Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I struggled as well. All about mana management and anticipating burst.
    U can do eet! feels so good when you pull it off.

Deleted
    Giving this a bump for general advice on obtaining the 30 waves of Endless. I originally did gold back when the PGs were first released then never really took a second look. With a bit of time this weekend, I've rustled up a dedicated set (the fact that this needs to be done and cost me around 10k is pretty ridiculous and a real weakness in allowing people to try and do Proving Grounds) and so far can generally get to wave 24.

However, I am having a number of issues.

The tank damage seems very spiky, despite PW:S on CD, Grace being maintained and Glyphed PoM with Atonement filler. Generally, I can work around this but it does feel like the tank is at times turning his back. Does anyone have a method for dealing with this which is particularly strong?

The mage seems to think that the flame pits work like the orbs on Malkorok HC and will move from one before running through the others. I've had this happen a few times now (she actually cuts a long path, zig zagging through them) and it is a real burn on my mana. Is this just AI stupidity that I am going to have to deal with?

Leap of Faith and Void Shift totally fail at times. As in, I have a target selected, hit my binding, can see the register through Bartender and nothing at all happens. Is this an issue specific to myself or something which is known about within the Proving Grounds? (I checked over the H2P threads and some other places, this doesn't seem to get reported)

Is the trial supposed to end if two of the DPS are sub 20% health (but not dead) at the same time? One of my 2X attempts was destroyed by this and my nearby bottle of nail polish promptly met the nearest wall.

So! Any particular advice would be really appreciated. Also, a way to make Proving Grounds actually be about skill rather than RNG would be amazing.

Atonement definitely works. I got Disc endless 30 3 days after it was introduced.

The vast majority of my healing was atonement. With ToF, Archangel, and keeping Grace on the tank, it can do a ton of healing. Keep PoM on CD, bubble the tank. I don't remember exactly, but I think I did something like using PW:S on wave 4, 7, and 10, and Barrier on 3, 6, and 9 to counter spiky tank damage. Divine star is pretty efficient, especially when the mage runs in to AoE.

Deleted
    Yup, basically doing exactly that. My last three wipes have been on wave 25 - enrage and then the RNG of chomp on the tank means that Otto seems to drop immediately, despite CDs and a full stack of Spirit Shell having been applied.

Yeah, it is definitely the X5 waves which are proving problematic. I keep getting wiped on these despite no one actually dying.

And done - went to 34 (or 33, can't recall) before seeing the Leap of Faith bug which resulted in two aqua bombs going off. Tried to recover with Void Shift and it also bugged. Now I don't ever need to do these again. Yay.
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-02-15 at 11:15 PM.

How can you recognize skilled disc priest and bad disc priest (5man, raids, PGs)? Best skill disc can bring to the fight is to know what will happen This is most important

As others said, you won't get far with low spirit and challenge mode disc gear is very different from PG optimal one. Crit + spirit seems to be best advice (since crit buff heals and dps at the same time). Many people tend to ask for disc BiS gear for PG. Best advice here so to visit wowhead.com use their item comparison tool and compare all the 460ilvl+ items for every slot with filtered desired stats (already mentioned crit>0 and spirit>0) and find out which items have best stats (and gems).

Quote Originally Posted by Amezea View Post
    Giving this a bump for general advice on obtaining the 30 waves of Endless. I originally did gold back when the PGs were first released then never really took a second look. With a bit of time this weekend, I've rustled up a dedicated set (the fact that this needs to be done and cost me around 10k is pretty ridiculous and a real weakness in allowing people to try and do Proving Grounds) and so far can generally get to wave 24.

However, I am having a number of issues.

The tank damage seems very spiky, despite PW:S on CD, Grace being maintained and Glyphed PoM with Atonement filler. Generally, I can work around this but it does feel like the tank is at times turning his back. Does anyone have a method for dealing with this which is particularly strong?

The mage seems to think that the flame pits work like the orbs on Malkorok HC and will move from one before running through the others. I've had this happen a few times now (she actually cuts a long path, zig zagging through them) and it is a real burn on my mana. Is this just AI stupidity that I am going to have to deal with?

Leap of Faith and Void Shift totally fail at times. As in, I have a target selected, hit my binding, can see the register through Bartender and nothing at all happens. Is this an issue specific to myself or something which is known about within the Proving Grounds? (I checked over the H2P threads and some other places, this doesn't seem to get reported)

Is the trial supposed to end if two of the DPS are sub 20% health (but not dead) at the same time? One of my 2X attempts was destroyed by this and my nearby bottle of nail polish promptly met the nearest wall.

So! Any particular advice would be really appreciated. Also, a way to make Proving Grounds actually be about skill rather than RNG would be amazing.
    With regards to tank damage, inner focus and a greater heal with archangel up will give a good heal and a shield. I may also have barrier'd / pain supp'd on that wave, cant recall. Leap of faith doesn't work on the tank. The rng is just that I guess, if it were rote people could just learn it, part of the skill (I guess) is reacting to bad situtations though I agree with the frustration part.

Deleted
    I don't think I ended up casting Greater Heal once during my attempts. For the tank damage spikes on the run that got me past 30, I wound up using Divine Star and then Inner Focus with Prayer of Healing instead, typically because of damage on the party also needing to be dealt with.

I wasn't using Leap of Faith on the tank but rather on the mage following two melee applied aqua bombs with mass dispel being on cooldown. Regardless, it still failed with no error reporting. Same as Void Shift.

Now, I agree with RNG being required after all it is a massive part of the game as is. However, random bugs that result in good attempts being wasted aren't fun.

Disc is significantly harder than some healers for Proving Grounds. I have a resto druid alt that I had been playing for about two weeks that I leveled to 90. Within about 4 attempts I got Proven Healer. It is absolutely trivial compared to Disc. I haven't done Proving Grounds as Disc since about a week after 5.4, but when I did my highest after several hours was only 18. Perhaps it was a gear issue, since I was using the LMG and reforged straight to crit. I don't know for sure though, and I'm not going to spend a few thousand gold + a week to figure it out.

I couldn't say what the class difference is, but I'd guess it has to do with druids having significantly more raw throughput than Disc, and therefore being able to recover from the RNGfuckyou spikes.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-02-19 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    I think I would personally be a lot more forgiving of the slightly buggy and very RNG dependent nature of proving grounds if there wasn't a considerable cost associated with wanting to try and play through them seriously. Time wise, I wouldn't say three hours of utter annoyance is too bad but I could have done without the 10k price tag that came with getting my gear sorted adequately.

Previously, with a crit heavy build, I hadn't managed to overcome wave 10. Getting proper trinkets and switching to spirit gemming and reforging certainly helped considerably. When I have my shaman levelled it will be interesting to see how that class compares.