10+ Year Old Account

Iron Juggernaut 10H help

Having trouble getting over this hump, we've been stuck at 5/14H for a while now, mainly because of losing a couple core raiders to RL issues and having to regear some alts, but I don't think gear is our primary problem with this fight.

We're doing the strategy where we don't try to DPS during Siege mode and instead staying far away.

This was our best attempt last night:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...GTKQW#fight=24

That was a 4-healed attempt. After that attempt it became evident to me that we would not make the beserk timer with 4 heals so we 3 healed it. But it just seems like when we 3 heal it people are dying to stupid crap. They claim it is random or unavoidable, but I have to think there's something more at play here. I am the Monk tank, but tank survivability seems fine (both me and my OT are usually the very last to die).

Please look at our logs and let me know if there's something being left on the table, either as far as healing or positioning or something we could be doing differently, I would love to get over this hump, but I'm stumped!

Thank you!

4 heals I don't see necessary, even though 2x disc priest isn't very ideal..but regardless -
    During Siege Mode, everyone should /range 6

Have a Healing CD for each knockback

everyone should spread before the 1st one, then once he drops the final tar, everyone runs to 1 central location (just in melee range behind the boss), and thats when you Avert + Zen Med
    Next one could be a spirit shell 5-10s before
    next one could be another spirit shell/divine hymn/personals/ele healing tide - any of those, or any combination of those.

You guys have enough cds, that isn't really a problem.

If some people are having a problem with border drills, they can step back..when we kill it our mage is like max range from the boss, this way he can see everything and never takes a tick of anything.

Sometimes you will get 1 shotted - rarely - but it happens. It is mostly avoidable, and it is usually a result of getting hit by the saw blade so there isn't really an excuse.

There is no excuse to being hit by mortar blast and/or laser burn and/or border drill - suggest people getting the addon GTFO if they can't stay out of stuff, I found it helpful on that fight when I was tanking 'cause it was kinda hard to see the border drills under myself all of the time.

Deleted
    People are standing in the Borer Drill. Quailsor and Spazzoid are repeat offenders of this.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...240&by=ability

You are taking too much damage from the borer drill. It creeps out from the boss and moves in a straight line. If it hits you it "fixates" and keeps hitting you but if you just sidestep it it's harmless. Laser burn is the only truly unavoidable damage here. Taking damage from other sources will happen but you need to tone it down somewhat.
    Getting smacked by a borer drill and then anything else (laserburn / ricochet) will kill people.

As stupid as it may sound you might just want to have an attempt or 2 where the dps don't dps at all but just watch whats happening and learn to avoid shit.

Yep, it's the avoidable sources of damage killing people. Was watching the replay on the map, a lot of the times when someone died, it looked like they were out of range of others for some reason.

Once that is down, it is just a matter of executing a CD rotation for phase 2. Wait until the borer drills are gone and the tar is out before stacking up for the first aoe. Borer drill + siege mode damage kills people very quickly.

During progression we three healed it. The two main humps are distinguishing what is avoidable and what is not, and how to deal with P2. Mechanics like Borer Drill are entirely the fault of the person being hit. Skada can track who is being hit by them. If anyone is over 200-300k, they're bad. There's also a few other mechanics like the big red DONT STAND ON ME missile, and the saw blade that are avoidable.

During P2, you should be using a raid CD for every knockback. Have one Disc spirit shell the first, and everyone stack up for Barrier. Then make sure everyone is loosely stacked, but not within 6 yards of each other, and use CDs for the next few. Make sure your raid is using healthstones (if you have them) and personal CDs. Basically, if they die during that phase and they still have deterrence, shield wall, iceblock, etc off CD it is their fault. Emphasize that.

With my raid group, we kill it right before the second Phase 2. Hopefully you will have similar progress.

of course you're going to hit berserk, you're 4 healing but also running away during siege mode, it's easily 5-6 healed in 25man with another 15 people to heal up and not running away in siege mode so you gain another minute of dps.

your healers are doing like 100-125k hps, which is not very much so it proves there is not that much healing needed, you're just dying to 1 shots, adding more healers won't solve the issue of instant deaths.

basically focus on pushing your dps up, and avoiding what is avoidable, you've got loads of healing tides, ancestral guideance, barriers, spirit shells but all useless if you're going to run away during siege mode, so your only option is to go completely nuts on dps because the healing should be a complete joke outside the siege phase.

i see only 9 people dps'in on your logs, you have 4 healers and your resto shaman can't throw a few lightning bolts or pop fire/earth elemental totem for extra damage? does he even use his stormlash totem for the raid damage? seems the focus is all about healing which is probably leading to these berserk wipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to piggyback the thread, bu my group has just started this fight and I have a quick question/clarification:

What is the significance of /range 6 in p2? I looked through Icy Veins heroic guide and I didn't see it mentioned. My 10m group did maybe 5 or 6 pulls (3 heals), pretty much getting to p2 each time with little to no problem (50ish% health by that time). We are doing the stack and don't dps in p2 strat. We survive the first knockback but start losing people shortly after and always lose people during the 2nd. We are cycling CDs, but are not spreading range 6. I feel we are just overlooking something so the rang 6 must be it, but what is the purpose of it?
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted

This is how we position ourselves on Iron Juggernaut.

Tanks on blue, healers on green and ranged on purple. Ranged is at max distance, this way the Borer Drill will never hit them (I have 0 damage taken from Borer drill without even moving from them on most of our kills) and they can focus on only moving from the sawblade, which will be easier since they have more time. Healers have to stand closer though, since they have to be able to reach the tanks.

Downside with this is that mines will be further back, but if you have fast tanks, this shouldn't be a problem. + your priests can grip the tanks to help.

in p2 / aka siege mode u group needs to be a little bit spread out after being knocked back. the laser will target someone but theres also a few other things that will be a non-issue if everyone is spread out properly by 6 yards.

if people dying its always to the sawblade that flies out at you and the red circle combo. people just need to learn to move outta that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Sorry to piggyback the thread, bu my group has just started this fight and I have a quick question/clarification:

What is the significance of /range 6 in p2? I looked through Icy Veins heroic guide and I didn't see it mentioned. My 10m group did maybe 5 or 6 pulls (3 heals), pretty much getting to p2 each time with little to no problem (50ish% health by that time). We are doing the stack and don't dps in p2 strat. We survive the first knockback but start losing people shortly after and always lose people during the 2nd. We are cycling CDs, but are not spreading range 6. I feel we are just overlooking something so the rang 6 must be it, but what is the purpose of it?
    The /range 6 is for standing close to the boss during p2. It has no use if you're not standing close.

A tip though is to always stack on the same spot during p2, then run away from that spot when he uses his tar attack. When the tar channel is over, stack again. That way you'll never get tar on your stacking point.

For above poster, the 6 yard spread is for the random raid damage 'cannon' that the Juggernaut has. It deals high splash damage so stacking together just forces unnecessary damage upon the group.

We killed this boss for the first time on Wednesday, it took us about 15 attempts, but during that time we ironed out a lot of these 'RNG' deaths and came up with a strong rotation to handle the fight. With the phases being on a 3 minute 'conveyor', it lines up nicely with the vast majority of raid cooldowns.

Here's some things to remember:

1. Any raid member who can handle a mine confidently should try to deal with the one farthest away from the other two. We used our warlock with a Hand of Protection on the first set and Cocoon on the third set. As a warrior tank, I was able to handle all 3 mines due to high mobility, but our paladin struggled to do the same.

2. RNG seemed to kill off our raid members a lot. To cut this down we put ranged dps at max range from the boss, 9 times out of 10 this will stop the borer drills hitting them. We also spread the ranged out a lot in this phase to reduce barrage damage assuming the group couldn't move quickly enough. We told everyone that moving was by far the most important part as the Berserk timer really isn't that tight, as definitely wont be with gear like yours assuming your dps play properly.

3. For phase 2 we had a marker dropped close to the boss and another at the back of the room towards where Galakras is fought. We let the first Shock Pulse knock us back there as per the usual tactic. We tightly controlled this phase to reduce incoming damage as much as possible. We had a set up with a lot of raid cooldowns, which is something you seem to lack a little. Here's what I would do for your group;

At the beginning of phase 2, stack loosely around the marker and let the tar drop down. Then everyone moves ONTO the marker close to the boss.

1st Shock Pulse
    -Power Word: Barrier - this may seem like a waste but the initial knockback damage is the only real thing you're able to mitigate. This is because when you reach the back of the room, you NEED to be spreading out to reduce incoming damage from the splash cannon.
    -When you reach the back have 1 shaman drop a healing tide. SPREAD your raid group out 6yds and kite the laser forward using healthstones and personal cooldowns.

2nd Shock Pulse
    -Quickly stack upon the marker and drop another Barrier.
    -Spread out and drop second healing tide.

3rd Shock Pulse
    -Stack and Spirit Shell/Healing Tide (assuming you have your third shaman).
    -Spread and use a hymn.

Ensure during this time that both tanks are taking mines, along with anyone with a reliable immunity. After the third pulse, have your less mobile tank pick up the boss and let your other tank soak up any mines remaining.

4. Have your 2nd tank taunt at 2 stacks, and then subsequently at 3. This will align you with the mine timers.

5. Spam heal people with laser burn and implore that people use personals if they take too much damage.

6. If you can, have your raiders dodge ricochet as best they can. The most important thing, of course, is to have the group SPREAD during phase 1 to avoid it hitting multiple targets.

I really hope this gives you some information that you haven't already tried. If your raiders are taking too much damage from Borer Drills or Richochet they will die so it's down to you to ensure they realise the importance of avoiding damage wherever possible.

Best of luck,
    -Zafu.
    Last edited by Zafu; 2014-02-01 at 10:51 PM.