Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Absolutely no chance it comes out 4th quarter. October at the earliest ? They're not letting SoO last 13 months
    You'd be surprised.

Okay so 4th quarter might be a bit extreme, but I can't see the game getting released during spring or summer. I hope I'm wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Once again, Blizzard has repeatedly stated that the release of WoD is not in any way tied to the new character models being completed.
    And my guesstimate does not take the models into consideration. I would prefer they finished them all (vanilla races at least) in time for WoD to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post

And my guesstimate does not take the models into consideration. I would prefer they finished them all (vanilla races at least) in time for WoD to be released.
    What other data point can you possibly be basing that on?

We don't have a beta date: It could start in two weeks (which means, based on average Blizzard beta times, we'd see a June-August release window) or any other time.

We don't have any data on how complete any of the other content is.

The only info we have is how many of the races they've shown us models for.

And yes, everyone, Blizzard included, would prefer they have the models done for WoD release. But they've said over and over they won't delay WoD to finish the models.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Oh my god you must be the messiahs of warcraft, creator of all blizzard foundation!!! I will proclaim your words in trade chat every 5 minutes from this moment as from now!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they killed titan and brought the developers working on it back to wow. Why is there so much talk about titan still? Did they change their minds?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I thought they killed titan and brought the developers working on it back to wow. Why is there so much talk about titan still? Did they change their minds?
    They rebooted it, they didn't kill it. They didn't like where it was going, brought most of the team to WoW, and started over.

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Canceling Blizzcon on wow 10th year anniversary...

Seems legit.
    I could see them doing it. While they could celebrate that, they'd have nothing meaningful to announce or talk about. 2013 was a huge BlizzCon, 2014 looks barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I remember taking pre-orders for Ghost when I worked at EB a million years ago. Would be hilarious for them to finally do something with that title.
    'And in other news today, video game mega retailer, Gamestop, has announced a massive round of downsizing. Apparently, Gamestop and its previous iteration "EB Games", sold hundreds of thousands of copies of a game that was delayed for more then 10 years. When eager customers began showing up at Gamestop outlets demanding a copy of the game they had purchased over a decade earlier the retailer had no choice but to honor the purchase. The unanticipated loss of inventory caused Gamestop to fall significantly short of projections and in some areas led to a brief scarcity of the game itself. Rumors suggest that they might soon be in the market for a new CEO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    You'd be surprised.

Okay so 4th quarter might be a bit extreme, but I can't see the game getting released during spring or summer. I hope I'm wrong.
    Starcraft 2 came out in the middle of summer, and it had huge sales. Different audiences, sure, but the "summer is bad to release games" thing is way overstated
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    They rolled back from big team to small elite team. If they make progress in redoing the game they need more people to work on. Also growth by 50% says nothing if we don't know how big the team originally was. If the small elite team was just 3-5 people and they increase their number by 50% they end up with 6-10 people.

As for Blizzcon 2014. 10th anniversary of WoW has nothing to do with Blizzcon. Blizzcon is for new and big infos about Blizzard games. WoW gets an expansion this year which will probably be released before Blizzcon, D3 gets an expansion. SC2 expansion is still far away and is expected to be released 2016, Heartstone is open beta so basically it's released.

Only games or projects they could show are Titan or Heroes of the Storm. If HotS isn't ready for release or at least beta in Q1 2015 they probably won't make a big show for it and same goes for Titan. Realistically they have nothing big enough for Blizzcon that we know of. 10th anniversary is a completely seperate topic and will be celebrated in-game and probably on their website. Blizzcon costs a lot of money and Blizzard probably makes a loss with every Blizzcon and some people were already underwhelmed by last Blizzcon because we only got big news about 2 games and they expected to get infos about all 3 big games from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    I don't think there is a mountain of salt big enough...

Edit: Most, if not all, of this is already known or been worked out through solid estimation. But some of these have already been proven false, like the Dark Below already being disowned by Blizz, or they are completely mental, like Blizz thinking of cancelling Blizzcon.
    You do realize that it wouldn't be the first time they cancelled Blizzcon, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    Didnt it change back in Cataclysm? I remember the FFA came out for Cata and MMO had a ton of pictures up and they were forced to take them down or was that WOTLK?
    Pretty sure that was Wrath. I remember there was that wiki that caused a shitstorm, lol.

I'll never understand how threads like this are left open. More legit threads get shut down so fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    They rebooted it, they didn't kill it. They didn't like where it was going, brought most of the team to WoW, and started over.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    They rolled back from big team to small elite team. If they make progress in redoing the game they need more people to work on. Also growth by 50% says nothing if we don't know how big the team originally was. If the small elite team was just 3-5 people and they increase their number by 50% they end up with 6-10 people.

As for Blizzcon 2014. 10th anniversary of WoW has nothing to do with Blizzcon. Blizzcon is for new and big infos about Blizzard games. WoW gets an expansion this year which will probably be released before Blizzcon, D3 gets an expansion. SC2 expansion is still far away and is expected to be released 2016, Heartstone is open beta so basically it's released.

Only games or projects they could show are Titan or Heroes of the Storm. If HotS isn't ready for release or at least beta in Q1 2015 they probably won't make a big show for it and same goes for Titan. Realistically they have nothing big enough for Blizzcon that we know of. 10th anniversary is a completely seperate topic and will be celebrated in-game and probably on their website. Blizzcon costs a lot of money and Blizzard probably makes a loss with every Blizzcon and some people were already underwhelmed by last Blizzcon because we only got big news about 2 games and they expected to get infos about all 3 big games from Blizzard.
    I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most accurate one would probably be Blizzcon 2014 being canceled. 2013 felt really dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    What do you mean estimates? The release dates were all very exact. No excuses if they're missed.
    Except those release dates were never released by Blizzard. Blizzard's stance in the past was that games would not be released until they were ready, and as far as I know that hasn't changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    I am Ray William Johnson and I approve this message

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Team wants to launch expansions faster but it is still a problem because there arent enough good developers who applied at Blizzard Entertainment
    Haha, lol, seems legit
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Haha, lol, seems legit
    And why would you say that? Got a surplus of grade A developers on a tree somewhere?

Murlocs confirmed as playable race for 10th expansion.

Source: Versailles Office
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Murlocs confirmed as playable race for 10th expansion.

Source: Versailles Office
    If we get to the 10th expansion, I could totally see this.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    guys. just think for a second. we will have season 15 in mop, a season lasts 6 months at MINIMUM, season 14 end ist not even announced. you really believe we get WOD in about 4 months? dream on, all this stuff is made up