leveling a priest through instances

hi all,
    I am thinking about leveling yet another alt - priest this time. Like with all my tanks and healers I leveled mostly through instances and so here is my question - starting from 15lvl, in which spec should I be healing? does it matter? (I assume it wont for the first 20lvl or so but after that it might)

thanks for all the help

Disc because penance is op while you level.

Disc is the best leveling spec. Throw a PWS on the tank and Smite. After you get atonement just use that and ignore PWS. That's basically your healing style until you get to 85. The first major healing challenge is Mogu'shan's last boss, where you actually need to use PoH and PoM. After you get into LFR, you can get by with atonement spam but it isn't optimal.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Disc is the best leveling spec. Throw a PWS on the tank and Smite. After you get atonement just use that and ignore PWS. That's basically your healing style until you get to 85. The first major healing challenge is Mogu'shan's last boss, where you actually need to use PoH and PoM. After you get into LFR, you can get by with atonement spam but it isn't optimal.
    With everyone in heirlooms, I find that this doesn't work well. Things die too fast to cast smite even once on a mob. I usually PWS and renew, and on a rare occasion penance. I'll smite a boss because they might live long enough to do so. This is up to BC content. I'm sure eventually in wrath or cata, things start to change.

Disc

You'll also outdps about 80% of dps classes on your way up to 90 anyway
    Teegers - Disc/Holy Priest - Summit - 14/14H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Teegers/simple
    http://www.twitch.tv/teegsx

Quote Originally Posted by Exaelitus View Post
    With everyone in heirlooms, I find that this doesn't work well. Things die too fast to cast smite even once on a mob.
    No, they don't. They don't die in less than 1.5 seconds. I don't care what you're running with, it doesn't happen. Even in Ragefire.

Disc - and if you have set of heirlooms should be top DPS and Heals to 85 if not all the way to 90. Until 38 I was using PW:S + Renew, then 100% Atonement, with the rare Oh $h!t moment and need a Defensive Penance.

Deleted
    DIsc, extremly OP. You can easy top meters as a healer as disc

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc since you can just dps the shit out of those meters,
    but be warned, you can actually be kicked by people that are so stupid that they don´t know that disc priests heal while they dps and will kick you for "queuing" as healer when they think you are a dps.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Disc would do well, but shadow would be faster if doing solo content.