Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    how do you know its not in alpha?
    I'm confused. Are you quoting the right person? That question would make sense for the person above that post. Unless you meant to ask "how do you know it is in alpha"?

10+ Year Old Account
    source ? reminds me of that post with the space suits that came from some Chinese website
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Think about it historically. Mists of Pandaria beta launched in March and the expansion released in September. They haven't even announced a WoD beta, have they? Maybe I missed something. If it was really releasing in 24 June the beta would have started some time in January. I'm inclined to think that these "New informations" are nothing more than wishful thinking on someone's part.
    They also had an AP which required millions of people get access to beta. You don't think that extended the beta time? They also had a benefit to extend the release to conveniently coincide with initial AP's ending.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'm confused. Are you quoting the right person? That question would make sense for the person above that post. Unless you meant to ask "how do you know it is in alpha"?
    This, and either way I do not know. Logic would say yes x10. We have pretty damn close to an Alpha at Blizzcon... and I can almost gurantee we will get word of a beta in February or very early March.

Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    They also had an AP which required millions of people get access to beta. You don't think that extended the beta time? They also had a benefit to extend the release to conveniently coincide with initial AP's ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Well...okay

- The Diablo III Team didnt grow. 40% of the StarCraft Team are now in the HotS Team thats why LotV takes a long time
    Heart of the Swarm hasnt been out that long for a game thats campaign is the least played part
    What?????????? says who? that's the MOST important part of SC for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Think about it historically. Mists of Pandaria beta launched in March and the expansion released in September. They haven't even announced a WoD beta, have they? Maybe I missed something. If it was really releasing in 24 June the beta would have started some time in January. I'm inclined to think that these "New informations" are nothing more than wishful thinking on someone's part.
    Beta length is incredibly unreliable. We don't know what causes it to take a certain length and we don't know if possibly they got better at testing internally. They certainly are testing differently now as a variety of things slated to be put into WoD were put into MoP right now like the variable Flex scaling and the 5.4 trinkets testing the new stats.

What we do know is anything after August would be an unmitigated disaster and they know it.

You lost me at 'The Dark Below'.

Rest of it seems plausible, but a bit .. common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    You lost me at 'The Dark Below'.

Rest of it seems plausible, but a bit .. common sense.
    Remember that leak the guy gave about Warlords.... ya know the right one... he mentioned Dark Below as well.

By the way.. why do people keep pressing him for a source? If it's real, he's obviously not going to name the employees who gave him the information.. stop being stupid. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    i might have quoted the wrong person. but it sure as hell is in alpha stage. example blizzcon, if there was no alpha no one would have been playing part of WoD at blizzcon
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Some of that information seems legit or common sense, some is interesting, and some things -- like the stuff about Dark Below being Titan -- seem like BS to me.

Time will tell, I guess.
    I'm keeping an open mind here--after all, the best leaks are equal parts truth and bull to keep people guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

i might have quoted the wrong person. but it sure as hell is in alpha stage. example blizzcon, if there was no alpha no one would have been playing part of WoD at blizzcon
    I'm guessing they plan to skip Friends & Family Alpha and go straight to closed beta once Draenor's more or less ready for testing by the playerbase (i.e., minimal placeholder architecture, most mob art done, most questlines/events implemented and playable).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Millions of people always have access to the beta. That's how they stress test the servers. I don't think that extended the beta. I also believe that the AP was a blatant ploy to keep players subscribed to WoW knowing that there would be no new content available for the next year and that Diablo III had the potential to cannibalize WoW's subscriber base. The reason the expansion "conveniently" released at the AP's ending was that the AP was created with the estimated release date in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Could be a shorter more closed beta, and Blizz has expressed they want faster cycles. Maybe their going for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Or they tightened the knot on it.
    Again, I really doubt that. Blizzard has been loosening on things like this over the last few years. Hell, the Diablo F&F Alpha wasn't even limited to friends or family AND had no NDA. There would be no solid reason, especially on the sixth expansion of a decade old game, to take a radical reversal and slap an NDA on a F&F so tight that people couldn't even say they were in the alpha.

Is it possible? Sure. But it makes no sense, so I'm going to vote really unlikely.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'm guessing they plan to skip Friends & Family Alpha and go straight to closed beta once Draenor's more or less ready for testing by the playerbase (i.e., minimal placeholder architecture, most mob art done, most questlines/events implemented and playable).
    That's what they did with MoP. There was no F&F Alpha, primarily because they got sick of the leaks. So now they just do an internal Alpha test then go straight to public closed beta.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'm keeping an open mind here--after all, the best leaks are equal parts truth and bull to keep people guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

probablu. did MoP even have a friends and family alpha/beta?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Nope, there was just a short period at the beginning of beta where friends, family and press had access before AP holders got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    They apparently skipped it last time. So the precedent is there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I would say its all at least possible.

Those commenting on the Dark Below, I would keep in mind that they denied MoP several times before they actually announced it. It is not beyond them to flat out lie to try and cover something up. I don't blame them, I would too, but that one denial doesn't mean it can't happen.

Wouldn't shock me at all that there is no F&F Alpha as they didn't have one for MoP either. They got tired of the leaks and I think they have probably figured out that they can't really stop them, but they can change things up to try and control it some.

We will see I suppose, but if history has shown me one thing, just about the time we say someone is nuts and making something up, it turns out to be true.

example blizzcon, if there was no alpha no one would have been playing part of WoD at blizzcon
    A demo is not the same as an alpha release. A demo is a polished sample of the gameplay that will be offered in the final product. An alpha test is basically a very limited (often internal) beta. A beta release is a version of the final product that hasn't been tested thoroughly enough to merit charging for it. In a beta you see things like blue cubes where an object would traditionally be. Bugs run rampant in a beta. You won't see stuff like that in a demo because the purpose of a demo is to entice users, and users aren't enticed by bugs. Lots of players who got the AP thought that they were opting into a demo and were sorely disappointed when they finally got their beta invites. The monk starting zone was hilarious. Players were raging because there was one bell that everyone had to interact with to proceed with their questing and there were about 50 new beta testers crowded around it at any given time. That's a beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13