Page 1 of 2
LastLast

With the removal of gems in WoD, how will DPS (esp fury) feed their crit dependency?

title edit: with the removal of gem slots

I'm looking forward to WoD so much because I will finally be playing my Warrior again, but they are so frustrating to play because of their crit dependency. Arms has it a bit less but you still need it. Fury's whole existence is based off of it and early xpac there's not enough on gear to make much of difference (at least in early MoP, and that was WITH gems). Perhaps they will add failsafes to the rotation to compensate.

Does anyone else worry about this?
    Last edited by twopacuafina; 2014-01-30 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing gems and reforging pretty much forces blizzard to get rid of every crit-driven spec in the game.

Or just face the truth that no one will play those specs.

Deleted
    They are not removing gems, They are making sockets far less common and the gems that go in them far more potent and no longer using primary stats. This information was on the front page of MMO-C just after blizz con and here is the only source i can be bothered finding for you. http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/12/30/wa...ary-stat-gems/

So that means changes to fury, fire, etc.? that would be great. Hopefully the former tho. If the latter happened I'd be kind of sad =[

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    They are not removing gems, They are making sockets far less common and the gems that go in them far more potent and no longer using primary stats. This information was on the front page of MMO-C just after blizz con and here is the only source i can be bothered finding for you. http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/12/30/wa...ary-stat-gems/
    Well they gem slots are becoming sort of like how warforged is now, and random chance at happening. Not reliable at all, just a bonus. Doesn't help fury warriors situation at all

Clearly they'll work out stuff so no need to worry.

They're making Haste not so crappy for fury to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Clearly they'll work out stuff so no need to worry.
    I wish i could be that optimistic lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mierzei View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that an entire ability (the highest damaging ability) is based entirely off of a single ability to crit.

Quote Originally Posted by twopacuafina View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that an entire ability (the highest damaging ability) is based entirely off of a single ability to crit.
    They may change that too. We don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    They may change that too. We don't know yet.
    That's very true. Here's to hoping they do

With everything being scaled back, and all the abilities having their damage changed, on top of any complete skill changes, it's far too soon to say what will happen.

If I had to guess, I'd say that they'll just completely revamp how those specs work. But guess we'll see. Personally I wish they had just removed gems completely instead of the retarded "Well, some gear might have sockets but it's luck based so good luck. Oh, and gems will be way better than they are now, so better hope that you have the rare gear with sockets."

Sounds idiotic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    This thread isn't about primary stats though, if the new gems are gonna be even more of the secondary stats then they are now the gem sockets will just be even more important.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They will remove the Fury crit dependancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

They'll put more secondary stat percentages on gear? Rather than getting 1-2% crit from gem sockets, it'll just be added to the original armor. I dunno, sounds simple enough to me.

The fact you can stack crit currently allows Blizz to put out gear with less of it. They pass the savings on to you.

If you can no longer effectively stack crit one of a few things will happen:

1) your dps will be tuned differently in order to bring you up to intended targets just with less crit - possibly by enhancing the worth of other stats
    2) your class will have a passive crit% scaling factor so that given the same gear as someone else you'll still end up with the intended levels of crit to continue on as you always have done
    3) crit itself could be retuned to yield more bang for the buck. Everyone would simply need less to produce the same amount of procs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another alternative is that Fury's mechanics get reworked enough so the relative values of the different secondary stats are closer so you're hurt less if you get that piece with haste instead of crit.

Shrug. It's not that big a proportion of your total stat budget anyway.

Blizzard will probably reduce Warrior's excessive benefit from crit and compensate by buffing other secondaries in WoD. But if not, it's not a big issue anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirivaria View Post
    Another alternative is that Fury's mechanics get reworked enough so the relative values of the different secondary stats are closer so you're hurt less if you get that piece with haste instead of crit.
    I made a thread about this a while ago.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-speculation

The short and sweet of that monster thread is that there is no easy way to just reduce Fury's dependence on crit. It would require deleting what drives fury and redoing everything.

I don't think the crit reliance is a problem, all classes/specs feel awful to play the first tier for one reason or another. It's the same story in any RPG ever made, you start out wearing a pair of dirty underwear, there's a lot of empty gcd time, and you get your ass handed to you by a 3-legged yappy dog named 'princess.' By the end of the expansion you have 2 massive axes, 95% enrage uptime, and are killing gods/titans/bitches by the dozens.

That's just how the formula works. Ret pallys/dks bitch about haste breakpoints/scaling, fire mages whine about crit, and I don't know enough about other specs to say what they would bitch about, but I'm sure there's something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mierzei View Post
    WoD is going to be pretty stale. Dot snapshotting going away, thresholds going away. They're making all secondaries extremely close to each other in value for all classes/specs in the game. There is nothing fun or exciting about that. They should just take stats out of the game at this point. "New piece of gear! yay stats. yay nothing to put on it. excitement..."

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    WoD is going to be pretty stale. Dot snapshotting going away, thresholds going away. They're making all secondaries extremely close to each other in value for all classes/specs in the game. There is nothing fun or exciting about that. They should just take stats out of the game at this point. "New piece of gear! yay stats. yay nothing to put on it. excitement..."
    Oh no the loss of those fascinating fun aspects of the game I found so engaging.

NOTE THE SARCASM.

Secondaries being strongly weighted towards specs doesn't make the game more interesting, all it means is you look up your stat weights and try to stack whatever is highest. A monkey could do it.

They're just trying to make WoW more about the loot and less about the fiddling. Stat interplay is more interesting in a world without reforging because now whether you get the crit wrist or the haste wrist MATTERS. Also, apart from the remaining enchants and gem sockets if you happen to get one, there will still be item upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the way i understand it, gems next expansion will give a TON more secondary stats compared to now. For instance, if it was used in MoP gear, it would give 1k crit/haste/whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.