Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    new poster from EU with leaked info, seen it happen before

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best lies contain a grain of truth. Better to take this with a grain of salt.

As to why June makes sense. Sure Summer time is traditionally bad for video game sales. However the timing makes sense. You're looking at the end of the 2nd quarter, which would be padded by the release. Third Quarter will be strong as the remainder of sales, and subs coming back as summer winds down and autumn begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    "Photoshops are done"..... really...... that's hilarious
    It's plausible that they make the concept art in Photoshop you know.

Either way, at least this gives something to look at for upcoming months when it comes to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    Are you... serious? Do you know how much content they had at Blizzcon 2013?

Anyway... Threads like this are typically silly and generally garner more attention than deserved.
    They had lots of content about WoW and D3 but apart from that? One short panel about HotS, some things about Hearthstone but nothing new and surprising and nothing about SC2 I can remember of. At the moment Blizzard has 3 big games and people expected to get lots of info about all 3 of them. Also there wasn't that much in-depth information about the games they showed like in the past. Maybe it would've been better if they focused more on just WoD on Blizzcon instead of splitting the time between RoS because the way they did it, it felt like we didn't get that much information. There's still a lot of speculation about the things they showed and they needed to release some blogs to clarify what they meant. With RoS beta already out people can gather the infos they want but with WoD it's different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft IV is not planned
    such news...! We wont see wc4 for a very long time.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Um just one question what the hell does Informations mean?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecqc View Post
    Um just one question what the hell does Informations mean?
    I guess the op's native tounge is not english. its a common mistake.
    Druid since Feb. 06

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheedi View Post
    - Hearthstone release date: 15 april Probably True
    - Warlords of Draenor release date: 24 june Probably True
    - Heroes of the Storm wont be released this year Probably True
    - The Dark Below is still the name of the project name Titan (99% False) and the team grew 50%
    - The Warlords of Draenor Cinematic Trailer is 70 % finished. It will be released 2 months before the release Probably True
    - The Cinematic Team is also working on the SC2 LotV Cinematic Trailer. The plan is that it will be shown at BlizzCon 2014 Probably True
    - The first Warcraft Movie Trailer will be shown a half year before the release, NOT at BlizzCon 2014 Probably True; it's Hollywood after all
    - Informations about The Dark Below wont be revealed at BlizzCon 2014 99% True because it isn't called that. 100% True if you're talking about the project once leaked as 'Titan'.
    - The Team is thinking about to cancel BlizzCon 2014 Probably True - it's a heavy release year
    - A new game is in development 100% True (we knew this a long time ago, ever since listings for 'Unnamed Project' came up)
    - Warcraft IV is not planned 100% True - "Team 1" (which does RTSes) is already working on two games at once (which is very abnormal for Blizzard) and people think they'd start WC4 and divide the team's time even more?
    - The StarCraft Team are thinking about StarCraft: Ghosts
    - Two new Diablo III expansions are in development Probably False unless you're including RoS as one of those expansions
    - Two new World of Warcraft expansions are in development Well, kind of. They plan 2 expansions out at all times, so yes, I guess.
    - A Hearthstone expansion is in development. It wont be a Diablo or StarCraft edition Probably True
    - The Team wants to launch expansions faster but it is still a problem because there arent enough good developers who applied at Blizzard Entertainment Probably True
    - Soon you will get more informations about the new character models. 50% of them are done right now.
    - New models for worgen and goblins are planned with the 6th expansion. Photoshops of them are already done but it takes a long time to get them into life
    - The Diablo III Team didnt grow. (100% False; you have no idea) 40% of the StarCraft Team are now in the HotS Team thats why LotV takes a long time (False/True simultaneously - you don't know what's going on properly. There are no two separate teams for SC2 and Heroes (so that part is false); that's the problem. "Team 1" is doing SC2 and Heroes simultaneously now, so it is true that LotV is taking longer due to Heroes.)
    - The new Lead Designer will be.... you will hear it in february.

Source:
    Versailles Office
    The problem with leaks is that even if 95% of this is real, I know for absolute fact that a few parts are false. It's the silly stuff that tripped you up, like the size of the D3 team.
    Last edited by Simca; 2014-02-02 at 07:36 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The problem with leaks is that even if 95% of this is real, including the fake shit that somebody like me would know is false just ruins the authenticity of everything you say. If you think that the D3 team didn't grow significantly since launch, then you really don't have any insight into Blizzard after all.
    ...Why would a dev team increase after the game is done? Why would a team grow for a smaller scale expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    ...Why would a dev team increase after the game is done? Why would a team grow for a smaller scale expansion?
    I read this and the thing that keeps popping into my mind is

"99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs in the code Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code"

15+ Year Old Account
    Console release required console-specific developers to be brought on board + expansion overhauled the majority of the game's systems.

The D3 team went from like ~80-90 people to over 100 in the year following its release.

The only way the OP would be correct is if they scaled down the D3 again very recently (my knowledge is half a year old) and he didn't know about the period with an increase in development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post

"99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs in the code Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code"
    Bugs...why did it have to be...bugs!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The problem with leaks is that even if 95% of this is real, I know for absolute fact that a few parts are false. It's the silly stuff that tripped you up, like the size of the D3 team.
    Why are thread with false leeks kept opened for so long?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Bugs...why did it have to be...bugs!
    I've said that a few times in AQ and in Silithus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Because some people assume that the state of a thread being open/closed validates or invalidates a leak, so people can say "Boubouille said X" when mods lock a thread.

Since that happened in the past, we now only lock threads if they're super obviously false, and I can't prove that the entirety of this is false, just small pieces, so it will stay open.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post

I guess they must've put all the artists on the engineering team then, makes sense right?

Always nice with some info, if only to speculate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they must've put all the artists on the engineering team then, makes sense right?
    There are multiple parts of a development team and coding is part of it not just artists. A team won't downsize because the game is out of development, even when a game is published there is still a LOT of bugs. You implement a patch to fix bugs more bugs show up from patching. I honestly don't think the team has downsized especially since they have a new expansion coming out. A expansion causes more bugs and as soon as it launches there will be a TON of bugs that needs to be fixed that they may or may not expect. NOT only on PC's but on consoles each of which requires a team to patch.

Further more expansions also have patches that require artists when adding new content. Those same artists could also be working on another expansion out.
    Last edited by Ceethemage; 2014-02-02 at 08:03 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Damn those generic field onions posing as the much finer forms of Allium Amaryllidacae Alliodae. Moderators must stop this onion disaster! (PS, not making fun of the poster...just providing a culinary chuckle). In all reality, like Sim said, moderator action on these threads communicates a message through the Tin Foil Network and it creates a much larger problem than one contained thread. Unless they have verified information either way, they typically let them be.
    BAD WOLF

- The Team wants to launch expansions faster but it is still a problem because there arent enough good developers who applied at Blizzard Entertainment
    well...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/127...iring-2-3-2014