Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

well, i'm fine with that.

Yeah, thats a good alternative. Charge should stay as it is.

Well fuck.

I would have preferred the charge nerf over what they're doing with disrupting shout.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    This is what a blizz blue said about charge and also they are putting pummel and disrupting shout on the same DR seriously blizzard its hard enough as a warrior to beat casters so now we going back to the good old days of free honor kill warriors for casters. fuck you blizzard always nerfing the wrong shit cos you listen to the 10 yr olds of wow not the proper players.

We're going to revert the Charge and Warbringer changes from the 5.4.7 PTR and make a different change. Here's some context:

We feel that Warriors are too disruptive vs casters in PvP at the moment. To a certain extent it's intended that it should be more difficult to get casts off if there's a melee DPS sticking to you, but Warriors just have too many options along those lines currently. That's part of the thinking behind the change to Charge: as a root, Charge would not interrupt casting, so it would be useful purely as a gap closer and rage generator, not as a way to lock down a caster.

We're reverting it because, although we do think it's a good change and something we're likely to revisit in the future, it's a bit too big of an overall change for 5.4.7. There's a bit of a ripple effect here; making Charge a root certainly accomplishes the goal of scaling back Warrior interrupts, but it opens up some secondary issues (such as "what happens when you Charge a target with Hand of Freedom active?") that we'd need some additional time to clear up. Put another way, we wanted to nerf Warriors' ability to disrupt casters, not their mobility, and at this point in time the Charge change would have been a nerf to both.

So instead, we're making a different change: Pummel and Disrupting Shout will have a 15-second shared cooldown. To be clear: Disrupting Shout will remain at its current 40 second cooldown, but you won't be able to use it within 15 seconds of using Pummel. Likewise, using Disrupting Shout will put Pummel on cooldown.

We may still come back to the Charge change in Warlords, where all sorts of other changes will have happened (especially to CC) that allow it to make more sense, and we can spend more development and testing time on making sure it doesn't have any unwanted side effects. For now, the shared cooldown on Pummel and Disrupting Shout will fill our original intention of making Warriors just slightly less difficult to cast against.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry about the language but you have to be fucking joking Blizzard.

This new change is an even worse impact on PVE than the previous one. Many PVP warriors don't even use disrupting shout, but I bet just about every PVE one does. Ugh.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

15+ Year Old Account
    Crazy. Changing one of the if not the most iconic abilities in the entire game...9 years later. Makes no sense.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Then again two interrupts in PVP is pretty powerful, at least against spellcasters.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So looks like it's pushed back to WoD, which makes sense. I was surprised they were thinking of making this nerf in a patch considering they're completely revamping CC in PVP in WoD anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Crazy. Changing one of the if not the most iconic abilities in the entire game...9 years later. Makes no sense.
    The iconic part of Charge is the charge, not the stun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pummel and Disrupting Shout will have a 15-second shared cooldown. To be clear: Disrupting Shout will remain at its current 40 second cooldown, but you won't be able to use it within 15 seconds of using Pummel. Likewise, using Disrupting Shout will put Pummel on cooldown.
    If anyone missed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then again two interrupts in PVP is pretty powerful, at least against spellcasters.
    And what about all the cc u casters have

warlocks: they have about 3 fears and cc effects from that pet that makes u sleep

mages: pet can use frost nova so can you and use about anoter 6 cc's

hunters: have disengages to stop damage and there leap of faith with a root and pets that cc

tbh warriors need 2 spell interupts to deal with all the bullshit spells casters have, guess wod is gonna be world of castercraft agian

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they're gonna tone down the mass use of CC in WoD a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    And what about all the cc u casters have

warlocks: they have about 3 fears and cc effects from that pet that makes u sleep

mages: pet can use frost nova so can you and use about anoter 6 cc's

hunters: have disengages to stop damage and there leap of faith with a root and pets that cc

tbh warriors need 2 spell interupts to deal with all the bullshit spells casters have, guess wod is gonna be world of castercraft agian
    Enough with the memes of World of <Insert pet peeve here>craft.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Don't get too excited:

Rygarius ‏@Rygarius 1m
    @Ruefasa @SoukieBillard Had more to do with feedback that it was difficult to not choose Warbringer over other same tiered talents.

Get to them now with better ideas to tone down your cc / mobility, because it will happen, and you want to be helping guide that process.
    We've been providing "better ideas" since Cataclysm. They do what they want. Most players, including warriors, were mentioning just how broken root immune avatar would be and 5.0 taste for blood, guess how they listened?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I'm sorry about the language but you have to be fucking joking Blizzard.

This new change is an even worse impact on PVE than the previous one. Many PVP warriors don't even use disrupting shout, but I bet just about every PVE one does. Ugh.
    "OH NOES I CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT THIS HANDICAP". No one needs 2 interrupts back to back unless you're just that bad at interrupting. All it was doing was horribly gimping the very few casters that still had to hard cast. This will help them out of the rut that warriors alone put them into while everyone else will overall be fine.

I say this as an exclusively warrior player, this change IS for the better. CC DOES need to be addressed but nerfing charge isn't right in anyway. They need to remove access to shockwave and/or stormbolt for arms warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

"OH NOES I CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT THIS HANDICAP". No one needs 2 interrupts back to back unless you're just that bad at interrupting. All it was doing was horribly gimping the very few casters that still had to hard cast. This will help them out of the rut that warriors alone put them into while everyone else will overall be fine.

I say this as an exclusively warrior player, this change IS for the better. CC DOES need to be addressed but nerfing charge isn't right in anyway. They need to remove access to shockwave and/or stormbolt for arms warriors.
    Thanks for making baseless assumptions when you don't know anything about me. Appreciate it.

I didn't say that I am suddenly going to be fucked or I'm pissed off because I'm a bad player and won't be able to cope. I played warrior for a LONG time and I am fine with only having one interrupt. It's not a problem. This is a change I expected to happen eventually.

The problem is that they are nerfing PVE class mechanics MID-TIER for the sake of toning down DPS warrior control in PVP. Exactly as I said about the charge change, if they do this at the end of the expansion or start of a new raid tier, I have zero problems with it.

But changing something like this mid-tier when many guilds are still progressing on heroic SoO and especially Garrosh (a fight where double interrupts is very handy in a 10-man raid) is very irritating, especially when they were fine with the mechanic in every tier since the start of MoP and this is clearly a PVP-motivated change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Thanks for making baseless assumptions when you don't know anything about me. Appreciate it.

I didn't say that I am suddenly going to be fucked or I'm pissed off because I'm a bad player and won't be able to cope. I played warrior for a LONG time and I am fine with only having one interrupt. It's not a problem. This is a change I expected to happen eventually.

The problem is that they are nerfing PVE class mechanics MID-TIER for the sake of toning down DPS warrior control in PVP. Exactly as I said about the charge change, if they do this at the end of the expansion or start of a new raid tier, I have zero problems with it.

But changing something like this mid-tier when many guilds are still progressing on heroic SoO and especially Garrosh (a fight where double interrupts is very handy in a 10-man raid) is very irritating, especially when they were fine with the mechanic in every tier since the start of MoP and this is clearly a PVP-motivated change.
    They've buffed other classes in the middle of progression. So I don't see your point.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. I can see how now that they make a nerf that doesn't affect PVP warriors in a big way, you all turn around suddenly and it's like "Get out PVE noob, l2p!"

Funny how people turn their backs when it doesn't affect them any longer.

People will complain about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    They reverted the change that doesn't affect PvE at all to completely ruining a great PvE combo.

"Disrupting Shout and Pummel now both share a 15-second cooldown when either ability is used. Disrupting Shout's 40-second cooldown remains unchanged but the ability will be unavailable for 15 seconds after using Pummel."
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just make Disrupting Shout replace Pummel when you talent it, if they're doing this.

TBH it makes that talent tier more interesting for me — usually I just keep it parked on Disrupting because it's so much better than the other options. Now it's Piercing Howl by default, Disrupting iff I have a legitimate reason to interrupt in a radius vs. keeping a priority target locked up.

Entirely PvE perspective, btw.