influential, and profitable as WoW the sky should quite literally be the limit when it comes to what they can achieve in game. Someone stated in another thread that with the revenue of all Blizzard's projects and micro transactions they are about 10 years away from being as powerful as Disney.

And yet... they can't add y without severely handicapping x??? It's downright pathetic to even fathom they could be limited in what they can achieve in game. You'd think they run on a budget of 10 subscribed gamers a year with no cash shop and one guy developing everything. Sickening. FFS hire some more help Blizzard.
    I agree fully don't get me wrong, but I can also see the argument behind not just hiring a shit ton of devs and churning out a lower quality product, for me quality will always go above quantity.

Deleted
    So there's these things called economies of scale and diminishing returns.

I'm not sure where Blizzard are right now but the concepts sort of make a compromise between the two major arguments that seem to be coming up.

Deleted

very well put. I hope that someone at Blizzard reads this thread here at MMO-C and actually understands our concerns.

They are always hiring.

The reason more people =/= more work all the time is - New model for a character, you can have 10 people doing one feature at once cohesively, 1 person doing it can do the entire section of the model to work at once, add one more and you might get 2 parts of the model not matching up, requiring either both bits being redone, or additional work to mesh together.

I worked in a factory few years back, more workers on the floor (labouring job - carrying and stacking boxes) actually slowed work after a certain point as people got in each others way etc. On top of that, having too many 'average' workers ended up with too many mistakes requiring redoing work. Restacking a pallet because 1 person isnt as good wastes alot of time, so only getting the good workers is much more beneficial. On top of that, if it was overly crowded, things got dropped or knocked over. The answer is getting the right balance is all.