Absorbs on different types of Dmg reduction

So I usually play a Brewmaster. At one point a little while ago I leveled a priest to play Disc because it seems pretty cool. But then I had a thought that paralyzed me and made me stop playing it, aside from the smite spam. The thought was- what if absorbs are applied before damage is applied to the target rather than afterwards?

That kinda made me stop playing. But then recently I thought that probably isn't the case or absorbs wouldn't be very useful. So my question is- is absorption applied before or after various forms of damage reduction? This is obviously very important, especially on tanks.

Is it applied after damage reduction from stance? Most tanks have some sort of 20-25% blanket damage resistance.
    Is it applied after armor? Mostly likely so, if it's after blanket dmg reduction.

I'm sure bothe of these have been investigated, and I'm fairly sure that absorbs would apply after these, but I would like to verify.

And finally, are they applied after shuffle? Shuffle is a newer mechanic so might not have been investigated. If any one has some insight I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage taken is calculated prior to removing shields. The Shield merely counts as an extention to your healthbar.

This concern was adressed in BC.

The new updated meters correctly take this in to account.

10+ Year Old Account
    After.

Hypothetical to show:

tank has 500 hp, mob hits him for 100.

without anything: tank has 400HP
    with 50 shield: tank has 450HP
    with 25% DR w/ no shield: tank has 425HP
    w/ 25% DR and a 50 shield: tank has 475HP
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Do absorbs soak Dmg from stagger? Would be better if it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    except for glyphed guard, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    With stagger reaching reasonably big ticks (even with them using purifying right) it's pretty good it does.

Would suck to shield a really low tank and have them tick down without absorb